Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Martial Artist Nano Changes

Can I ask one question?

Where the flying heck does the name "Zazen" come from?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    -Velocity still buffs only 70 run speed? We're melee we need to run fast :/
    Not necessarily, imo no prof but perhaps fixers should run fast, have high resistance to CC and access to root removers.

If SD remains as Balance documentation presents it, I'm even totally sure I don't want MAs to get a too high RS...
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Can I ask one question?

Where the flying heck does the name "Zazen" come from?
    It's the meditation as practiced in Zen Buddhism.

I mean...it's what Chuck Norris does when he sleeps.

Heh, cool Thought it was another one of those wacky MA words like "Xuyun"...

Wait, Xuyun was a Chinese monk apparently... wow, gotta give FC credit for their research.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Not necessarily, imo no prof but perhaps fixers should run fast, have high resistance to CC and access to root removers.

If SD remains as Balance documentation presents it, I'm even totally sure I don't want MAs to get a too high RS...
    Yes necessarily.

Plus, why tf should a ranged evade prof with cc tools and the best evades ingame have the highest rs, resistance to cc and root removers and not a melee one? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Yes necessarily.

Plus, why tf should a ranged evade prof with cc tools and the best evades ingame have the highest rs, resistance to cc and root removers and not a melee one? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    It does in regard with the general spirit under the fixer template. Fixer are supposed to be the unrestrained masters of runspeed and hit'n run tactics.
    I'm not arguing against the fact MAs' template justifies (to an extent) the resistances and removers, just that it shouldn't at any rate be coupled with high/very high RS. Only fixers, imo, should have the privilege to laugh at CC and leave rubber marks behind them.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Not all MAs have it perked anyway, those that do perk it sacrifice other damn important stuff to do so and it just only helps with roots and snares though, actual kiting is pretty horrible too. Melees should have high run speed, you need to move in front of what you're trying to hit to actually hit it and predict where they actually are and not where you see them. Not very pleasant when what ever you running after is faster than you.

It perhaps appeared like I was having a go at MAs, I should have been clearer.
    Like every prof traditionnaly able to fool CC in a way or another (apart fixers), I don't think, for the sake of balance, that it should be something you can couple with (self-buffed) high RS. Doesn't mean MAs shouldn't be able to get the RS they need, just that they shouldn't be able to achieve both in one setup, in particular in the light of the changes announced to CC tools.

So, two possibilities imo :
    1) The changes to RS caps and availability will be such that the RS achievable self buffed by MAs do the job well enough. Situation balances itself of its own.

2) MAs issue with RS doesn't get better with the upcoming changes, but some more RS is attainable through perks, in such a way that SD and RS perkline aren't likely to be perked together.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Gonna be very very tough to kill ma's 1 on 1 now. They could already outheal AS. With more heals the duel will finish @ 100% for them.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jul 18th, 2010 at 07:19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Gonna be very very tough to kill ma's 1 on 1 now. They could already outheal AS. With more heals the duel will finish @ 100% for them.
    Consider, though, that they're losing about 600-650 Martial Arts if they use Zazen.

Consider, though, that they're losing about 600-650 Martial Arts if they use Zazen.
    Hmmm? where'd you hear that?

what the f**k???????
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    what the f**k???????
    Under Zazen, you cut your base offensive abilities (all of them) by half, but gain capped -nanocost% and doubled healing.

Assuming a base Martial Arts of 1292, half of that is 646... a buffed MA will have somewhere on the order of 2600 Martial Arts, so that'll reduce them to 1954 MA.

Oh, nice we can probably still perk docs! can you Zazen it up for a few sec then swap back to normal stance or does it have some long ass coldown?

That is the question indeed.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Under Zazen, you cut your base offensive abilities (all of them) by half, but gain capped -nanocost% and doubled healing.

Assuming a base Martial Arts of 1292, half of that is 646... a buffed MA will have somewhere on the order of 2600 Martial Arts, so that'll reduce them to 1954 MA.
    Oh sweet, and here i thought MA's would finally get sth good and decent
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Well... at least if anything, we'll become uber pvmers :/

Keep in mind this isn't final in any case. Changes will in all likelihood be made as per your and our (Professionals') opinions and input.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Oh sweet, and here i thought MA's would finally get sth good and decent
    So you wanted double healing and additional evades at meager cost to offense?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Though you've gotta acknowledge that, if it's really half less offense in return, say -650 AR, that means Enforcers/some Soldiers against which we could use that stance would be unperkable (since Zazen doesn't provide Evades, we will most likely not use an offensive setup against them, more like a defensive one, as usual). But hey, numbers aren't set yet so. . .
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast