Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Fixer Nano Changes

The thing that bugs me the most is LICC reduced to 10 seconds. I understand 300s was way to long, but 10 seconds? Thats way to short, double it to 20 at least. Will give us enough room for maneuvers/trying to land PO/ hug LoS/ and try to alpha. 10 seconds is stupid. Unless you give us perk execution time of 1 sec or instant.

or unless you read new NR check and new perk documentation may be ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Cause it's been so hard to land ever since

20s lock and 20s duration would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Even if PO lands from 1st try 10 secs is still to short. The one you are fighting know that the alpha is going to come since licc has only 10 sec duration so will be then or never, will be WAY to easy to anticipate when a fixer will go all in. If funcom expects us to Licc land PO then smash the perk buttons as fast as we can while sitting like a rock and doing nothing else, they need to rethink.

I would like to see the Wall Hugger nano back in the game for Fixers maybe Mourning Air too.

- J
    --
    "Funcom, wth? Are you making agent into assault doctors?"

Since we can no longer "spam" snares (with their laughable taunt); might we get a real taunt on a moderate cooldown?

When clicking on the link to the Fixer doc I get:

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

New doc coming up or?

Looks like all links to Nano docs are broken except Shade, Doc, Trader.
    Last edited by Fekal; Jan 27th, 2011 at 18:38:10. Reason: Checked all links
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

^^ think they are removing the prof from the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    When clicking on the link to the Fixer doc I get:

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

New doc coming up or?

Looks like all links to Nano docs are broken except Shade, Doc, Trader.
    Likely they are being tweaked further after receiving feedback so the old ones are no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Likely they are being tweaked further after receiving feedback so the old ones are no longer available.
    If they are making changes to them, the fixer doc changes will have nothing to do with the feedback.
    Funcom has a strange scrambler jacked in when it comes to listening to Fixers.
    Fixer issues

fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

responses + thoughts + bugs

Sorry in advance for the long post.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Ok, thanks. Nobody would want to waste that NCU space though, I'm quite sure, in receiving a high end HoT buff which heals the same as a low one.
    Won't take more NCU, just however much the buff you receive normally takes...

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Shame about some of those nanos that never made it ingame though; some of them looked like they would have been fun to use
    Most of them are in the auno database from patch 15.x... Seems more of a database cleanup than doing away with potential nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    And friggin YES to no longer being spammed with teaminvites from people wanting buffs or F-grid. Thats by far the biggest improvement imo
    Near as I can tell, this is not changed in the slightest. You still have to team. That would definitely be a great idea, though... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by farbman View Post
    So if you execute Lasting ultimatum on a lvl 150 toon, but you do not have the Lasting Life nano uploaded. Will it execute Lasting Life or will it fall back to H&Q (if you have H&Q)?
    The system should do a level check and cast the appropriate HoT for their level... What you have uploaded is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    it would be cool if they applied this method so that every HOT or run buff can buff any buff lower than itself in this same way not just for the top buff.
    Funny that, such is the case. Way to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Speed:
    SL: here i love it.
    In the current situation, if someone was too low lvl for my buff. he wouldn't get speed. end of story.
    Unless i sacrifice my evades and cast a way lower version of the buff.
    So, i have evades, or he moves faster.

Now we have both
    he gets a lower version of it, no need for me to sacrifice anything.
    Actually SL RS won't give evades anymore. Nor will any RS buff. Seems like we can cast a +79 OSB, though. Not sure how I feel about there being only one evade buff of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    The thing that bugs me the most is LICC reduced to 10 seconds. I understand 300s was way to long, but 10 seconds? Thats way to short, double it to 20 at least. Will give us enough room for maneuvers/trying to land PO/ hug LoS/ and try to alpha. 10 seconds is stupid. Unless you give us perk execution time of 1 sec or instant.
    Yes yes yes! This is awful. Why bother casting this anymore with all perk actions taking 2sec now, this seems like utter crap from a PvP perspective and it costs 1.6k to cast anyway. Why not make this like the snare/root nanos, so you don't have to nerf PvM too? Fixers need team marketability... It's the only debuff we as fixers have. And for those who aren't 215, a 5sec evade debuff... Just doesn't seem worth casting period. Suck on these 3 shots while your evades are down by 85! MUAHAHA....?

Personal thoughts:
    HoTs! I'm sad to see the team 20s long tick which *doesn't*? stack with the self long HoT. At least that HoT won't have an unbearable tickrate... And just to point it out, short HoT is getting kicked up to a 10s tick too. Seems like the only LE procs I'll be running are the HoTs after rebalance.

Snare reducing nanos have a weird twist that I feel like I should point out: They reduce by %, with the 195-locked nano reducing by 100%. I think I like this, but it seems too good. Except these nanos seem a little useless if the during is a whopping 10secs. Also: Firewalled NCU buff no long appears to resist snare/root? What's so firewalled about that nano now?...

Damage buffs are modernized! And finally our SMG buffs make sense. No more random evades and initiative and <insert good stuff here>... They have their own nanolines!

I like the cleanup of buffs like perception and B&E, thanks FC! Also, the new images are pretty. :3

In case no one noticed, GA no longer requires MC. I approve, especially since its mostly froob armor and they don't really have the nanoskill lub that paids have... Now they don't need to waste IP.

I'm concerned about the new nano reqs. After the rebalance, top nanoskills needed are: 1755MM, 1718 PM, 1711 SI, 1600 BM, 1600 TS, and 0 MC. It'd be nice to get the LE Research changed accordingly. Especially for PM, which will be vital to evades now, with the old slip of x line now becoming our chief 4hr evade line. Why the hell is evades based on Psych Mod, anyway? That doesn't even make sense.

Lastly, I'm confused by snares/roots. Comments say that the old non-SL snares should work in SL, and same with the roots. What is meant by this? Full functionality? Then why do we still have SL/non-SL snare duality?

Bugs I found:
    The new team snare reduction nano has no nanoskill cost.

Multi wield buffs, except for top buff, have no NCU requirement. Actually, this bug crops up several places. >.>

Fixer evac nanos are messed up. Both team ones take 5s to cast, and both selfs take 3s to cast.

B&E new buffs have the same reqs as old ones, I'm pretty sure you want to interpolate the reqs to match the additional skills they give.

Evade buff line has attack skills based on SI/TS. Need to remove the attack skills altogether, let alone they're the wrong skills xD

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Near as I can tell, this is not changed in the slightest. You still have to team. That would definitely be a great idea, though... *sigh*
    Actually, that has changed.
    All the team buffs have been changed to "Target's Team", so you won't have to team them for that.
    The only fixer nanos that still have just "Team" as target are the evacs.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Actually, that has changed.
    All the team buffs have been changed to "Target's Team", so you won't have to team them for that.
    The only fixer nanos that still have just "Team" as target are the evacs.
    aww you can not evac opponent's team
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    In case no one noticed, GA no longer requires MC. I approve, especially since its mostly froob armor and they don't really have the nanoskill lub that paids have... Now they don't need to waste IP.
    After rebalance it will be the same skill req on GA for BM and TS as it is for MM today
    If you look at the IP cost for the new requirements, it's major nerf
    Fixer issues

Am I reading that document wrong?

A lot of talking in this thread about the % based heal not being good enough...havent they extended this line and put it in it's own school? Meaning that you can now use it along with your short and long hots.

Looks like a line called 'Short term HOT', 'Long term HOT' and 'Long term HOT: 255'.

Previously didn't using the % based heal overwrite your Long term HOT?

This is surely a very good improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Am I reading that document wrong?

A lot of talking in this thread about the % based heal not being good enough...havent they extended this line and put it in it's own school? Meaning that you can now use it along with your short and long hots.

Looks like a line called 'Short term HOT', 'Long term HOT' and 'Long term HOT: 255'.

Previously didn't using the % based heal overwrite your Long term HOT?

This is surely a very good improvement.
    The Percent Based heal 'Long Term Hot: 255' is the same line as the 'Team Long Term Hot' if you look at the nano which is cast on each team member it's 'Long Term HoT: 255', so it'll be one or the other, but the percent based is self only.

Look in Column V of the spreadsheet for the Lines.

The HPS has been included for each of them on the right hand side if you want the exact rates of healing per second.

Though if a fixer has 6067 HP or more at 220 the top Percent based HoT is more powerful than the top Team long term HoT mostly because of the faster tick rate.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Oh, thats a bit disappointing.

How do you read these spreadsheets, whats with the different colors? Kinda worked out that dark purple means it's either removed or not in game but whats the difference between Pink and Blue?

It's fairly mis-leading. As you can see if you flip over to the old spreadsheet the % heal is put in with the heals it over writes. And look at the fact that there are now lower level % based heals, it makes sense that you should be able to use these alongside existing HOT's.

Whats with the two icons for each of the heals? (Team and Solo?)

pink means it's a girl nano

blue means it's a boy nano
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Oh, thats a bit disappointing.

How do you read these spreadsheets, whats with the different colors? Kinda worked out that dark purple means it's either removed or not in game but whats the difference between Pink and Blue?

It's fairly mis-leading. As you can see if you flip over to the old spreadsheet the % heal is put in with the heals it over writes. And look at the fact that there are now lower level % based heals, it makes sense that you should be able to use these alongside existing HOT's.

Whats with the two icons for each of the heals? (Team and Solo?)
    Pink is the main Nano that is cast, Blue is the sub nano that gets cast as a result, so for the Team HoT's, the pink nano is the nano that the fixer will cast, with the green icon being the one in their programs window, when that lands on the target, everyone in the targets team gets the Blue nano and the Red Icon shows up in their NCU window.

Looking at 'Lasting Ultimatum Team' as an example
    The Pink Part includes all the details about the requirements to cast, the cooldown etc. and what happens when the nano is cast by the fixer. In this nanos case each there is a lot of 'Target's Team Cast' and level requirements, so it will cast the respective nano on the members of the targets team ,based on their level, eg a level 200 Character would get the 'Lasting Ultimatum' nano, a level 10 character would get the 'Relieving Salve' Nano.

Both 'Lasting Ultimatum' and Relieving Salve are never directly cast by the fixer, but cast as a result of casting one of the team version, so these are in blue, they do not have nano casting requirements, as those requirements are covered by the Team Nano, but they do include the duration of the effect and benefis of the nano.

So the fixer selects the Lasting Ultimatum Team Nano with a green icon (Green indicating it's a team based Heal) on a Target, that target is in a team of 220's and is 220 himself. The target and everyone in the targets team gets Lasting Ultimatum Cast on them (the blue version underneath the pink team version) and they all get the Red Icon in their NCU window.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The reason the % Based Hot is separated out, I suspect, is because it's a self only nano, whereas the other Long HoT's are team based Nanos.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; May 1st, 2011 at 16:23:09.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Any reason why Fixers shouldn't be able to use all three at the same time? Might be something for them to look at.

If not what they've basically done is create a line of nano's that people will most likely never use. I thought that privilege was left to MP's and their creation weapons.

Wouldn't it be much better to actually tailor the % based heals to be used alongside the current HOT's?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast