Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: What does it mean to be Omni?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: What does it mean to be Omni?

What does it mean to be Omni?
    August 13, 29484 - Kate "Lariske" Delvin [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - We all know that to be “An Omni” you have to be an employee of Omni-Tek. But there are many different departments which make up Omni-Tek each with its own specific role.

It is commonly known that Omni-Tek is the largest of the Hyper-Corporations which form the backbone of human civilisation across the stars. Its headquarters take up an entire solar system, its profits are nearly un-quantifiable, and much less understandable to the likes of the average person.

However the people, those that make up the corporation would say that Omni-Tek is much more than a company out to make a profit. Indeed Omni-Tek Press Corps would say that being Omni is a way of life, a way of security and prosperity. Its maxims are numerous and can be seen across all across their domain. “Let Omni-Pol protect you” “Get well with Omni-Med” or “Join our
    family, Omni-Tek” are but a few.

Omni-Tek however does indeed offer security, both on the street and job security. Omni-Tek pays well and provides all that an employee needs, from the highest quality health cover to best entertainment, you can be sure that Omni-Tek provides for its employee’s.

So if you’re happy to allow the corporations to make some decisions on your behalf and you work hard, life can be very fulfilling and comfortable.

However what it gives with one hand it takes away with the other. For the security and having all your needs met, Omni-Tek requires that it’s employee’s to work hard, don’t step out of line and do not question authority or the orders they’re given. There is no democracy or right to free
    speech within Omni-Tek.

The corporation must come first and foremost before any personal issues. If you don’t like what the corporation does? Tough, keep quiet and get on with your job.

Step out of line and get picked up by either Omni-Pol, or Omni-InternOps or Omni-Reform and expect a harsh talking to and maybe even a demotion.

Or if you believe you can get away with it, defect, leave and be branded as a traitor.

Omni-Tek is after all a company out to make profits, lots of profits and beat the competition into submission or annihilation. To them that’s just the way things are.

This seems rather negative in tone, especially compared to the 'What does it mean to be a Clanner?' article.

Perhaps Lariske should think about changing sides. Neutrals are after all, supposed to be neutral.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Being Omni means giving up selfishness, "me, me, me" and accepting to contribute to a broader entity. Can't have it all, that's the price of progress, but by being united and not torn apart and disorganized in tiny fractions, we work together and reach higher goals. Not everybody is capable of that. It takes a lot of discipline to be part of it. But does Omii-Tek leave it up to its citizens to muster the discipline needed to uphold this choice? No. They support us in moments of doubt, by putting resources at our disposition.

Are they all perfect? No. Then again, who is?

You think it's all about profit? Hah! It's about evolution. It's about carving out from fate the power to shape the future. We took this hostile rock and turned it in a habitable place. We slapped Death right across the face with insurance technology... I've yet to see what significant contribution Clans could possibly bring to evolution.
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

We took this hostile rock and turned it in a habitable place.
    And immediately set to sending miners into the depths to work crappy jobs with little safety oversight. When Omni's pet atrox breed started to turn, Omni effectively paved them over while shrugging and saying, "They're only Atroxes" and "We're very concerned about our equipment."

THAT is the solidarity of Omni-Tek; everyone willing to bury their heads in the sand.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Aww calnners always out of date..
    Your little rebellion was 300 years ago, mabye it's time to find something new to cry about.
    You know, most people rebell at some point in our life. The diffrence between a claner and a employee is that while the clanner continues to cry under his rock, the employee grows up and accept his role in life.
    Not as a so-called "mindless drone" as I know some of you think, but as someone that knows his place and contribute to the best of his abillitys for the best of the cooperation
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

And just like Omni-Tek to wave aside their horrendous record.

The difference between a Clanner and an Omni? A Clan member is willing to stand. An Omni employee repeats platitudes and ignores the effect of their actions. You generate dissent and write off the losses.

Are you trying to say that Clans never sacrificed anyone for the greater good, not a single one, ever?...Come on.

Let's leave the pink cloud alone for a second. Clans keep repeating "freedom-freedom-freedom" like some kind of worn down mantra. Truth is, you have nothing to offer. You can't agree on the most basic things, how do you plan to insure stability of any infrastructure your beloved Clanners will need? Because they will need them, unless your freedom means living off of a prayer.

Last I checked, and I checked recently, I only needed my ten fingers to count how many clans there were in the your little Council. Is it all that you plan to build on?

If you worry more about a little misunderstanding between two of our departments than what's going on in your own backyard, that explains a lot.
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees

"Sacrificed"? Yes, many have sacrificed. For the Clans, that is their choice- for Omni-Tek, it is whoever the mine collapses on. That is Omni-Tek's gallant sacrifice.

Clans keep repeating "freedom-freedom-freedom" like some kind of worn down mantra. Truth is, you have nothing to offer.
    You're right, we have nothing to offer. We aren't a force trying to conquer Rubi-Ka and dictate behavior. We don't want anyone doing so.

how do you plan to insure stability of any infrastructure your beloved Clanners will need?
    You should really stop by Omni-2 these da- oh, right. Well, anyway, we fixed up all the collapsed buildings, we cleaned Tir River, which had been poisoned by Omni-Tek in an attempt to kill us off. Really, target civilians with biological weapons?

Last I checked, and I checked recently, I only needed my ten fingers to count how many clans there were in the your little Council. Is it all that you plan to build on?
    If need be, yes. Things are running smoothly enough, no Clan is being held back, and we do not require anyone to act on our behalf. We administrate, not dictate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun View Post
    Being Omni means giving up selfishness, "me, me, me" and accepting to contribute to a broader entity. Can't have it all, that's the price of progress, but by being united and not torn apart and disorganized in tiny fractions, we work together and reach higher goals. Not everybody is capable of that. It takes a lot of discipline to be part of it. But does Omii-Tek leave it up to its citizens to muster the discipline needed to uphold this choice? No. They support us in moments of doubt, by putting resources at our disposition.

Are they all perfect? No. Then again, who is?

You think it's all about profit? Hah! It's about evolution. It's about carving out from fate the power to shape the future. We took this hostile rock and turned it in a habitable place. We slapped Death right across the face with insurance technology... I've yet to see what significant contribution Clans could possibly bring to evolution.
    Well, aren't you the educated know it all. Its pretty obvious you never ran your own clan then. I've been doing it for yours and it takes EXACTLY the same kinda mettle and fortitude that you describe. Clans have it in spades. Being born into the sort of harsh life we have, is the perfect scenario to test our attribute. You can't be a clanner and ONLY think selfishly. If you do, then you are not part of a clan for long. We are the tribe. You cant think selfishly and live among us happily for long. If you want a great idea of our mantra, this poem here will definitely describe it to you.

But, let me hip you to something you seem to completely ignore about this "evolution" thing you seem to embrace. That lovely evolution and fancy computers and all that technology you so love to say is all yours? Completely built off of clanner blood and sacrifice. All that stuff you say has been about notum profits, which WE STILL MINE FOR YOU. You wanna talk about how the original bits of this are archaic and no longer. Think again. Clan atroxes are still living and dying wearing that sword of motivation. All those notum profits you guys enjoy so much? It was made on our blood, and continues to this very day.

How does your throne of blood feel now, ladies? All those lovely conveniences and hair colouring products, eye makeup, and fantastic smelling soap you seem to think clanners lack. Our sacrifice made that possible for you. The best part yet, is in turn... we use that money to profit on our own, and make it even harder for Omni-tek to find out just how far entrenched we are.

And I laugh.... SO HARD, about it. And all that uppity snot dripping pretentious garbage you like to preach at us about how below you we are? The comments behind our backs? That integrity is built on a cheap lie. We know how deep that lie goes. Hows your integrity now?

Oh and one more thing: We have way better hackers than you. Jus' sayin.

You're welcome,
    The Garbage Man.
    Local Union 187.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 14th, 2010 at 18:37:24.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Perhaps Lariske should think about changing sides. Neutrals are after all, supposed to be neutral.
    Since when? everyone knows that neutrals are nothing more than a second devicion of clanners. Not that I care much though.

Well, didn't that one sting, I didn't expect such a reaction on your part since that wasn't my goal.

I've read the poem that Bubbacrush pointed out and it's a very good one. Indeed, the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

I prefer my Pack. Sometimes, size matters.

(( ...thanks a lot for linking that Kipling poem, a pleasant discovery for me ))
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post
    And just like Omni-Tek to wave aside their horrendous record.

The difference between a Clanner and an Omni? A Clan member is willing to stand. An Omni employee repeats platitudes and ignores the effect of their actions. You generate dissent and write off the losses.
    The clanner isn't willing to stand. Too much work
    And an employees does not ingnore the effect of their action. We do our best to make sure it is in the best intrest of the cooperation. If we do a good job it will benefit all of us.
    Clanners on the other hand only think about them self
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun
    Last I checked, and I checked recently, I only needed my ten fingers to count how many clans there were in the your little Council.
    You need your fingers to count? Sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline
    And yet we do stand. Last I checked Omni-Tek lacks control of several key regions up in the north. Since that little rebellion.
    Those lazy unwilling-to-do-anything-productive cave-clanners seem to be quite a challenge for this almighty corporation and its heroic pawns.
    Last edited by Ikarus; Aug 15th, 2010 at 13:12:10.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    And an employees does not ingnore the effect of their action. We do our best to make sure it is in the best intrest of the cooperation. If we do a good job it will benefit all of us.
    Clanners on the other hand only think about them self
    Gimpi, we already knew you were daft. You don't need to continue to prove it to us.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Oh how cute. Clanners are resorting to the "you're a big dummy!" argument. I'd say if that's all they can bring to the table, the debate is over.

Then open your eyes and keep reading. Or is that all the english you understand?

Idiot.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Referring to that gigantic message of opinions and hypocritical contradictions? Yes I read it. It wasn't worth the effort, dissecting, and pointing out all the falsies. Oh and I see you've gone back to name calling again. I guess this is that clan integrity you spoke of?

Quote Originally Posted by Psysim View Post
    Referring to that gigantic message of opinions and hypocritical contradictions?Yes I read it. It wasn't worth the effort, dissecting, and pointing out all the falsies. Oh and I see you've gone back to name calling again. I guess this is that clan integrity you spoke of?
    As much as I'd like to believe this is true, its pretty clear you spent zero time actually comprehending it, instead of just regurgitating the same tripe every other brainwashed cubical chimp spews. Shock me, I challenge you.

But alas... no wonder why lap dogs are just... lap dogs. I suppose you have your uses in other categories, because obviously following an argument isn't your strong suit. I apologize, it was my fault for thinking you had intelligence enough to distinguish this. I shall correct that behaviour right away. After all since you cant even bring your A game to following the conversation, I daresay you actually having a real individual mind on it would prolly rip a hole in time space.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(( posted by Irna, Omni-Tek doctor ))

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I've been doing it for yours and it takes EXACTLY the same kinda mettle and fortitude that you describe. Clans have it in spades. Being born into the sort of harsh life we have, is the perfect scenario to test our attribute. You can't be a clanner and ONLY think selfishly. If you do, then you are not part of a clan for long. We are the tribe.
    Yes, I'm sure the clanners have a really hard time growing up in the barren deserts that are Athen and Tir. Don't kid yourself, the time of the contract-breaking miners living in a cave is over. Now it's just a bunch on brain-dead monkeys who like to think of themselves a a victim of OT.

This discussion is pretty much pointless though. I love the Omni-Tek family, and all that it stands for. Most likely just like the clanners have some kind of misguided sense of love for their clan. I'm quite sure the time of talk is long gone so I'll leave the discussing to me and my family's guns. Just don't pretend you guys are that innocent. I know you are not, this is our planet.

Sincerely,
    Erminia "Irna" Cicali
    Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

Irna - RK1 - Doctor

Did your homework did you? Not every clanner is born in the urban jungle. Some of us actually had to claw our way out of the sand a thousand miles from civilization.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast