Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Enforcer Nano Changes

Funcom employee New Enforcer Nano Changes

Alright guys, gonna keep this one short. As noted in this week's Friday with Means thread we *do* share our Professionals concerns with Enforcers having difficulty catching up with their targets in the future - To that end, we're working on something... unique... for the profession which should alleviate that problem in the future. More information on that will be incoming when we're sure that it'll actually work.

And that's about it. You guys can find links to the pertinent documentation either in the above-linked FwM thread or in the big "Balance Documentation" thread at the top of this forum - Enjoy. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Good job.

I like the team aspect of "Team Emergency Absorb Layer". But is 30k absorb not a littel bit too much?

With the cooldown on AoE-Taunt and Singel-Taunt the enfo has now something to do during raids. Although the decrease in HP from 29k to 15k (with no rs malus) makes sens for PvP and PvM.

Seems to me the documentation is increasing the enforcers support-role in teams by adding various absorbs.

I had hopes that with being able to lockout various nanos for certain amounts of time docs would be given absorbs as a way of healing.

2-3 diff singletarget heals with various nanocosts and buffs to the target with 10-15 sec cooldowns

2-3 diff absorbs (single/team) for dmg spikes (people getting alphaed) with longer cooldowns

I hope the focus on enfs shielding their teammates with these changes wont make such a suggestion non-viable.

Decrease cooldown of the layer saving team thing IMO. 2-3 minutes would be nice.

Other than that my only real concern is runspeed, but apparently you have that sorted.
    Wouldnt be unhappy if the cooldown of layers changed to 10s instead of 15, though.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

WoW i like the player taunt O.o

Seems like it changes the targets target to you and hits them for more dmg the higher there NR is O.o

Heck if this keeps up then AO PvP could become WAY fun ^_____________^
    Ps. wtb something similar for soldiers
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

giving enf's an awsome brawl buff? Great, why dont i just deleate my freaking ma already.

that's mainly cool. honestly i understand the RS/HP limitation.

RS because the curve will change soon, the sploits have been killed and melee perks range are increased, while fears now snare & agents have bail toolset already.

HP ; because PVM already got nerfed too much by huge healing (ich/bi/bi/bi), crazy amount of debuff (crat stackable nanos, doc proc/nanos, engi blinds, nt/trad NR lawl) and huge panel of dmg reduction (absorbs, reflects) ; because PVP enfo has so many HP some profession can't even bring them down to 50, added to BR/coon & tard alpha sploit and you get the picture.

beside that all the new teaming aspect of enfo + the nano sparing for a profession wich is weak that side is definitely nice. the only part i'd really regret is the self-shield w/o taunt, as quest reward that worthed it for that particular taunt mainly ...
    Last edited by bitnykk; Aug 21st, 2010 at 23:26:52.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I think that there is another reason that would justify the HPs nerf. It looks like Enfs could no longer suffer from useless absorbs someday, who knows.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

The emergency team absorb should have no attack time. When the enfos has a high init debuff running form monsters or instance debuff the emergency absorb would last too long to save someone's life

Well the singel taunt is nerved extremly. Now its not really better than mongo (only in addition to mongo).
    But how should an Enfo keep aggro if the singel taunt is tauntig 25k instead of 50k ???

I don´t think FC will nerve the damage so extremly, that the enfo can keep aggro with that small singel taunt.

It's still 300k taunt/min. I don't think I've seen anyone push that much dd, and that's not counting taunt procs and items and the enfs personal dd. You might need to work a little harder to keep agg, but that's fine in my book. Separates the good enfs from the bad ones

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    It's still 300k taunt/min. I don't think I've seen anyone push that much dd, and that's not counting taunt procs and items and the enfs personal dd. You might need to work a little harder to keep agg, but that's fine in my book. Separates the good enfs from the bad ones
    300k/min with shade is childsplay on rk.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I have seen Shades, MAs ans NTs doing easily 450k/min.

And its not only about taunt/min. Singel taunt although helps to get aggro back if something went wrong (not assisting, healaggro, etc.). Two singel taunts and normals the enfo should have the aggro back. Now you need 3 mongos and 2 singel taunts... thats roughly 20sec instead of 5sec.

Triple taunt procs (2 LE/1 nano) + edging closer to full agg might solve that problem.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Triple taunt procs (2 LE/1 nano) + edging closer to full agg might solve that problem.
    Indeed. It might make all our taunt tools useful again. I look forward to this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    giving enf's an awsome brawl buff? Great, why dont i just deleate my freaking ma already.
    Because you can do everything an enf can do, a lot better after this.

Also, if you're a DD class and you die, it's your fault. Your damage does need to be regulated based on your tank. This is part of playing a DD class, yes, really.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Funcom employee

A few things I wanna note:

Absorbs: First, understand that the changes to the absorb casting are not written in stone; after speaking with Genele this morning regarding the overall feedback and opinions we may further alter the casting/local cooldown times on the line. That *said*, though, we're also looking at more permanent options in altering how absorbs themselves *work* which will increase their benefit - We'll have more information on that as it's available.

Runspeed: As noted before in other posts, the runspeed caps and curve will be adjusted to go along with the rebalancing efforts - The curve will be 'flattened' slightly, with the lower end pulled upward (IE: moving faster at lower RS amounts) and the higher end pulled downward (IE: moving slower at higher RS amounts). The cap itself will increase, with people at the new maximum cap amount moving as quickly as players at the current cap. This, of course, does little for you guys as the runspeed buffs from several of your nanos have been removed - However, as Means noted we are looking at alternative solutions to this issue; MA's received Zazen, Keepers are getting Clarion Call... if things work out as we hope code-wise, Enforcers will be receiving their own unique tool to deal with this situation. If things do NOT work out as we hope then we'll be making other arrangements to ensure that Enforcers are not left behind speed-wise.

Taunts: Part of our goal is to make Enforcers *work* for their aggro management, meaning that the non-nano parts of your toolset (such as items) will become more important as the rebalancing progresses. Things like passive proc taunts and such, while helpful, do little to aid in making the class a more active tanking profession. This isn't to say we won't reconsider adding in a passive proc action to something like Ice Burn, but our goal is to make the aggro management aspect of Enforcers a much more active part of their toolset.

I also wanna take a second to repost something I dropped in the Engineer forums over the weekend, which will hopefully explain a bit more regarding our plans in terms of 'finalizing' changes like these:

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Yeah, this is something I've said a lot by now and I really can't repeat enough - We don't plan on doing this halfway, and will be tweaking and changing things even past the point where it's gone live. Yes, I know, previous versions of the AO development team haven't done that; they've tended to take an "it's out, leave it that way" standpoint. We ourselves haven't even changed *that* much on live yet... but in our case it's because we're trying not to screw up what's already there (any more than it already is) while we keep ourselves busy with trying to fix all of it (and there's a lot to fix).

So yes - Things posted for the rebalancing *are* subject to change and will continue to be in the future. We are dedicated - more than any of you guys probably know or could believe - to getting it *right*... and if that means fussing with it until we do? Then that's just what we'll be doing. No matter what or how long it takes.
    Just because something's in these documents doesn't mean that it's final or written in stone. Far, far, faaaaaar from it. This is an *iterative* process, one which will continue to see changes as we go along; while feedback is definitely welcome and we encourage you guys to share your concerns, going off the deep end and screaming that the end times are nigh is just a bit premature at this stage. Remember - Rational, well thought-out feedback is always better than screaming like a chicken with your head cut off, and it's that sort of feedback we'll take into consideration when looking at additional alterations. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Couldn't the enfo PvP taunt also put a 2k 20s absorb on the targets target before switching the active target to the enfo?

Think that would stop most people from immediately swapping back and instead focus on the enfo..

Also it would give enfos another defensive toy to play around with in one on one situations without being horribly OP -.^

Btw i dont have a enfo myself, i just think PvP taunts are cool xD
    Last edited by Rktim; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 12:33:15.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    300k/min with shade is childsplay on rk.
    Burst damage perhaps, but consistently? I run dd pretty much all the time to see how I'm doing and the highest I've seen a shade end up at is 270k (apf general). But hey, I know jack all about shades, maybe the ones on rk1 just suck

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    A few things I wanna note:

after speaking with Genele this morning regarding the overall feedback and opinions we may further alter the casting/local cooldown times on the line.
    So 12 posts = feedback?

People are used to the old system so every change that you may do its always going to be a "nerf" in everyones eyes. How about do the balance and get feedback after for adjustments, this way you won't achieve any balance if you listen every "emo QQ oh noes my profession is going to suck" out there.

Feedback is good, but you can't call it a feedback if a handful of people complains about it. Im just saying..

Regards

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast