Thread: Specific Shade IP Spending Plan

Specific Shade IP Spending Plan

Greetings-

So I had this thought. Besides the "What weapon should I use?" question, the one I get asked most often by new shades is "What skills should I raise?" I often find that new shades complain about the lack of IP, which is a bit of a mystery to me since my shade was probably my easiest in terms of IP out of all of the professions I have played. Most guides that talk about IP spending give a general guidline; max this, keep this up, ignore this, etc. But even after someone reads these, the question of how to spend IP still crops up. I had an idea, then, to create a specific IP spending plan for a new shade.

Obviously, there are some caveats to this. First, it's my idea of how to spend IP for a shade. Second, it focuses on a leveling, PvM shade, and not a specific twink, or PvPer. Third, it may be irrelevant and not really necessary. But I thought I would have you guys take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Again, this is geared towards a newbie shade who is learning the ropes and is meant to provide a good base for them to equip what they need to, when they need to. At the moment, I have only created it for Opi shades, but would add the rest of the races later if you guys think it's worthwhile.

Let me know what you think.

Link: Shade IP Spending Plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

If I recall, after maxing the obvious things at 220, I had 1.4m IP to spend. Far plenty in comparison.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Provisions guide to pvp

roll trox

profit
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

i put ip into perception when i was levelling so i could swap a vts with def research item depending on what i was doing.

i wouldn't bother with tier apart from gloves. predator and goddess armor would work well there. tattoo's and nova dillon can be used when twinking weapons.

I put mine in perception as well, 1400ish or so. Helps un-sneak the non-sneak professions. And hellmule, stick with pvm
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

I put my IP somewhere and I can't seem to find it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Lawlz. Yeah, as I said, the idea was to provide a fairly generic, but detailed guide to where to place your IP. It's not a question so much of tweak this to get that or raise that to put this specific item on, but rather a way for a brand new, never played before shade to have a guidline for how to spend their IP. I doubt very much anyone would use it past level 50 or so since by that time they'll have their own ideas of what they want to do. Although I did talk to a level 159 shade yesterday that had not put a single perk into PM, but had fully IPd perception to put on the highest crit scope he could....
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

@ Hvyshadows
    You do not need to max perception for that at, most of the scopes you'll get will be able to get on with a solitus shadowbreedb and advent buff

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjawathne View Post
    @ Hvyshadows
    You do not need to max perception for that at, most of the scopes you'll get will be able to get on with a solitus shadowbreedb and advent buff
    i would hate to have to look for OSBs to swap le-huds and scopes.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Yup. Besides, at that level you have IP to spare, so burning it here is not going to harm you in any meaningful way.

In 2016, when rebalancing is done, parry/ripost will most likely actually do stuff, so might want to pr then and/or take that into account
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yeah, I thought about that too. Although we can probably just update the numbers in 4 years time when they actually become useful skills.

Thank you alot, helps me alot through lvling!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

You're welcome. I didn't think anyone was actually looking at this. I'll update it for other breeds just in case.

Why IP Treatment from 151-190? Is that a typo or is that somehow in preparation for some secret thing regarding Betas/Alphas?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Wow this looks like a lot of work. Kudos to you.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Why IP Treatment from 151-190? Is that a typo or is that somehow in preparation for some secret thing regarding Betas/Alphas?
    Back when you needed treatment for treatment kits!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Aha!
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Another good weapon choice are Ofab Vipers. A QL175/200 combo will actually OD the PE over time.
    Prosthetics:: 220/23/48 Doctor -Now Atrox and loving it!
    Slaveofhate:: 214/22/56 Shade -Progress (still)
    Otdude:: 150/9/35ish Soldier - Froob-to-paid
    Incellie:: 131/0/0 Meta-Physicist -Froob-to-paid

why ip nano? get pads and tokenpeen and you got plenty to cast all your nanos plus swimming expertise.