Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Enfs and Attack rating

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Rofl. Okies, lemme know how to evade 50% and 0% checking perks kk?
    You don't ... so why are you surprised you can be perked through DOF and Limber by those perks? I mean, it's pretty obvious that those particular perks are INTENDED to ignore your evades, yet you find it unreasonable they do so? Someone needs to realign their expectations a bit.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 25th, 2010 at 16:16:12.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Teach me how to evade an Aimedshot or Sneak attack please.
    Teach me how to bypass the 30% health cap with a single Aimed Shot or Sneak Attack and then ill bother posting defenses besides having more than 1 point of health useable against these specials in more detail. As long as any sort of health cap exists, anything over 1 point of max health is more than 0 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    I ditto this, but i dont think this itself would be enough.
    An NR/def nerf would be at least minimum to add.
    In addition to making all perks 100% def checks then, you would also lower enforcers 2650 def and the only high defensive stat the profession has, being NR and that would just be the minimum? Stripping a profession of all their strong, or even making weak points weaker, is not balancing.

A profession must have strong points and weak points, so taking everything away just makes a profession broken and unenjoyable. I could part with my AAD boosts, perhaps lowering to 2400 in a defensive setup which would be perkable by practically every defensive setup of every profession. Enforcers would be easier to cap FA, SA, and AS on in this state as well, so the main weakness would be increased as well.

The nano resist must stay though, as it neither makes enforcers unkillable nor overpowered. Enforcers are a tanking profession that takes the second most pvp damage of any profession, so the only balanced way an enforcer should die would be to high damage-over-time that outdoes an enforcers healing and mitigation, which is the same for several professions. If an enforcers healing needs to be toned down, then that can be adjusted alongside other changes in the future.

What people want is for enforcers to have stats as follows:
    32000 max health
    2400 or less total defense
    2400 or less total NR
    2000 runspeed
    To heal approximately 50% less per minute
    3300 Attack Rating max
    Nerfed CC removal
    Nerfs to bio cocoon

We should have learned enough from the state soldiers and crats are in defensively to know what happens when you give a profession only one strong defense. What people want for enforcers does not even give them that.
    Last edited by Gatester; Jul 25th, 2010 at 16:35:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Obviously that speaks more to the state of your shade than it does enfos in general.
    Ok, go roll a shade. Hit 220, obtain all top items in game, and laugh with us at your 2-bit comment. Point in case, a lot of trox enforcers sometimes have to use MR to perk me, now you know it's OP when a solutis can walk up and have an easier time. Let me know when your shade is completed please.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

This, this, this, this, this. And this on the target.

On my shade when im gonan duel a enf or whatever i go full def mode, and with all that running i got like 6.4k def on clsc (counting aad ofc). Didnt count the SP Drain line, since he/she will most likely use 50% checking perk before u get to land ur SP line. Maybe remove blur too, u might not always get that landing before he/she presses the perk.
    Last edited by Burgly; Jul 25th, 2010 at 19:33:54.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    This, this, this, this, this. And this on the target.

On my shade when im gonan duel a enf or whatever i go full def mode, and with all that running i got like 6.4k def on clsc (counting aad ofc). Didnt count the SP Drain line, since he/she will most likely use 50% checking perk before u get to land ur SP line. Maybe remove blur too, u might not always get that landing before he/she presses the perk.
    Eh... duels.

Eh... duels.
    WAIT now, if you aren't talking about duels in this thread, then what are you talking about? It's pretty clear that everyone here so far is comparing prof vs. prof, so what Rox said isn't some glib comment you can simply brush off. It's valid, unless you want to make the claim you are talking about teaming and team benefits, which you nor anyone else hasn't been. You can't just conveniently switch to whatever flavour of PVP you want just to make some point that enfos need some huge nerf.

Yeah duels are much easier than mass pvp such as towers/battlestations. In a duel, you can easily waste 10 minute perk recharges. You might just run the whole SP line on the enforcer to prevent him from insta-perking you. All 7 perks of course from SP. However, you then find yourself being unperkable scenerio.. But what usually happens when you go hit for hit with a enforcer? Sneak/Brawl/Fast/Dimach.. Death. Again factoring the initial claim of being OP.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    In addition to making all perks 100% def checks then, you would also lower enforcers 2650 def and the only high defensive stat the profession has, being NR and that would just be the minimum? Stripping a profession of all their strong, or even making weak points weaker, is not balancing.
    Dracojr (RK1) has over 3k dodge def rating. With DB and 12m buffs it've missed him with 3100 AR. Now, that's not the norm but it's within the realm of possibility for other Enfs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The nano resist must stay though, as it neither makes enforcers unkillable nor overpowered. Enforcers are a tanking profession that takes the second most pvp damage of any profession, so the only balanced way an enforcer should die would be to high damage-over-time that outdoes an enforcers healing and mitigation, which is the same for several professions. If an enforcers healing needs to be toned down, then that can be adjusted alongside other changes in the future.
    This is your opinion. Bolded relevant parts. Pure damage as the only realiable way of killing the profession intended to be the best at soaking up and taking damage? Are you serious? Makes more sense in my head to take out the physical damage profession with a nano damage profession.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

WAIT now, if you aren't talking about duels in this thread, then what are you talking about? It's pretty clear that everyone here so far is comparing prof vs. prof, so what Rox said isn't some glib comment you can simply brush off. It's valid, unless you want to make the claim you are talking about teaming and team benefits, which you nor anyone else hasn't been. You can't just conveniently switch to whatever flavour of PVP you want just to make some point that enfos need some huge nerf.
    Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's practical.

I can get 20k+ NR for a duel vs an NT that says what? That means what? I are OP vs NTs?

[QUOTE=SultryVoltron;5829004]Dracojr (RK1) has over 3k dodge def rating. With DB and 12m buffs it've missed him with 3100 AR. Now, that's not the norm but it's within the realm of possibility for other Enfs as well.

wit + highway at the same time
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's practical.
    I not debating if it's practical or not. You simply care to ignore the fact that if you aren't talking about duels, you have a NON-1 vs. 1 PVP situation. As you approach a more mass PVP situation, many of the OP things that you guys are complaining about enfos become very insignificant.

So you either stick with talking 1 vs. 1, complain about OP enfos and consider the things Rox listed or you don't, leave the thread and stop complaining. Switching the scenario to suit your mood isn't going to happen here. I'm going to call you out on it every time you try it.

yes 1 vs. 1 enfos are pretty tough opponents, but don't ignore the things you can do to better your situation against them if they are THAT significant in your PVP encounters.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 26th, 2010 at 04:02:55.

yes 1 vs. 1 enfos are pretty tough opponents, but don't ignore the things you can do to better your situation against them if they are THAT significant in your PVP encounters.
    What was that again? I'm a MA.

What was that again? I'm a ranged advy.

snip
    What exactly becomes insignificant in mass pvp now?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by saxobul3 View Post
    wit + highway at the same time
    Ah, that makes perfect sense now... Lol. For some reason I always forget about Wit, especially on Enfos >.<
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

People really dont read my posts do they

Quote Originally Posted by Provision View Post
    They need to nerf the defense check out the perks. I pvp'd against a sol breed enfo on my shade today. In a full defense mind-set he was able to perk through DoF and Limber....this is lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    I ditto this, but i dont think this itself would be enough.
    An NR/def nerf would be at least minimum to add.
    Obviously that speaks more to the state of your shade than it does enfos in general.
    This. If an enf can "perk you" then you are the issue. Nothing hits a shade, even with nothing up. If you get hit by anything with limber or dof up then **** me you're doin it wrong.

The "0% checking perk" is actually NOT 0%.
    Not sure how many times ive said this
    NOT 0%
    NOT 0%

You may think it is
    but its not
    You should learn the mechanics, BRING THE PAIN ACTS AS A CHANCE TO HIT LIKE ANY REGULAR HIT.

Vs a shade, this is what, 10%? It's not high. It really isnt. The only one that is 50% is Bring the pain.

but even thats not 50%. It's actually 50% of your EVADE. your AAD is not halved. This means its probably more like 60-70% def, not 50. And yes, MA's, Shades, Crats, Adv, etc can definitely dodge it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    This is your opinion. Bolded relevant parts. Pure damage as the only realiable way of killing the profession intended to be the best at soaking up and taking damage? Are you serious? Makes more sense in my head to take out the physical damage profession with a nano damage profession.
    Do not bold random sections of a post to derive some sort of meaning from it. Enforcers take the second most damage of any profession, damage should be the only way they die. Does removing "tanking profession" make it better? If we were more like a "pvp tank" we would spam 3000-4000 absorbs with a higher nano cost so that we cannot die until our casting ends, much like soldiers.

I will never understand why people think a tank should be defenseless in pvp and also complain about their offense. What exactly should enforcers do besides stroke your epeen when you cap AS on them?

To Kinkstaah, on my shade a lot of enfo's are easy. However there are a lot of enfo's that destroy me easily through all evades. My shade has a little over 3.8k static defense. Enfo's perk me still through Dof+limber+stance+ going in hide before the duel starts to hit with blur. It's not a matter of "being a bad shade" or being terrible, it's all to do with the fact that it's VERY difficult to even come close to evade any of them. I will say however, I have tested this time and time again, and developed a strategy that works for me to counter a lot of the perks (not evade them, just deal with the damage I get hit with better) but that is only possible when all my absorbs are up. If not, I will probably get alphad. It's not impossible to evade their perks, but it's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Captian View Post
    To Kinkstaah, on my shade a lot of enfo's are easy. However there are a lot of enfo's that destroy me easily through all evades. My shade has a little over 3.8k static defense. Enfo's perk me still through Dof+limber+stance+ going in hide before the duel starts to hit with blur. It's not a matter of "being a bad shade" or being terrible, it's all to do with the fact that it's VERY difficult to even come close to evade any of them. I will say however, I have tested this time and time again, and developed a strategy that works for me to counter a lot of the perks (not evade them, just deal with the damage I get hit with better) but that is only possible when all my absorbs are up. If not, I will probably get alphad. It's not impossible to evade their perks, but it's pretty close.
    u gotta realise that to perk a shade and to kill a shade in both duels and in BS i need to use MR.
    the shade does just to much dmg otherwise becuase i cant kill it fast enuogh.
    if ur in some low hp build that gets capped by regular hits or something that is ur build flaw... not a design flaw or a flaw with enfs being OP.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    What exactly becomes insignificant in mass pvp now?
    Everything that people are saying that makes an enfo OP'ed. So the point is really that everything I see people whining about here ... is related to specific, situational 1 vs. 1 encounters. Further to this point, it's clear that is not how FC balances stuff. In conclusion, people have to look past their little bubbles to see what's really happening.

Everything that people are saying that makes an enfo OP'ed.
    Mix of good CC removal, alpha, healing, and other things becomes void in mass pvp? what?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast