Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: What does it mean to be Omni?

Well then, you know who you have to blame for that, don't you? Either you or your "parents"(which basically means whoever genetically engineered you, being an atrox) had a choice of where to live. You or they chose the desert, as even your precious clans do have cities to live in. The only one relatively habitable was made by Omni-Tek of course, but that's neither here nor there.
    My point is, don't act like your upbringing was harsher than it had to be. In fact, had you joined Omni-Tek, they wouldn't have left useful employees to rot in a barren wasteland. Apparently, that can't be said for the clanners. I'm sure they've got a good excuse, though. It takes a lot of time and effort to plan how to continue to make more of Rubi-Ka's development stagnant by attacking the only ones with the means and will to make an effort to continue the terraforming process, as well as the only ones with the resources necessary to effectively combat the alien threat. A lone atrox out in the desert is, after all, expendable equipment to them in this "grand war for freedom" against the Corporation.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

You know, for my meager and strange beginnings... I never once had to dabble in blame for any of it. I am damn happy to be alive.

Words are wasted on you, Wise*ss. Don't think for a minute you have any clue where some of us come from or where we been. You don't know ****. Don't sit there and engineer excuses FOR us, when you don't even know the issues that create those.

And let me educate you about wastelanders, my idiot friend. They are a good lot, and understand the value of human life. Don't you dare lie and insinuate anything on their good names. They never achieved comfortability with any of this "whats expendable" nonsense. My people are farmers, herders, and ranchers. We know that without family and hearth and home, there IS NO LIFE FOR ANYONE. We scratch a 24 hour a day living out of dust, livestock, and water rations, and we do it proudly.

Screw you, city boy. What do you value?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What does it mean to be Omni? Here is your answer:

1.5 pages of bitching at one clanner. Congratulations folks, you are the winners. You had every opportunity to make something celebrated, but all you could find in your hearts was to sling monkeysh*t at one smart mouthed clansman who built his life with his own two hands.

Really? Seriously? Is this all you have?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 16th, 2010 at 19:46:12.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Words are wasted on you
    Ditto, my addled adversary. But here are some anyway. It seems you know nothing about Omni-Tek either, mr. (or is it ms.) "Bubba Want Crush Good". Most of us are also simple workers, doing chores such as city administration, working in restaurants, being paid to run bars or work as DJs, herding and guarding brontos, working as receptionists, engineers working on terraforming, new warping technology, new insurance technology, no less. Yet those who do such work are not really the ones that form clans or run large military organizations, such as the ones that we actually talk about when discussing the issue of Clans versus Omni-Tek. They are, unless actively involved in the strife, effectively neutrals with a side preference.

And where do you get off insinuating that Omni-Tek employees don't have families or homes? I'll have you know that we are not the mindless drones Simon Silverstone wants to you think we are. But I guess you can't be blamed for falling for their propaganda. Fact is, us employees lead a full, rich and meaningful life, but we also work hard for our Corporation, and reap the benefits, such as better pay than whatever your "people" get for their work, and better healthcare, entertainment (provided you don't prefer watching two women beat the crap out of each other... great depiction of the value of a human life, by the way).
    You work hard for measly pay and you think your reward is that "We have hearths and families"? That's your problem. Join Omni-Tek and buy a fireplace.

And calling me a city boy... well that just shows that you don't do your research very well either.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.

1.5 pages of bitching at one clanner. Congratulations folks, you are the winners. You had every opportunity to make something celebrated, but all you could find in your hearts was to sling monkeysh*t at one smart mouthed clansman who built his life with his own two hands.

Well, let me rephrase your statement for you:

1.5 pages of one clanner bitching constantly, despite the fact that everything he says is utter bull****. Praise yourself lucky that someone actually bothered to respond after the first two responses you managed to piece together. Then again, you're probably the type who'd assume you won the argument when no one bothers to fight back anymore. Well, in that case, enjoy your victory. I'm done.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisewise View Post
    Blah blah blah
    Good im so happy you managed to get to the root of who's really like what or not. Now that its taken several insults and counterpoints to actually get you to SAY this, now let me ask you this:

If you're so average joe, like me.... then whats the @#%$ing point of insulting me for being just as average, but not JUST LIKE YOU? Is that what you live for? Cookie cutter lifestyles? Or are you mad that there is something or someone that is beyond your illusion of control?

Go ahead, ill wait your utterly breathy and unremarkable reply. Hell, it will probably take a hell of alot more manipulation on my part to get you to even realize what all this prodding means.

I swear im wasting my time on you children.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What makes you think I was even responding to the news article? If the IRRK wanted a response they would've written something neutral and not something that radiates anti-OT propaganda. Your reply however was worthy of a response, congratulations on that!

Sincerely,
    Erminia "Irna" Cicali
    Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

Irna - RK1 - Doctor

*sits vainly trying not to burst out in laughter*

Oh man.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Well, let me rephrase your statement for you:

<<insert off topic here>>
    No, you @#$#ing idiot. This argument I started had nothing to do about winning either. Like I said, words are wasted on you.

Do you monkeys understand causalities at all?!?! Do you really need ME to point out that all that finger pointing at the working class that take you 2 pages to admit are 'no different' are gunna sit idly by and watch some muckity muck behind a computer screen in an office that has zero attachment to you, take out a loved one simply because its okay to make the call of 'expendable'!?!?

You're joking right? Because no one.. not anyone... is going to point a gun to my child's head and tell me hes expendable. I will murder every single one you to protect whats mine. And that ... is how its been. Its how its ALWAYS been.

Would it be fair if I walked into your home, told you your mother was expendable, and had the authority to give you the pink slip order on it?!? Hell, the damn slip could be signed by the highest brass in your department. Do you think i'd have the right to do that??

SO HOW THE HELL IS IT OKAY TO DO IT TO EVERYONE ELSE!?
    Now do you see the point? Or are you going to continue to piss about in the bushes while the glaring posterboard is hovering just above your head?

Don't hate ME for telling YOU the truth. I don't care if you don't like what I have to say, but save yourselves, for the love of christ. Be thankful these are just words, because out there is about blades and bolters. Honestly? Id rather treat the problem, not the symptoms.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 16th, 2010 at 20:24:06.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Now, now. Our factions are already aggressive enough out in the tower fields. Do we really need to be so insufferable towards each other here, as well? Surely we can enjoy a stimulating article such as this without resorting to flippant comments and snide remarks.
    A.W. Morgan, Esquire
    Rimor
    West Athens
    Apartment Complex 4/Door 4

"Teach a man to build a fire, and he might keep himself warm for a time.
    Set a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life."

I have to insult them, they don't respond to anything else.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 17th, 2010 at 21:03:17.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I was going to say something anti-OT in the interest of balance. Looks like I'm not needed here, though.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

You don't really need to say much anti-OT in the interest of balance, since the article was already biased in favour of the clans. Frankly, the only thing making these two articles neutral is the fact that it doesn't call for the extinction of Omni-Tek. The "soulless bastards" part is still there, though.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.

As much as I'd like to believe this is true, its pretty clear you spent zero time actually comprehending it, instead of just regurgitating the same tripe every other brainwashed cubical chimp spews. Shock me, I challenge you.

Alright, you are on.

"You can't be a clanner and ONLY think selfishly. "
    Right, you have to create a new Council to challenge the old one every two years when you do not get your way through democracy.

"Being born into the sort of harsh life we have, is the perfect scenario to test our attribute."
    Really, I could have sworn in another article some other clanners said they have made it out of their caves and have mastered their environment. You all going to make up your mind, or just switch between those two mentalities as you see fit?

"But, let me hip you to something you seem to completely ignore about this "evolution" thing you seem to embrace. That lovely evolution and fancy computers and all that technology you so love to say is all yours? Completely built off of clanner blood and sacrifice. "
    Since when did miners serve as computer techs? Or are you saying it was stolen? Because if you had such a hard life in the north I really doubt you'd have access to this kind of technology. Or maybe you mean the reclaim system that *Omni-Tek* still provides for you. You're welcome!

"All that stuff you say has been about notum profits, which WE STILL MINE FOR YOU."
    - and mostly smuggle off world. Nicely omitted.

"Clan atroxes are still living and dying wearing that sword of motivation. All those notum profits you guys enjoy so much? It was made on our blood, and continues to this very day."
    Mining is dangerous work. Every miner knows that. If you are referring to the "They are just Atroxes" quote, that was centuries ago, and the person whom uttered it was punished for it if I recall correctly. Judging an entire corporation based off one persons lack of good judgment. If we are going to play that game we might as well lump Red Freedom, and the Sentinels in with New Dawn.

If you are talking about more current events, reclaim as reduced the mining fatalities exponentially. If your Clan Miners are still having issues then maybe you should take it up with your *clan* overseers.

"How does your throne of blood feel now, ladies?"
    Pretty dry compaired to the Clans.
    -Sentinel attack one Rome *civilians*.
    -Assault and Torture of stranded 4 Holes *Civilians*
    -Red Freedom attacks, on Omni and neutral *civilians* Followed by mutilation, and crusifiction of the bodies.
    -That Clan psycho thats been attacking Omni *civilians* In Trade, Rome, and Ent. She's been dismembering the bodies too by the way.
    (I've noticed clanners have had a thing for corpse mutilation... That's really sick. Would that be part of your honor, and integrity?)
    -Oh! An I almost forgot. How about that raid on Newland a few years back! What was the basis behind that again? Really I'd love to know what you'd attack neutrals!
    Omni-Tek allowed you Clans to manage yourselves, have your little monthly meetings, and yet all you can do is blame other people, and each other. Then when that fails you start throwing temper tantrums, and swinging fists, like a bunch of little kids. Really put on your big boy pants and GROW UP!

I'll close with your own statement. I seems to fit better...
    "And I laugh.... SO HARD, about it. And all that uppity snot dripping pretentious garbage you like to preach at us about how below you we are? The comments behind our backs? That integrity is built on a cheap lie. We know how deep that lie goes. Hows your integrity now?"
    Last edited by Psysim; Aug 17th, 2010 at 01:48:59.

There's a fundamental difference between Omni-Tek and the Clans:
    We make people integrity a priority above "progress at all cost"; for Omni-Tek, it's the other way around.

The rest is just a matter of how each side achieve these opposite goals.

Omni-Tek has done very questionable things in the past, harmful enough to give birth to Clans. Had the Company's leadership and management been better, this split could have been avoided.

It could even have been reverted with at least a proper apology to the people you forced to endure the stupidities like forcing down on them a weather control system that destroyed a large part of your own installations, just because Omni-Tek was too proud to let a sub-contractual give it a shot.

There has never been nothing close to as much as an apology from the Corporation. Nothing. Not even the slightest sign of consideration for those you sacrificed without even bothering to ask if they would volunteer for it.

Maybe they would have.

You are now stuck with fighting a problem you have yourself created, and are perpetuating by the same ongoing arrogant attitude that has guided all your decisions since problems started to arise.

That's the funny smell some people accuse Clanners of having: the stench of your own arrogance that gets under our skin.

Oh ho ho! Pot. Kettle. Black.

The Corperation's gafs were three liftimes ago!
    The Clans add to thier list on a -daily- basis!
    Before you throw stones you should first ask yourself if you are without similar sins.

I can not wait to discover all the skeletons in your closet Mrs. Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Psysim View Post
    Oh ho ho! Pot. Kettle. Black.
    Absolutely. We are the back of your medal. You've been warned by the ICC and it wasn't enough. Clans are a radical movement to fight radical abuses. We are the pot and you are the kettle and we both boil. Deal with it.

The Corperation's gafs were three liftimes ago!
    Not quite. It "started" lifetimes ago, but has unfortunately kept going, which denote that no change of attitude is likely to occur any time soon.

The Clans add to thier list on a -daily- basis!
    Daily is a bit much. Monthly?

Before you throw stones you should first ask yourself if you are without similar sins.
    We have certain "sins" in common, when we must fight fire with fire. There are some things that we don't wanna do though.

I don't fool myself thinking this is some kind of holy war and that we're perfect and without blame. War is dirty. War is destructive. Maybe I'll hate myself for what I've done when I was a clanner, if I live that long...

...but I doubt I will.

I can not wait to discover all the skeletons in your closet Mrs. Clay
    I know the names of the skeletons I have in my closet. I don't think you could even remember what breed were yours.
    Last edited by Xeenah; Aug 17th, 2010 at 02:31:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post

I know the names of the skeletons I have in my closet. I don't think you could even remember what breed were yours.
    Oh damn I felt that one, and it wasn't even directed at me.

All proper flaming aside, I made my point. Continue to worry about your own hurt ego's and you loose sight of the important things. I've wasted my breath for hours insulting some of you lot, and in spite of topic and heart... the only thing you were concerned with was insulting me back. Not a single one of you cared about anything else other getting one up on lil old me. Congratulations. Way to keep an eye on the ball.

I suppose i've wasted enough effort on fishing for the smart ones. I got people to kill, I will see you all later.

Best irony quoted thus far:
    "Judging an entire corporation based off one persons lack of good judgment. If we are going to play that game we might as well lump Red Freedom, and the Sentinels in with New Dawn. "
    Oh really? Ya think?!
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 17th, 2010 at 03:01:47.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Frankly, the only thing making these two articles neutral is the fact that it doesn't call for the extinction of Omni-Tek.
    Well, your self-centred inbreeding, in the name of the corporation, removes the need to be planning for it.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Deal with it.
    Oh, we will, Mrs. Clay.

Maybe I'll become a skeleton in a Clanner's closet, or maybe even a skeleton in an Omni employee's closet. I'm a gear, I'm a tool, I want to be a useful and operational one. I don't care that I'm not remembered, I don't care that I'm sent to sacrifice. My purpose is not to have a statue erected to my name, nor have an impressive tombstone above my grave. I may not even get to have a grave.

We're not like a pack of wolves(*). We're like ants.

I know my purpose.

(*) Heya Bubba
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast