Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove all nemesis nanos

Remove all nemesis nanos

So i hate the point the obvious again. but the whole point of nemesis nanos is to completely f over the profession it's suppose to land on. Why do we need this ingame? Just remove them, since it makes the game way more rock paper scissors than anyhthing else.

If you want to balance a game with these nanos just because the past GD highly advertised these crappy ideas as an great addition to pvp (aka a major selling point in LE), the odds are slim to none.

Look at the shade's nemesis nano on keepers? How do u plan on balancing that ever? case and point.
    Last edited by Anarchic1; May 10th, 2010 at 13:32:34.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Got to admit that some of them don't even make sense. At all. Let's face it, some of these Nanos aren't worth the very few VPs they cost, it's simply awful.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I don't see anything RPS about those nanos at all. if you're worried about rock/paper/scissors, remove procs, not something that a player has control over
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I don't see anything RPS about those nanos at all. if you're worried about rock/paper/scissors, remove procs, something that a player will have control over
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Less RPS, more RPSLS
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I don't see anything RPS about those nanos at all. if you're worried about rock/paper/scissors, remove procs, not something that a player has control over
    Enfo's hitting ma's with slowdown isnt RPS?

/bump for removal

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Enfo's hitting ma's with slowdown isnt RPS?

/bump for removal
    no, it's actually not.

it may be lame, but it's not RPS.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

no, it's actually not.

it may be lame, but it's not RPS.

Sorry but your going to have to explain that one to me. One class utterly countering another class sounds pretty RPS to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Less RPS, more RPSLS
    Bazinga!
    Because Race Yalm

Please edit the title of your thread by replacing the word "nanos" with "tools".

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    Please edit the title of your thread by replacing the word "nanos" with "tools".
    Yeah whatever. RI, slowdown, defeat righteousness etc are all retarded nanos

This hasn't been suggested before! Good thinking!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

it's obvious to anyone that some of the nemesis nanos need adjusting, but there are some that work under par (misdiagnoses), and some that have become a necessary and balanced part of a toolset (restrain enthusiasm). making a blanket statement saying they all need to be removed because the entire line falls into the RPS area is wrong. there's nothing finite about the outcome of a fight with the use of the majority of these. I think if I wanted something like this changed I'd work on changing the parts that are broken instead of an entire concept.
    T O O N Z:

there's nothing finite about the outcome of a fight with the use of the majority of these.
    That's incorrect. The majority of these will just end the combat.

What Ocene said. Or they'll at the very least lead the whole fight to a very soon loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    What Ocene said. Or they'll at the very least lead the whole fight to a very soon loss.
    you say that because you play MA and slowdown hurts you. A lot of nemesis nanos are harmless.
    What's my nemesis nano again? A nanoskill debuff on engies *cough cough*
    Last edited by Szyylin; May 12th, 2010 at 05:20:42.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

I was tempted to make a post about how unbalanced the nemesis nanos are. But I didn't feel like it, too bad, you coulda witnessed that I don't consider all of them as being major threats. And tbh, even Slowdown barely is one. Mine's a nanoskill debuff on MPs ...

But, even one or two Nanos that can lead the target affected by the debuff to a certain death shouldn't exist, especially when we know that most of the rest of these nanos are close to useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    So i hate the point the obvious again. but the whole point of nemesis nanos is to completely f over the profession it's suppose to land on.
    At least half of the nemesis nanos range from completely to mostly useless, so its not quite fair to say that is their purpose. It seems more like FC wanted to buff certain professions and gave useless nanos to everyone else to minimize QQing.
    President of ShadowMercs

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    you say that because you play MA and slowdown hurts you. A lot of nemesis nanos are harmless.
    What's my nemesis nano again? A nanoskill debuff on engies *cough cough*
    So because something can be devistating to somone else but dosnet hurt you all that much its instantly ok? Yea this game will get really well balanced looking at it that way.

I don't think he said anything was "ok", his point's the same as mine, and possibly the same as Ange's; a few of them are messed up and certainly need work, but most are reasonable to worthless.
    T O O N Z:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast