Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent rebalance is far too complex

Agent rebalance is far too complex

What u have in minds for agents it's going to completely reinvent them. Sure it'll be interesting, but it looks like it'll take several coding hours and would require months of time to get it down and months afterwards to balance it. can't we have an easy fix in the mean time as a temporary perk that boost all inits by 4000 for around 30 seconds and a 2 min lock out
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

it looks like it'll take several coding hours
    Understatement of the Year Award.

X

Clearly, you understand that would be a band-aid fix only.

As long as that is very clear to everyone else, I have no problems with the idea. I do not, under any circumstances, want people to think this simple change will "fix" Agents, nor do I want them to bring it up when discussing the further REAL changes to Agents.

When rebalancing hits, this perk needs to simply go away.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

besides, with whats being said, its quite likely they are removing the nano init debuff from the FP line anyways. and also it seems like they are looking to move agents away from "nothing but doctor mimic" anyways, in which case agents might not be as nano init dependant, or should i say vulnerable to nano init debuffs
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    besides, with whats being said, its quite likely they are removing the nano init debuff from the FP line anyways. and also it seems like they are looking to move agents away from "nothing but doctor mimic" anyways, in which case agents might not be as nano init dependant, or should i say vulnerable to nano init debuffs
    aye that's true, but let's be real here. They announced a hotswap nerf like one year ago and it's still not nerfed. so the agent rebalance isn't prolly going to take place for atleast another year. Can't we have bandaid fixes till then?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Can't we have bandaid fixes till then?
    Last time I checked, you got some already.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

so the agent rebalance isn't prolly going to take place for atleast another year.
    I've seen posts suggesting that the new graphics engine is planned to be implemented this year. Add that to other statements that FC have made, that the Rebalancing patch will happen all at once - and before the graphics engine... and it's clear that the plan is that the rebalancing should happen this year.

Whether that happens or not is a whole other question of course... but from the fragments of info that have come out so far, the plan seems to be to have rebalancing happen this year.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Should be avail for TL5 imo, would promote the use of out of the box setups.

Would also give the illusion that a re balance has been done!
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookie View Post
    Should be avail for TL5 imo, would promote the use of out of the box setups.

Would also give the illusion that a re balance has been done!
    Poor level 170 agents? I don't think so.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

i believe everyone got apf nanos u nab

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    i believe everyone got apf nanos u nab
    Aha, true story. I even got three.

P.S.
    Some got meaningful (more or less) band aid fixes via those nanos. Your professions is one of them.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

P.S.
    Some got meaningful (more or less) band aid fixes via those nanos. Your professions is one of them.
    Oooookay..... Giving agents a nano that would be -1000 dodge, would be a band-aid fix... and not -350...

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    Oooookay..... Giving agents a nano that would be -1000 dodge, would be a band-aid fix... and not -350...
    Trust me, I would be more then happy with -350 NR debuff in place of that stupid stick and shield.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Lol.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

that would be way too overkill, -350 is nice as it is, AR on endgame agents is rather low in comparison to weapon based profs, the -350 brings them about on par with others (if not give them a lil boost over)

-1000 is almost a reverse MR which would be silly
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

-1000 ar is way too unbalanced. Agents shouldn't be able to perk evade based toons

Uh, why not?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Maybe because that's what evade toons are supposed to do. You know, like, to evade stuff. Including perks that check *shocked* evades for defense.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Uh, why not?
    Good question.
    Maybe because that's what evade toons are supposed to do. You know, like, to evade stuff. Including perks that check *shocked* evades for defense.
    Maybe the sniper/assassin profession should be able to kill whoever the hell they want?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Maybe the sniper/assassin profession should be able to kill whoever the hell they want?
    Not like they can't already.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast