Thread: Ma Offensive Stance

Ma Offensive Stance

I'd like to suggest an offensive counterpart to zazen. Something that decreases the ma's ability to heal but increases their attack rating/general damage.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

{Edited by Prevention: Removed original post}

I think offensive stance would be the obvious next choice.

How about "support" stance

and spy stance!
    Last edited by Prevention; Jul 19th, 2010 at 14:31:10.

Offensive stance = normal state :P

Delirium is kinda doing what you are asking for. More AAO at the cost of AAD.
    blah

Delirium is a pathetic failure of a MA attack. When you need the extra AR that it gives - you can land it, due to the same reason why you want to use it in the first place. It's idea is nice, it's implementation is inexcusable.
    Then you have the 4 minute lockout (that locks MotR too btw), the nano cost (which will hurt even more when the heals cost doubles), and of course it's duration, which is only 30 secs, and I'm guessing Zazen is likely to last longer, if not being permanent (until swapped back to normal stance).
    There's also the matter of it being only in one QL (300), and missing from the lower level MA tools... (like all the LE MA attacks really).

I'm not for or against an "offensive stance", just saying that Delirium is NOT it.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Offensive stance needs to capitalize on our strengths, and take them to the next level. It needs to make MA's powerful enough to do damage without relying on hotswaps and all that useless crap.

With delerium, MM and sphere, we were hitting 3700 AR. We need that level of AR without the time constraints of sphere/MM in offensive stance. If delerium is considered the offensive stance it needs to have a far lower check or no check at all, just a self buff. Delerium is the biggest nerf I've ever seen as it is curently, it's just stupid.

It should be a 50% check, -500 AAD/ +500 AAO or -300 AAD/+300 AAO, not cost nearly as much, and have a 25 second duration.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    It should be a 50% check, -500 AAD/ +500 AAO or -300 AAD/+300 AAO, not cost nearly as much, and have a 25 second duration.
    And sure as hell it shouldnt "User Lock Strength 240s"....
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

AAO +300
    Run speed +200
    Phis init +100
    Crit +5%

Evade close -150
    Dodge range -150
    Duck exp -150
    Nano resist -150
    Heal mod -5%
    Heal delta -30

Hows that sound?

IMO, normal stance is def stance

MA could use some more AR at the cost of damage
    As could all classes really
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

More AR for less dmg? That makes sense o_0?

Its not so much that all classes could use more ar (well ok every one "could use" more of everything but still) its more over that crat and fixer evades could use a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

Not a bad idea, really. Useful for those occasions where doing SOME damage is more important than doing big damage.
    Waiting for a cure.

Being perk reliant, its very viable. Makes sense too, to hit with less force but with greater precision, for example.

Game shouldnt really have situations where people do ZERO damage, ever due to someones evades
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    AAO +300
    Run speed +200
    Phis init +100
    Crit +5%

Shotgun +797
    Burst +598
    Flingshot +400
    Aimed Shot +400

Evade close -150
    Dodge range -150
    Duck exp -150
    Nano resist -150
    Heal mod -5%
    Heal delta -30

Hows that sound?
    /fixed

Aimed shot has become a part of nearly every prof in pvp, why shouldnt MAs get a craphander?

Quote Originally Posted by akademiker View Post
    /fixed

Aimed shot has become a part of nearly every prof in pvp, why shouldnt MAs get a craphander?
    /facepalm
    end of thread ;>

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

/fixed

Where do you live?

Also- anyone know where I can buy a set of those razor gloves that freddy krueger used?
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Where do you live?

Also- anyone know where I can buy a set of those razor gloves that freddy krueger used?
    elmstreet 123

lol at toysrus: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=521965877

Indeed lol.

Btw, that would make an EXTREMLY coooooool MA weapon
    Too bad currently it'd look like a pixelated version of a ss-cap from Doom1 :/

Ive been reading an abundance of replies that state the same thing..
    "With the new balance, MAs need to be able to do damage and kill their opponent without all the hot swabs.''
    Honestly, we are the slut of all hotswabs and it sucks really. I hope FC takes this into huge concern. How to fix it? Im not to sure really but the only thing I can come up with really is more AR. At 150 I actually do have a pretty good alpha (perks only) line but It seems when I really need them to kick some ass I have to use FOL, then wait 4min...yawn...
    I have a pretty good PvP setup (200 ofab pent pants, CC, SS glasses etc) and still its ok but I can only imagine how it gets at 220 where its hotstab central.

More AR/ without some lockout attack? I sure hope so but it seems to be wishful thinking:/
    Idk how the final balance for us MAs is going to be but all I can say with the current nano changes, we have enough defense lol... thanks for giving us some more but please, more AR really.