Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I wasted IP --->

Why I wasted IP --->

Okay I have been using Rider Executioners ever since I lived on Rubi-ka and Really...they are crap.
    I stopped using them at around ql 154 and Spent 60kIP into 2hb.

that was lvl 99 20k IP and lvl 100's 40k IP.
    Two level or 3 under 100.

And I tell you....
    Its makes such a difference.
    I used to be CRAP at pvp...Now...Im good, if im not bugged or if the hammer actually hits

Yeah, I got a Ql 200 Hammer of d00m on..pretty good for my first hammer ROTFLMAO!

Nice to take some people out in 2 hits
    Now Im happy because I dont ever need to buy a new weapon "yet" and I can concentrate on armour.

Was it a wise choice? Was I f00lish for spending the IP or was it a smart decision?

Self equipping a 117 hammer at 53 and never been happier. 1200 crits on mobs. 600 crits on PCs. It works really well. I'm really happy.

Riders on my advent were okay, and I might switch to riders eventually with Arinia post 100 after I can self equip a 200 hammer (just for variety). But for now, the hammer rules.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Talking Yay Cloudeh, you've seen the light!

Yay!

Ya finally switched over to 2hb, it is nice ain't it? I would keep your eyes out for a beam though, talk about PvP monster. Much quicker than the hammer and INSANE crits, its rather deadly.

Don't worry, you aren't foolish about your IP investment. For the longest time I used 2he (Merchant Warblade) and did some good dmg and could keep up, but man 2hb is a thousand times better. I did about the same thing you did, spent about 60k IP to get into a maxed 2hb skill, made some implants for 2hb and voila! I'm a beam wielding crit mastah mofo =D
    W0t0 Guild Advisor, Rubi-Ka 2

Eorwen - 1117 Attrox Enforcer
    Kinatro - 54 Opifex Agent (Doh! First character syndrom!)
    PyreWraith - 38 Nano Mage NT
    Fantazm - 46 Opifex Agent (Doing him right this time!)
    Kynatro - 45 Solitus MA
    Jadys - 30 Nano Mage Beurocrat

Ahh another couple of converts to the cause. 2hb weapons are so nice I'm considering equipping my baby crat with a hammer just to be different.

yeah i was actually thinking of switching to 2hb
    i'm currently a lv56 dual rider exec and when i team with a friend who is using a beam i just see how much more damage he's doing, its frustrating so i guess it'd be like 40k ip to spend on 2hb to get it back up to lvl ? (thats 2 levels i guess)

i think i might do that pretty soon, if any of u have a pretty good spare beam i could use ?

2hb weapons

Heh, I hate to say it, but my 64 doc turned to using a hammer .
    Now I'm a PvP powerhouse, and I can tank if there aren't any of those wonderful enforcers with mongo in my group...

I kinda think hammers are overpowered, but considering the 7 sec wait time, it aint too bad.

More power to the hammer-users!

Just remember that hitting from time to time for 37 pts can be very dangerous on very even fight. This is a risk you may not be able to compensate.

I recently switched my Q118 hammer for a Q124 beam and I'm very happy with the use of Rage / Flurry of Blows that makes a very noticeable difference in dmge output with the Beam.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Switched from 2HE to 2HB just now (L65 or something)
    LOVE IT!
    I DON'T REGRET IT! not ever for a second!

I'm not using my max ql hammer, 'cause I haven't found any :-(
    But without implants or wrangles, I can prolly equip ql 140 hammer at L 72.

..and yes, the minimum damage on the hammers are a risk, but it is still worth it. Hammers also keep aggro alot easier than puny blades

Smile Oh yea...........

Hammers definitily mark the spot to melee nuking.....

Xaxa QL200 Premium Sledge Hammer of DOOM

I CAN NOW UNEQUIP AND SELF EQUIP IT BACK ON w00t!!!!!

Xaxa lvl 112 enforcer......

I'll shove that hammer right back up your ass!
    :P

*PROUD MULTI WEILDER*

even if I am the last one on rubi-ka....

Talking nope not quite

*PROUD MULTI WEILDER*

Nope, I'm over here using dual 1he. I am waiting for them to add the uber 1he to the game that I can use and Own joo hammer/beam users......

A guy can dream can't he

Cool

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

*PROUD MULTI WEILDER*

You know that I am still multiwielding.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Xaxa lvl 112 enforcer......
    Hey, look, it's another female enforcer!

We really need to have a big enf party sometime. Sorry Yaz, but all the rest of us are on RK1 .

What QL implants do you have in to self equip that QL200 at 112?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

yaya.. i know.. your all on RK1, that is why I post so much so you know

Dnastyone is here!

They will let me switch someday (didnt someone say we could dream?)

as far as beams go, if you dont crit a lot hammer and beam Q200 are about the same. People I talk to say that the hammer is even better. I still say my switch out is god, currently Q200 hammer with a `153 beam. Problem is that on the client side (their, not mine) they dont see the weapons switch out, so they think I am exploiting

Someday our clients will actually see what is going on and not some pretty picture (well seeing what is going on will be a pretty picture).

Gratz on the 2hb btw, it is such a big difference there is no way to NOT use them for me.
    Last edited by Yazule; Jan 3rd, 2002 at 20:59:31.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    as far as beams go, if you dont crit a lot hammer and beam Q200 are about the same.
    I doubt that since melee init makes a lot more difference for me with a Beam than with a Hammer. I'd be happy to test this ASAP with both Q200 tools in a few weeks.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Well gummi I will tell you why I think this.

First of all I talked to a friend that uses the 200 beam for hunting. He says the beam aint all that for pvp. So that is my first reason.

My second reason is an odd one so bear with me. I find that I crit more with my hammer than I do with my beam (swing wise) and that using a 159 beam that crits for 2200 or so and a 200 hammer that crits for 3000 or so I do better with the hammer. I have a theory on this that I will talk about now.

The way I see it I crit about 3 in 4 with my hammer and about 1 in 6 with my beam. My theory is there is some kind of relationship between crits and the time of 1 swing. Because the hammer is SOOO slow it has a higher percentage chance to crit. That kind of logic would make the "crits per time" more balanced. I have never seen anything like this discussed but that is my standard theory.

I currently use a 159 beam with a 200 hammer, they have the same requirements basically and the hammer is FAR superior. That means that as you get closer to a 200 beam the more balanced it gets. From talking to people using 200 beams they are superior if you have a crit buff, and about the same if you dont have a crit buff when hunting. In pvp they are superior if you have a crit buff and slightly inferior if you dont have it.

I was trying to think of attack rating vs needed skill vs crits too, but currently I am using two weapons with the same requirement so that should not be a factor.

I can arm my 200 beam with a *shudder* trader buff and *shudder* challenger. I will test this when I get back from my little vaca and let you know what I think.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

re

I multiwield as well. But I have been considering going to the hammers and beam. I just cant decide....

Seems from what I have been reading that it would make my enforcer life easier. Because at 53 lately soloing missions has not been easy... or maybe I am just doing something wrong.
    Last edited by dunegoddess; Jan 3rd, 2002 at 19:52:17.

Seems from what I have been reading that it would make my enforcer life easier. Because at 53 lately soloing missions has not been easy... or maybe I am just doing something wrong.
    Mob strength curve starts to get really steep when mobs hit about L60-65. I can solo 55 missions so easily it's a joke, but 60-65s are hard even with a team of 2 (Teamed with an adventurer last night weilding a QL100 hammer, so he's no slouch -- he's a guildmate, and about 5-7 levels above me). l wanted to duel him, I suspect he would have owned me and my 117 hammer .

But anyway, the point is, curve gets really steep arounf QL60 as far as mob HP and damage to some extent.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Hammer are slower and harder.
    Beams weaker but faster.

Im a solitus I cant use beams, is it possible for a beam to be hacked to remove atroc only?

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Im a solitus I cant use beams, is it possible for a beam to be hacked to remove atroc only?
    Yes but it's an exploit and I wouldn't like to see it spread on the boards.

Mmmmh you really want to know uh ?

ok, ok .... here it is :

(move closer)

Restart the game - Go to selection screen - Click New character - You spawn in a lab room and can choose your breed again - Take Atrox - Exit the lab - Make some XPs because everything as been reset BUT you can now wield a Beam.

Cool uh ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast