Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Item theft

Darkbane's signature -

"Is this a feature of the game that is not working as intended?
    Can advantage be gained by using this feature?

If the answer to both is yes, then the feature is an exploit."

You be the judge.

Property in Anarchy Online

OK, back to subject.

30,000 years into the future and our property system has reverted to possession is 10 10ths of the law. Yes, that sucks and seems unrealistic especially if you see Jails, guards, etc. around. All powerless to stop thiefs, ninja looters, etc.

As players, we got to live with it because basically, FC would have to recode and make neat features no other MMOG has implemented. FC has enough things on its plate of higher priorities.

What will piss us off is that there is so little we as players can do to punish offenders. In fact alot of things we'd like to do to thiefs might get us banned for harassment.

At least we don't have to worry about buyer beware, it is a neat feature we can examine what we are buying before we hit accept.

So what would be great is if FC offers a item imprint feature. Basically, take the holocamera and ID thingie (crats use these) and use them to make a tradeskill item that you can use to imprint an item with your name. Then when these get traded the imprint stays with it so no dispute on ownership even if they get modified (i.e. turned into a nano crystal etc.) Hey our items have unique, nodrop, etc. tags on em. Add a name. And they cannot be traded by anyone who is not named on the item except to the owner.

Originally posted by Foetous
    Also, if memory serves me correctly, i seem to recall seeing the account up for sale on the big E.
    A few days ago, I saw this girl asking for someone to build a few implants on Clan Shopping 100+. I sent her a tell asking her to come to the rock beside Tir grid.

"Where's Tir grid?"

That threw up a red flag right there.. 100+ and doesn't know where the grid is?
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

Re: Item theft

Originally posted by Divinehero
    From what i can tell Taranicole (lvl 150 clan doc) made off with my NS disc. I gave it to her to make it, she LDed and has been gone for 30+ min if u spot her plz send a tell to Divinehero or Divineblast, or u could just flame her to death i don't care as long as i get the disc back.
    First. I want to say that I am sorry to hear that this happened. Taranicole is now on my bad girl list (I don't mean the good list either).

Second...I am sorry to say Devine, but as I read your statement, there was one big thing that bothered me. She was a doc.....doc and trade skills don't mix... I recommend staying away from docs for tradeskill needs.

GL to ya...

sorry to hear that happend what a low life. Just made my blacklist. Reputation means everything in this game. I guess it takes some people a while to figure that out.

This sucks way to much to let it happen to anyone let alone someone as cool as divinehero

Well in a culture where there is no direct recourse to property theft, the only way we can express our displeasure is through harrassment.

Can I suggest we all inform as many people about Taranicole on OOC and guild chat as possible until everyone is sick of the name.

Then if she ever pops her head up on any trade/chat channels do the same.

Perhaps we can all /pointfor at her whenever she turns up anywhere and /s out her location or something.

Re: Re: Item theft

Originally posted by Shibbey

First. I want to say that I am sorry to hear that this happened. Taranicole is now on my bad girl list (I don't mean the good list either).

Second...I am sorry to say Devine, but as I read your statement, there was one big thing that bothered me. She was a doc.....doc and trade skills don't mix... I recommend staying away from docs for tradeskill needs.

GL to ya...

Actually, I disagree with this. Docs can be great trade skillers due to the green treatment and being able to self swap ql200 implants when ever they need for whatever skill. just a sidenote.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Thumbs down I am sorry for your loss.

I don't pvp yet, but I will remember her. I am so glad I have tradeskillers in my org that I trust. And just the day before you posted this I was telling my Mate I hadnt heard of any high levels stealing tradeskill items, and he could be sure if he found a high level guilded player that could make his imps he'd be okay. Then I decided to use a friend...glad I did.
    Last edited by Codewitch; Oct 11th, 2002 at 12:47:44.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Those stats are not valid as they are MONTHS old. Auno shows me as level 154 still, and Im currently 167.

If you recall, the owner and maintainer of auno quit 2 months ago updating that site.

Taranicole's current official stats :

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...ame/taranicole

and guildless.

Yeah, figured that out when I looked up my own name, and removed the link.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Unhappy

So sorry to hear that Divine

KOS listed, I'll spread the word in guild.

Next time u need tradeskills, send a tell to me or use ppl like Superslang
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

omg unbelievable

FC ban this goon, i'm 100% sure he/she/it was on ebay about a week ago.

/points at self for tradeskills

I know. I did something similar to SilkeX\Jho.

Not because I felt it was right, just tired of them and the burning desire to force them to swallow a big spoon of their own bitter medicine.

I'll try to say this within the "social guidlines" : %&/¤&/¤¤#"Q%%&%£$€€$€ !!!!! That #¤%#¤%#¤/(&( theif!!!
    I curse the soil that kwack walks on.

This is so low it realy doesn't deserve a comment.

If I can be of any asistance, Divinehero, or just a shoulder to cry on, give me a tell =)
    Fixeline Unit Leader in Reborn
    Crateline

Can't FC do anything with this? This can't be allowed when harrasing people is illegial

Re: Property in Anarchy Online

Originally posted by Seraphfirst
    OK, back to subject.

At least we don't have to worry about buyer beware, it is a neat feature we can examine what we are buying before we hit accept.

nice read....

but this part is wrong. if the person on the other side hits accept you can no longer view said item..

meaning...

if thief puts GA in window, you hit shift clickto view , then thief switchs it with disc that looks like it and presses accept, you cannot review that item. you key in your credits, hit accept and wind up with something completely different.

Several instances reported of this.
    I personally turned it in a bug.

The person the other night was showing off his "stolen" items to my son, laughing that all FC did was suspend him for one week and he got to keep items.

I'm very sorry to hear about this, in fact I'm mad, guilde sent me this thread I'll be adding a link to it from our own forums(3305 Local) and 'suggest' that no-one from our clan has anything to do with this toon what-so-ever.

Hope some morality seeps into this persons heart, that or seriousley sharp bit of instant-karma in a PvP area.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by caloss2
    I'm very sorry to hear about this, in fact I'm mad, guilde sent me this thread I'll be adding a link to it from our own forums(3305 Local) and 'suggest' that no-one from our clan has anything to do with this toon what-so-ever.

Hope some morality seeps into this persons heart, that or seriousley sharp bit of instant-karma in a PvP area.

peace
    cal
    I dont think getting killed in a pvp area would even begin to make up for what she did.

Thieves should be announced on the Rubi-Ka herald broadcast as such.

I can't believe (s)he would do that.

:\

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast