Thread: Making NoDrop-items tradeable between characters on same account

Making NoDrop-items tradeable between characters on same account

I was looking at a thread about making a certain item that is Nodrop tradeable between characters on same accounts and was thinking that with the mail system implemented and with all the old loot (Azure comes to mind) sitting in the different banks around Rubi-Ka, how about making Nodrop items tradeable to alts?

I would love having some of my old gear on my alts and on first glance it would not affect the economy aything as you would be selling it to yourself if so.

Things like Tarabots and similar would probably only make you go with that one character as you only need points on one character, but.. that is not really something FC should worry about. Maybe less people on raids as you only need 1 boc perhaps?

I look at it somewhat like the Heirlooms Blizzard introduced in World of Warcraft. I did not think long and hard about this, but any feedback would be good. I am interested in reasons not to do this.
    Nostalgisk: Solitus Trader, Pandemonium
    Padded: Solitus Doctor, Inferno
    Fiwel: Solitus Adventurer, Inferno
    Alphawave: Atrox Soldier, Adonis
    Bonita: Solitus Fixer, Scheol
    Dynamisk: Solitus Bureaucrat, Nascense

Storm

Other than the fact that this would wreck FC's entire revenue model for the game once and for all, I can't think of any good reason not to do it.

well maybe not make all nodrop tradeble (between alts) but change nodrop-tags on some items into "notrade" and let them move between alts in a common bank.
    acces to this bank should be granted to all chars under all merged accounts of course.
    so boc could remain nodrop and old stuff or stuff you "accidentally" stumble upon with another char could be moved to alts.

I don't support this, because then every level 1 would have a pure novictum ring starting out, not to mention countless other items that would have to be changed.
    Additionally I think it violates the spirit of creating a new character. Starting a new character used to be like starting an entirely new life. We've gotten used to it these days because its just the way things go, but personally I think it would be a better system if there were a game with many servers, and you only got one character per server- so basically no interaction between them, and you progress based on that character's own progress.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

whats the word i'm looking for again.. No
    this would compleatly inbalance the game. 1 10+ ring would be abused hugely for those that can get it. 2 totw stuff would be abused greatly. 3 trading other nodrop twinking items would again be abused to much.

Imagine the EPIC ninja looting that would go on when ur 220 main could loot ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, regardless of reqs or prof locks, and know they could use it sooner or later to make some lowbie alt instantly ubar. Yeah, I'm having a real problem seeing how this would not improve the game immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Other than the fact that this would wreck FC's entire revenue model for the game once and for all, I can't think of any good reason not to do it.
    Probably the best reason so far. It would affect alot of the time sinks that makes people play the game. I still find it interesting, though this alone is a good reason not to do it. Well, for FC at least. The effect it would have palyers by making the game "too easy" is unknown. Might make people quit the game. And I suppose this system would make it harder on new people. And Ebaying might be a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Imagine the EPIC ninja looting that would go on when ur 220 main could loot ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, regardless of reqs or prof locks, and know they could use it sooner or later to make some lowbie alt instantly ubar. Yeah, I'm having a real problem seeing how this would not improve the game immensely.
    I don't see this as a problem. If a person would fall to ninjalooting for any reason better to expose them quickly and get on with it. Not like they will be let into any raids any longer. Yea, does suck when it happens, but good riddance the quicker the better. They are likely to be dicks in other aspects as well. All this is just my opnion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightingfist View Post
    whats the word i'm looking for again.. No
    this would compleatly inbalance the game. 1 10+ ring would be abused hugely for those that can get it. 2 totw stuff would be abused greatly. 3 trading other nodrop twinking items would again be abused to much.
    No imbalance in this. It's open for everyone. Or were you thinking of that new guy who started his first lvl 1 char a week ago? Yeah.. I forgot about him. Such a nice chap that guy as well.

How would it be ABUSED? If anyone can do it, it's not really abuse. Unless you see twinking in itself abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I don't support this, because then every level 1 would have a pure novictum ring starting out, not to mention countless other items that would have to be changed.
    Additionally I think it violates the spirit of creating a new character. Starting a new character used to be like starting an entirely new life. We've gotten used to it these days because its just the way things go, but personally I think it would be a better system if there were a game with many servers, and you only got one character per server- so basically no interaction between them, and you progress based on that character's own progress.
    What you are looking for is a new game it seems to me, but.. that can be said about me as well
    Nostalgisk: Solitus Trader, Pandemonium
    Padded: Solitus Doctor, Inferno
    Fiwel: Solitus Adventurer, Inferno
    Alphawave: Atrox Soldier, Adonis
    Bonita: Solitus Fixer, Scheol
    Dynamisk: Solitus Bureaucrat, Nascense

Storm

if you can get your lvl1 toon to inferno dungeon, then its fine to have +10 ring..

i had small troubles to get my lowbie there and i dont want you to have it any easier :P

/vote no
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!