Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GTH recovery effect

GTH recovery effect

Hey, im probably going to cop alot of flak for this, but fair is fair.

The shortened duration on GTH was probably all that was needed for this nano (and the lockout ofc) im my opinion that was enough.

The whole "2% per sec for 21 secs" after it, is kinda taking away its usefulness, once the 15 secs is over they dont even need to nano themselves now. (sure it helps, but its not required, wait another 3 secs and you can get a heal off >.>)

I want to make it clear that i am NOT a trader, i dont have a trader of any level, in fact i pvp on my AGENT. so people thinking i have trader motives, stop now.

frankly the nano has gone from "Ohgawdno!!!" to "well thats annoying.... cya in 15 secs!!". only time i now find it to be overly damaging to me is when im getting zerged in which case i probably would die anyways.

To all those GTH haters, i sympathise, but GTH has been nerfed quite alot and the extra nano heal at the end, is a lil much
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Most doctors would like to have a word with your AS monkey butt. Just because its fine for one prof doesn't mean it still doesn't wreak others.

I actually thought it was pretty good. When I was fighting Strup earlier, it became obvious to me that a well timed GTH can be a perfect way to send people into "OH ****!!!!" mode.

It's no longer a spam and LOLOLOLOL nano, and that's fine imo. If you get creative with when and how you use it, it's a powerful addition to the toolset. Also, try and keep in mind that FC is trying to move away from single nanos defining the effectiveness of a toolset.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    The whole "2% per sec for 21 secs" after it, is kinda taking away its usefulness...
    It's only 2 % every 2 seconds, 10 ticks. Any decent trader will keep target's nanpool empty using YEEIYF, Plagiarize Notum, Accumulator proc. So from target's point of view new GTH is just as bad as the previous was. Still a win button.

wait, GTH gives you nano now ?
    twisted logic for the previous overkill i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ninst View Post
    It's only 2 % every 2 seconds, 10 ticks. Any decent trader will keep target's nanpool empty using YEEIYF, Plagiarize Notum, Accumulator proc. So from target's point of view new GTH is just as bad as the previous was. Still a win button.
    yup...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    wait, GTH gives you nano now ?
    twisted logic for the previous overkill i guess
    All other debuffs, when they run out, you get your skills back. This is no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    All other debuffs, when they run out, you get your skills back. This is no different.
    Except it does not restore my nano to the point it was before getting hit, so it's still worse than all other debuffs in that respect.
    Last night when I was briefly on BS, the trader that was there had no problems keeping my nano close to zero after GTH ended.

The way I see it.... If there's an opposing trader on BS, there's still no reason for me to be there. I logged an alt instead.

Nano drain ring doesn't give my nano back after, sneaking health drain doesn't give me my hp back after, dots don't restore my hp after.

Quote Originally Posted by ninst View Post
    Wonder if you ever realized that it takes 3 to 4 seconds to cast plagiarize notum full off when hit by ubt or ubt proc. And thats without guarantee that it lands either.

Interesting.

I dont get my hp back soon as you unequip your AS gun tho.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Interesting.

Interesting.

It's not like the professions being able to debuff ONLY have debuffs.... They are quite often capable of using above mentioned AS (among other damage dealing options) at the same time as they're using their debuffs...

By all normal definitions damage taken from weapons or otherwise are not considered as being debuffs.

Pfffff of course you do.
    That's what Decon is for!

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    Pfffff of course you do.
    That's what Decon is for!
    See? Why do people whine about GTH then? Just hit decon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Interesting.

It's not like the professions being able to debuff ONLY have debuffs.... They are quite often capable of using above mentioned AS (among other damage dealing options) at the same time as they're using their debuffs...

By all normal definitions damage taken from weapons or otherwise are not considered as being debuffs.

By your definition, i should be allowed to land all the attacks and nano skills I could not perform during ubt, directly after it ran out? Sounds cool to me.

Edit. I know, I seem quite annoying about any changes concerning the trader profession, but try to understand my point of view.

The trader's unique playstyle evolves around crippeling a target. and then wearing it down. Of vourse, the tools of the trader seem insanely powerful, but people
    ALWAYS ignore the fact, that NONE of these give us the omnidirectional defense versus other attacking foes. Of course, we can royally screw an NT or a doc. But not both at the same time.

Stop acting like you all would run up alone against a trader every time.

I am quite sure you all knew this already, but rather count on the devs believing your stories about completely OP traders wreaking havoc in BS and mass pvp killing everyone.
    Last edited by Shareida; May 9th, 2010 at 00:28:35.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

See? Why do people whine about GTH then? Just hit decon.
    So you would not mind Doc's getting a new UBT, that debuffed your weapon skills, weapon and nano inits and and evades for 3k?

Especially not because you would get them back slowly over time after being hit with it?

WTF? When I kill you, and I'm @ 30% hp, I don't get my hp back, even if I did kill you. Weird.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    WTF? When I kill you, and I'm @ 30% hp, I don't get my hp back, even if I did kill you. Weird.
    Traders don't even have to kill me to leave me like that..... Yet they can if they choose to

Traders don't even have to kill me to leave me like that..... Yet they can if they choose to
    Oh, you know why traders always attack docs and NT's first? Because these are the only targets we can kill in a timely manner before the BS round ends.
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by berinda View Post
    all other debuffs, when they run out, you get your skills back. This is no different.
    ri?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    ri?

Rac beats me to it.
    Shareidah - First Order

No offense, but your doc is not other docs.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast