Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TL 5 MA's Casting FFoK/UVC

TL 5 MA's Casting FFoK/UVC

Many MA's ask me how to self Cast FFoK/UVC at TL 5 (specifically at lvl 162). Well, decdied to make a thread and insert it into my Signiture for you all to take a peak.

Implant Setup (nanoskills only)

Head: Shining - Psych Mod
    Faded - Sense

Eye: Bright - Sense Imp
    Faded - Time & Space

Ear: Faded - Intel

Chest: Bright - Bio Met
    Faded - Sense Imp

Right Hand: Bright - Time & Space

This setup allows for the normal 105 points in TS/SI/PM but also an extra 7 nano points for the Faded intel Imp.

Items that add to nanoskills:

Armor:
    Nelebs: +8 (obvious choice)
    Sekutek armor ql 135+: (each piece adds 4 to intel, and 1 to nanoskills for a total of 7 for a full suit)
    Augmented OT rings: up to +10 in PM for a ql 200

Misc Items:
    VT Eggs: adds +3 to all nanoskills each
    NCU Robot Reeds: Go in ncu slots add 6-9 to SI (I used 2x +6's at lvl 162)
    Adapted Notum Crystals: TS and SI. Range from +2 to +12 in their respective nanoskills. I like the ql 100 +6 ones as they give a decent mod for a reasonable amount of IP in Melee Energy

This is the full extent of what I used, as an Opifex MA to self cast FFoK/UVC at lvl 162.

Other options:
    OET Co Jess: add 20 to intel. +10 to nanskills if you duel wield (IP expensive)
    Gaily Painted Hood: +9 to all nanoskills, nearly impossible to get.
    3rd Eye of Daria: +25-35 (usually) to SI. Somewhat rare, get a team and find out Daria's Spawn cycle.
    Dillon Armor: better than sekutek, usually adds 6 to intel, but hard to find.
    Nova Dillon Helmet: ads 3 to intel and up to 8 to SI, very useful.
    Leveling to 190+: My least favorite =P

I hope this helps some of you, any questions feel free to ask me anytime I am online. -LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Check here for help on How to Self Cast FFoK/UVC Pre 190

Freshman Ian "FrostGigas" Warr - lvl 167 Blade Trox

The Shark Ethic: Eat the Wounded, Kill the Gimped

Post robot reed Q

i heard that the ncu robot reeds are not dropping any longer, can anyone verify this?

also as a side note, i recently got a gaily painted hood on test, and i love it so much has 2-300 less ac than my other options for head armor, but the nano skill/pool/cost bonuses are amazing. it's pretty nice to be able to self cast all the buffs i use w/out swiching out any items or even casting expertises/boosts, and all on 1 bar of nano! can you tell how lazy i am?

Yes, as far as I know they do not drop anymore. the +6 reeds are fairly cheep, I bought 2 for 3mil each (may have gone up since then) -LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Hehe was gonna insert a link to an old post we made some time ago... Think they have cleaned the db... cos it's not there anymore ...

Well what LS says is about all the possibillities

I went for the Oet Co jess x 2 + 2 x Vt eggs + Nelebs + Dillon helmet + ot ring option; With shining psy mod and bright + faded ts and si. at 161 you can do both ffok and uvc with this setup, whilst at 161 with the daria's eye and melee crystal and all the stuff setup, you might not be able to do uvc immediately.

lmao guys
    lvl 190 i can self Kali thanks to Eye of Daria, but impossible to self UVC yet though i have exactly the same implants that you descreibed LS :/

biggest reason => i just CANT find any Sekutek/Nova Dillion :/

but GRATZZZZZZZZZZZZ to the both of you Body and LS
    The "Lanfeust23" Bride MA 220/20 -eqp-
    Gothys "Lanfy" Clone Adv 208/8
    Saeba "Triiad" Ryo Sold 200
    Yoshihiro "Leoliosan" Togashi Doc 200

Members of Tranquility

CAVAMEULER !!

Good stuff LS. I went the OET Jess route myself.

Couple notes:

194 Turqoise suit is the same as nelebs, purchasable, but hard to find...hehe. Getting it on with pillows/sekutek/dillon armor/so8 chest is pretty easy.

Clan Commander rings are a nice bonus to intel.

Dillon (not nova dillon) armor seems to only exist in Boots and Gloves (that I've ever seen), and only in mid-low QLs (140ish tops), so it doesn't get found often. I found my gloves way back while helping an adv guildy get his boss nanos when they were new.

Anyhow, it's doable, and the OET pistols aren't all that IP expensive if:
    1) You are going bow anyway, and use a scope, thus have the AS req.
    2) Can sacrifice a bit in the implant dept. for pistol cluster(s)...can't remember which of mine are in, but I think I have 1 of em.

Also, if you go the pistol route, there's the M203 druid option (+20 SI) which I 'think' you could DW with another pistol which adds PM, but I can't remember off the top of my head, hehe. Lot of IP spent that way though.

Condaan

PS. Until I get one of the rings, I can't actually cast FFK, hehe, but I'm one point away in PM =).

my experience

I self-casted 4fists at lvl 159 with daria's eye. OT rings, nelabs, one egg and implants. I expect to make UVC at 162, earlier if I could get a second egg and more of that nasty plasteel. I will probally use a ql 180ish crsytal for the TS. Its not that hard really...of course I had the fortune to get an eye a while back before every MA over lvl 125 wanted one. Good luck everyone
    Fidel "Relcan" Rhees - Martial Artist RK2
    Member of Inner Circle

Originally posted by Condaan
    Dillon (not nova dillon) armor seems to only exist in Boots and Gloves (that I've ever seen), and only in mid-low QLs (140ish tops), so it doesn't get found often. I found my gloves way back while helping an adv guildy get his boss nanos when they were new.

Condaan

PS. Until I get one of the rings, I can't actually cast FFK, hehe, but I'm one point away in PM =).
    I have Dillon boost/gloves/sleevex1/pants. They each add at leas 6 to intel. have not seen chest or helm though. I am also glad to see positive feedback from everyone. If this thread dies, there will always be a link to my main post in my sig for anyone to look at -LS
    Last edited by FrostGigas/LS; Oct 9th, 2002 at 21:39:46.

Originally posted by LanFeusT

biggest reason => i just CANT find any Sekutek/Nova Dillion :/

but GRATZZZZZZZZZZZZ to the both of you Body and LS

TY for one, and I have a spare sekutek suit. /send me a tell - LS

ack no nelebs.. Turquose suit...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

hehe, I just got myself together and bough 3x soul frags today and are now able to do 4 Fists with:
    VT Egg
    Turq MA Suit
    2x QL1 Old English Trading Co. (gives +5 int each)
    Set of Sekutek except Helm and boots (+4 int each)
    Dillon Boots (+5 int)
    Nova Dillon Helmet (+3 int)

just need those low QL Notum Crystals... need 8pt more in T&S for UVC.

/me is a happy MA now
    Azton - 201 Martial Artist, Member of Ragnarök
    Meltim - Inactive Agent

Originally posted by Aggregate
    Here's a link to another thread regarding this:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=40241
    Lol that was the one I wanted to insert

Originally posted by Condaan
    Good stuff LS. I went the OET Jess route myself.

Anyhow, it's doable, and the OET pistols aren't all that IP expensive if:
    1) You are going bow anyway, and use a scope, thus have the AS req.
    2) Can sacrifice a bit in the implant dept. for pistol cluster(s)...can't remember which of mine are in, but I think I have 1 of em.

Also, if you go the pistol route, there's the M203 druid option (+20 SI) which I 'think' you could DW with another pistol which adds PM, but I can't remember off the top of my head, hehe. Lot of IP spent that way though.

Condaan

Hehe I know which cluster you mean =) flingshot ... don't need pistol implanted ... Could do it the pistol way at 162 ... Zenpunch surpassed me in that method by doing it at 161 even ... but hey ... he had his path lain out for him so I'd expected him to do better then me

The multi ranged on the druid + oet co jess or any other pistol is just too high ... waste of p is what you're getting at then

Anyway ... sounds good all

Originally posted by Azton
    hehe, I just got myself together and bough 3x soul frags today and are now able to do 4 Fists with:
    VT Egg
    Turq MA Suit
    2x QL1 Old English Trading Co. (gives +5 int each)
    Set of Sekutek except Helm and boots (+4 int each)
    Dillon Boots (+5 int)
    Nova Dillon Helmet (+3 int)

just need those low QL Notum Crystals... need 8pt more in T&S for UVC.

/me is a happy MA now
    Flaw detected? Can you do uvc without those two pistols and with the crystal only?

If so .. no flaw detected

using skill emu ive determined its possible to cast uvc/ffok with another configuration.

head:
    shining sense imp
    faded sense

eye
    bright psy mod
    faded ts

chest
    faded sense imp

ear
    faded psy mod

right hand
    bright ts

leg
    shining agil

with expertise buffs and general ability boosts this bring you to the following
    785 sense imp
    748 TS
    746 psy mod

add two virral eggs
    791 sense imp
    754 TS
    752 psy mod

add neleb coat/turq suit(ql 188+)
    799 sense imp
    762 TS
    760 psy mod

add 2x augmented OT rings
    799 sense imp
    762 TS
    778 psy mod

at this point you need either a 4+ psy mod crystal for ffok, or two time space crystals(1 ql 200 and 1 that adds 3+) for uvc. Personally i feel this option involves the least amount of equipment swapping, and needs the least amount of equipment. Although it is rather pricey(2 eggs= aprox 150 mil). If you want to go further, and use the dillon/sekutek armor, this means you might even be able to cast ffok/uvc by 160. If you get a gay hood, by 158.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Oct 10th, 2002 at 20:37:12.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Originally posted by Bodysnatch

Flaw detected? Can you do uvc without those two pistols and with the crystal only?

If so .. no flaw detected
    hehe, I need to get that crystal before I can answer but with one crystal and a pistol I think it can be done... if you can dual a crystal and a pistol that is, hmm.. hope it works
    Azton - 201 Martial Artist, Member of Ragnarök
    Meltim - Inactive Agent

weeeeeeeeeeeee

thx to LS for the Sekutek suit
    i can now self UVC/Kali with these at 190 :

full set Sekutek 130+ (not helmet)
    Expertise PM TS SI
    Int boost
    Nova Dillion helmet ql134
    2 OT Augmented OT Ring (1 ql 200 and 1 170)
    Notum Adapted Crystal - E=MC^2 II ql 54
    Notum Adapted Crystal - Sensitivity II ql 54
    and MA Suit Turquoise 200

phew tahts it ^^
    i could self Kali before but with eye of daria now dont need it anymore and could UVC now can both
    Last edited by LanFeusT; Oct 10th, 2002 at 22:06:34.

Members of Tranquility

CAVAMEULER !!

Thumbs down

just a note, you can't dual wield crystals, they are left hand only, and you can't dual wield a melee weapon and a missile weapon, for a brief patch or two a few months back you could dual a melee weapon and a missile weapon. Hehe my mp is still wielding a pillow and a Jess O.E.T .
    Fidel "Relcan" Rhees - Martial Artist RK2
    Member of Inner Circle

erf i dont have that problem atm, i 1st use the TS crystal to cast UVC then switch to SI for Kali, but anyway in 1 lvl (191) those 2 crystal wont be of any use normally

Members of Tranquility

CAVAMEULER !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast