Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

Funcom employee

As noted in the patch notes thread, we're aware of there currently being issues with the new mechanic used to resolve the daily missions to the 18-hour timer. Please read this week's Friday with Means for more information: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=576283
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

how an average lvl 53 toon can solo this daily mish in foremans with the objective to Kill 3 Toxic Floaters, Kill 3 Toxic Bloaters, Kill 3 Heavy Cargo Haul Bots, Kill 3 Neutralizers, Kill 3 Alpha Bio Constructs, Kill 3 Shadow Mutants, Kill 3 Chemical Vindicators, Kill 3 Beta Bio Constructs, Kill 3 Bodyguards?

:/

that´s just overkill for the level...
    Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere.

sometimes the missions we pick up are that of difficulty for a lower level in the range of that mission, however for the majority of the area's when it comes to that, if ur in range of someone else that gets xp for that area you can use them for help to complete said mission, I know this isnt always the case for everyone but that is a way to complete a mission
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As noted in the patch notes thread, we're aware of there currently being issues with the new mechanic used to resolve the daily missions to the 18-hour timer. Please read this week's Friday with Means for more information: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=576283
    Yeah, i have read it. Just wanted to give a hint with a possible daily mission bug.

Can you comment on the graphic problem in OA Freelancer office, please?
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][I]Crypt of Home: Eclipsers
    Description:
    Crypt of Home: Eclipsers

How is this mission going to be soloable for an 80-90 character?

At the very least, is the requirement for multiple people needed to use the levers to open the door going to be removed for daily mission users? Maybe provide a key for the daily mission & leave it as is for everyone else.
    Might just be a bug, or extremely lucky timing, but all 3 times my alts have received this mish, they were able to run straight through that door, as if it wasn't there, and I didn't see anyone nearby or on the minimap that might have used the lever recently. As for actually killing all the required mobs without being ganked by the nearby adds...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    Might just be a bug, or extremely lucky timing, but all 3 times my alts have received this mish, they were able to run straight through that door, as if it wasn't there, and I didn't see anyone nearby or on the minimap that might have used the lever recently. As for actually killing all the required mobs without being ganked by the nearby adds...not so much.
    I reported a bug like that, along with some really screwed up loot tables (ie Kizzers dropping pit demon heart, I has screenshots to prove it ) awhile ago. I was able to walk through all the doors that would normally need switches to operate.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    along with some really screwed up loot tables (ie Kizzers dropping pit demon heart, I has screenshots to prove it ) awhile ago.
    Oh yes, I noticed this too when I was farming cloak parts. First pit demon dropped three hearts, another dropped cloak of the revoked, I got at least one heart from a kizzer, and I think a cenobite or something had a necromancer cloak. Cerubin dropped two focus-funneling devices and I think two circlets as well. Not that I mind the droprates of certain items being increased, but some of this is a bit extreme

Funcom employee

We increased the drop rates/chances of those parts when we introduced the new Reanimated cloaks back in 17.9 - We figured more people would now be going after the original cloak parts, so better to increase the drop rate chances than risk a bottleneck from everyone and their mother trying to farm the parts.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Seen that for some time, it's like the door just gets stuck open.

This is not really a bug as an oversight and the last time I got it was 18.3.5 so I don't know if it was changed in 18.3.6 or not.

There's a daily mission to Cyborg Barracks where you're to use an item on a borg at the end to get it's health, nano and such info. You seem to get it for the first 25 or so lvls (kind of a long run for that low a lvl) and they give you a cyborg disguise so you don't get agg from the borgs.

The main problem was the device you're to use requires some 60 perception to use it. At that lvl you're not likely to have that much without IPing it, an imp with it, a perception buff or something like that. It should really be lower to have no perception requirement at all. Especially if they think you're so weak at that lvl that they need to keep you from being attacked by those mobs with a disguise.

We increased the drop rates/chances of those parts when we introduced the new Reanimated cloaks back in 17.9 - We figured more people would now be going after the original cloak parts, so better to increase the drop rate chances than risk a bottleneck from everyone and their mother trying to farm the parts.
    If that is the case, why not remove the unique identifier?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I think you have been either lucky or bugged.

I have gotten the CoH 3 times on 3 different toons. NONE can go past that door.

They need to make the agent SAY you need two people to do the quest, fix that door to let the DMs through (and thier pets) or remove this DM altogether.

It's very annoying to be able to complete the first objective on the list, but can't do jack cause of a locked door that won't let you though unless you have a buddy, or some other group plows through.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

One Foggy Hill

Save the sprouts. Kill 3 Dark Enigmas.

Have had this mission now 4-5 times now on different toons, just now on a 113 mp. I kill off all the dark enigmas with the help from the sprout, the sprout lives until the end but mission is never updated. Have to come back and do it a second time to actually get the mission to finish and with spawntimer and others doing quest when I'm off doing other stuff it can turn into quite a long mission...
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    --Albert Einstein

Hmm... camping?!?

Phikks - Fixer
    Grandalph - MP
    Qhite - MA

Well that makes sense, some at least. But does it explain the removal of loot at the same time? Things like the Alpha Skincrawler (the only monster in game, besides Collector now maybe, to drop Proliferation Units) only dropping the hearts; while fine and dandy to get more hearts, ruins other things.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1275969435

[/thread hijack]
    Last edited by Ayria; Jun 8th, 2010 at 05:02:12.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Qhite View Post
    One Foggy Hill

Save the sprouts. Kill 3 Dark Enigmas.

Have had this mission now 4-5 times now on different toons, just now on a 113 mp. I kill off all the dark enigmas with the help from the sprout, the sprout lives until the end but mission is never updated. Have to come back and do it a second time to actually get the mission to finish and with spawntimer and others doing quest when I'm off doing other stuff it can turn into quite a long mission...
    You have to win Loot rights on each kill, If the sprout gets the last hit in then you lose kill rights. Attack what it isn't

Not sure if it's mentioned before - and not really a bug, but annoing for new neutrals as we ca'nt revert faction back in case of mistakes.

Last week I've seen 2 ppl accidentaly press a form in a daily mission - going factioned without intending to...

Yes, I know - read the text But theres alot of text in AO for a new player, and seems you can get these mishes at low level...

Either add a confirmation box for factionchanges - not like ppl do them every 10 min - or give an back to neutral form.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Oh, and btw: The mission building in OA gives me a horrible performance graphic wise. FPS show 20.0 which is common indoors, but turing around feels more like around 5 FPS. This happens ONLY when a door/doorway is being shown on screen. When i am inside an office, staring at the wall with the door in my back, everything is as expected.
    This is an issue with all the new doors, it's a pain to move around when you have one of those doors in sight. Can't we just have the old doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Onkelolsen View Post
    Either add a confirmation box for factionchanges - not like ppl do them every 10 min - or give an back to neutral form.
    From a roleplaying perspective, why do we have clan & omni faction change forms, but not have a neutral faction change form.

In real life, someone can go from being a part of their nation's military to developing a conscientious objection.

How is deciding to go neutral any different than becoming a conscientious objector in real life, or changing from clan/omni to omni/clan in game?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

agree tazalanche - but let's not turn it in to a RP discussion

Ppl could read text - atleast for oldtimers - however new ppl met by walls of text and a complex gameplay ca'nt to same extent - theres alot of text in AO - some of it obviously written under influence of mushrooms - a simple misclick (on a daily mish) because youre new to game should not force you to reroll - just because youre new to game, and not on mushrooms

And we do need new ppl ?? right ??

And i love mushrooms !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuweB...eature=related
    Last edited by Onkelolsen; Jun 8th, 2010 at 22:36:41.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Had a contingent spy mission, killed all the mobs inside to get the cards, after using the filled hacker tool on the transmission thingy the hologram with the employee showed up and a box spawned in my inventory with a new empty hacker tool. My mission was to find a good hidding place (IE a place where a nano would be running). I didnt find any place inside the dungeon (and its small) where the nano would fire up. Also no new mobs spawned. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug somewhere?

Note: After 18.3.7 patch.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast