Thread: my thoughts on ao

my thoughts on ao

i know funcom has been bashed by the whole community( hell i admit i even did some bashing myself). but the truth of the matter is that ao is indeed a great game. it made me cancel my subscritption to eq. even though everyone is complaining(yes even i) about how certain stuff dont work, bugs, gms, etc. the thing is AO really had things going. it seems to me though that this game would have been an mmorpg killer if even half of the original ideas had been implemented and all the bugs fixed. Instead we receive these "patches". Dont get me wrong...i love ao, its just frustrates me tha this could have been so much more. Im sure it would have done a lot better if they had more resources (since funcom is a small company). To all those who complain that fc doesnt listen...it is becuz they listen that tehy decided to nerf certain items...you guys have a bad habit of saying "give us uber items because we are too gimped" only for the other professionso say "nerf those items becuz they are too uber". these are just my thoughts..since i was bored and had nothing else to do right now so i decided to post them.

yes, AO is truely a great game, much better than all the other games out there. for now.

already i have seen a disturbing trend though, this game is rapidly becoming exactly like the rest of the games out there

for example, when i started playing last year, any proffesion of any breed and level could do what they needed to do in order to use any and every item or buff in the game they wanted.

this is not the case any more. now we have level requirements on nano's and armor, breed specific items and armor, proffesion specific items/weapons and nano's.

pretty soon, we are taking yet another step in the wrong direction by making crit buffs and crit enhancing items usuable for only certain types of dmg dealers. no, these things won't be proffesion/lvl/breed specific but will affect you based on the way you choose to play your character.

well, nuff said for now, time to take deep breath and relax for a bit. getting myself a little steamed up again heh

I started AO waay back in beta and it was an astounding game. Pretty graphics, loads of gear that EVERYONE could use. Evenly matched professions (all but fixer poor buggers got crap). And it was truly enthralling. I can remember the patch it all started going downhill.............

The day was October 31st 2001, All seemed right on the planet of rubi-ka....then THE PUMPKINHEADS ATTACKED WAAA!!!! And with that mighty stuffed bear you had access to the wonders of The steps of madness..... Filled with Uber loot and goodies galore! But ho! Some of these have silly Reqs like "Enforcer only"! And so began the wretchedness that was spawncamping for items..... Shortly thereafter..... The ARMOR BOOTH NERFS!!!! WAAA!!!! Can't buy ANY of that oh so good armor in the stores like Biomech and Nano.....Mooore spawncamping......... (we wont go into the mass of nerfs that whacked the crap out of engineers and made metas "Uber" to some and fixers still got no love)

Yep basically it all started with spawn camping. They introduced "X only" gear and made life hell for all cross class skill users (like me who had an Eng using AR)
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts