Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Martial Artist Nano Changes

Funcom employee New Martial Artist Nano Changes

As noted in this week's Friday with Means, we have released a first-run draft of the proposed Martial Artist nano changes incoming with the Rebalancing. A couple of important things to note:

Martial Artists will be receiving a new ability called "Zazen", exclusive to the MA profession. This ability will work as a 'defensive stance' for the profession, reducing damage and increasing defense while also bolstering their healing capabilities in the form of additional %healmod *and* additional benefits to their heals while in this mode.

This thread is for general discussion regarding this document (which can be found in both the FwM thread and in the "Balance Documentation" thread stickied to the top of this forum). I cannot promise a lot of discussion and direct feedback from the developers at this time, but we will answer some questions if able.

Otherwise, dig in and enjoy. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

they already got enough healing and defence ffs
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Nanoryl 220/19 NT NEW NAME (Nanobots)

Unisolder 126/15 sold

ThaBeast 220/xx/xx inc pvp beast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoryl View Post
    they already got enough healing and defence ffs

which program do i even use to open this, i tried everything -.-

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    Excel worked.

Funcom employee

Excel documents are native to Microsoft Word. However, free alternatives such as Open Office.org are able to open Excel files as well. Barring that, Google Docs will also allow you to upload Excel files and read them on the web.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    yea i clicked link it pulled it and opend right into exel
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

i dont have excel, a shame really, and that thing isnt free :P

But open office or google docs are, so no excuse
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Okay well some comments,

-Return attack nano still has a large NCU req on it...

-Matrix of Ka nanocost is wayyy to high (seriously it's insane nanocost wth...)

-More brawl buffs would be nice

-Velocity still buffs only 70 run speed? We're melee we need to run fast :/

-Fists of the Winter Flame should return to a 0.5s recharge instead of the 1s recharge

-Stutter Step well increased duration is nice but um still suffers from the same problem which is not stacking with the other buffs, the fixer's SL evade nano stacks with their evade buff...

- A parry buff would be nice.

I don't understand what the changed nemesis nano does, explanation please? Some sort of fear proc and dmg debuff proc?

Funcom employee

Nemesis nano does this: When cast on a target, that target will receive additional damage each time the Martial Artist strikes them. If that target has pets, then the target's pets also become feared for a short amount of time.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

4 hour MoP = OSB lub for all DD profs

I agree with everything Weltall has stated.
    We could use an improved version of Dirty Fighter, not something insane no, just something a bit better. I'm glad you offered more AR to all the MAs tempted to go Ranged, whether they feel like being permanently Ranged or not, doesn't matter much, appreciated. Velocity could indeed be a bit more powerful as well, considering it doesn't add a lot of RS in the end, especially for a Melee Profession.

I'm not going to ask for everything, that is not my goal, though it would be little boosts, not drastic but reasonable ones that would help a lot. SS/UG (Unstable Grace) or RI/UG should stack, but I know whom to ask about that now. Waiting for an answer so I shan't make any premature assumptions about the subject.

Everything else can be read in the "Dojo" (I'm talking to all the curious MAs).
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Oh yeah lol MoP (and other prof's osb's) shouldn't be 4 hour duration, reduce it back to original duration imo

how about no!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I've reviewed the changes, and the biggest and most prominent changes that I've seen will ensure that the MA profession is much easier to play.

Clearly, 4hr buffs are well recieved.

I can see that some people are a bit fussy over the changes to healing. I can see that this may be confusing at first, but, I am sure, on closer inspection, that the healing changes are good.

While heals make up 90% of my casts, I've never run out of nano in a head to head fight; but it seems that we should be casting more damage buffs in PVP and less heals, especially given that the heals provide a hot as well.

The hot is an interesting aspect, but I'm not sure of it's use.

Hots generally are well suited to recovering moderate quantities of HP while under the influence of a greater primary defence. I can see how this may be a better setup for MA's once changes to parry, for example come through.

The defensive stance is an excellent addition.

I could see alternatly an offensive stance coming in upcoming patches, which would possibly offer someting like AAO in the short term damage buffs:

if target running offensive stance then 80 AAO (and dmg), otherwise just dmg

type of thing.

I am on the fence over the brawl buff. I am glad it's 4 hours. I'm not sure if we need a bigger one though. As long as we are hitting the top tier for damage and brawl stun, imo, we are doing fine. The only thing that I think would be handy is for (a future) offensive stance to offer a higher stun % if activated.

Return Attack def needs a lower NCU cost. 16 or 12 seems reasonable.

I agree that MA's should have a parry buff. The return attack buff could become ripost+parry+small evade modifier, to be more in line with our general toolset.

I'm happy about the debuffs on RK damage buffs, imo, they really didn't serve much purpose (although, in a way they acted as a mini off/def stance, except with nano inhibitiions resulting in no nano heals )

Changes to bow AR buffs were well needed.

I'm not convinced that a 158-(140+12+6)=0 change in buffable AR is that good, in fact, I'm kind of dissapointed, but, we may becoming a far stronger defensive entity. no problem.

Changes to form of tessai are good.
    changes to the aegis of stone/ % increase evade close is also good.

If fixers buffs stack, why don't ours? I'm not saying we particularly need more evades, but, just for principle.

Our nemesis nano, imo, as with all nemesis nanos, possibly should be extended to all profs.

IE, make any nemesis nano castable on any prof.

Primary question: What is the more exact drawback of the defensive stance? -dmg, -crit, -aao or all of the above?

Secondary question: Does anyone have insight on whether the new taunt values mean they will be effective enough to use? Eternal Enmity has been upgraded from 1767 taunt to 5301. Is it enough?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Oh that's definitely an improvement, and probably makes the taunt somewhat worth casting if you were ever single target tanking or needed to grab an add off the doc.

Excel documents are native to Microsoft Word. However, free alternatives such as Open Office.org are able to open Excel files as well. Barring that, Google Docs will also allow you to upload Excel files and read them on the web.
    Also, Microsoft Excel Viewer. MS provide free viewers for all the office suite software afaik.

X

Perhaps there could be an extra collumn if the nano will be FPable for Agents? (in respect to the req of the possible new FP's comming of course).
    EDIT Found the explanation = V.P. is the visual proffession. (posted in the MA section)

These new Heal's contain a HoT aswell. Casttime, cooldown (always 2s?) and lock-out (always 8s?).
    Will nanoinit still work the same. (reducing the casttime of the nano?)
    Will nanoinit have influence on cooldown and lockout?
    Will a cooldown and lockout count for the complete line or will you be able to stack the heals (which means the cooldown and lockout would be nano specific even with in the nanoline)?

great document. Thank you
    Last edited by Aimzor; Jul 17th, 2010 at 11:52:51.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Funcom employee

As Aimzor said I posted this over in the MA forums, but it bears repeating so I'll just quote myself and repost it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Just to quell the speculation, the V.P. actually stands for Visual Profession. We accidentally left that column in, and should have removed it as it is purely placeholder. It's easier to format the document with the field already there (plus it helps in tracking the old nanos), but none of the Visual Profession information in the Sheet 2 "pink field" changed nanos is neccessicarly "correct" in any way, shape, or form.

I wanna repeat that, 'cause I know people are gonna end up reading this: It is *purely* placeholder and does not in any fashion represent what will be FPable by Agents in the future. Like, not in the slightest. Most of the entries there are the results of rampant copy/pasting in the document while making alterations. ;P So seriously - As of now, the V.P. column really represents nothing.

We'll let you guys know when it does. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast