Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I like my Enforcer

Why I like my Enforcer

Story time

So, I'm with a group of people, a 45 NT (atrox, with a beam), myself, 50, and a 56 MA. We decide to roll up some missions.

The NT rolls up one in the mantexe camp in Galway/Clon****. Okay, I've been there with just my MA friend. We go to the mission, and sure enough, it's full of lifebleeders-- the whole damned mission.

So the 3 of us kill the first 3 in the first room, one at a time. Then we continue on, and the atrox nt (whos main char, a 100+ enforcer (which doesn't post here ) is notoriously nuts, goes in a room with 3 lifebleeders. We kill 2 of 3 before deciding that we are going to die, and make a run for it.

We pick up another NT after abandoning that mission as too difficult. The 4 of us proceed to stomp QL67 missions. Hard.

We decide to go to the NW mutant camp, and pick up a clanner soldier. He is quite abrasive, but it's slim pickings . He says right away, not "hi" but "do we have a doc?". Of course, we answer, no, but it's not needed. Then he says "We need a tank". I of course, respond (totally deadpan) with "What the hell do I look like?" At this point I'm on the floor, laughing my ass off, because a team of all omnis was just joined by a clanner who is not only abrasive, but has no clue what he's hitched his wagon to.

So we start killing stuff at the NW camp, faster than they can hit me for any respectable damage. Granted the team was all rerolls (not sure about the soldier, he was just a jerk ) but I can't have imagined being in a FULL team with my adventurer, and saying "Oh, there's a lifebleeder, let's kill it" -- but with the enforcer we took multiples with a team of only 3 in the mission, and killed them as a matter of course, like any other spawn with a team of 5 at the NW camp.

I only have QL60 armor on, with the exception of a 80 chest piece and a 55ish coat. If I was REALLY equipped, I should have no problem soloing that camp at L50 -- too bad I passed it up already.

After that little hunt escapade, I went back to missioning, and am doing that now.... Money.... Mmmmm....

Anyone else have an interesting/funny story?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

i was having a hard time finding xp recently and was getting bored. i was about a 44 doc, got together with a 49 mp, 49ish nt, 53ish enf, 52ish ma, 48ish fixer. don't quote me on the levels though. i think we were all rerolls.

we headed to mort to see the borgs. it was a hilarious time for a while. we found a team fighting and i asked if we could mooch off their kills. they said fine as long as we don't break the roots on the bg. i said k, and we jumped to it. the first kill i got 8k+; it was like a drug. i was doing 14 dmg a pop, with dog morph on. i was just along for the ride.

after getting killed a few times and getting bored. i decided to leave. the action had lulled and i could not make my way out. i rezzed a few times and found a bg had gone to the op and was slaughtering about a dozen ppl there. it was really funny to see a lvl 121 enf running for his life into a shop like a scared little schoolgirl.

some ppl finally came out and we were heading out by elmer's and a few borgs spawned. pop, pop, pop. half our team was dead. i finally made it out after a while, and only felt safe when i made it to a friendly scanner. it was exciting going through a pvp zone thinking that if i got ganked i'd be back with the doggone borgs on my butt.

i heard the story about the patch that increased the spawn on the borgs. i hear that for 3 days ppl could not get out, and many alt chars got played. one of the guys said he was paying ppl to petition and that 1k petitions went in in those three days asking that the spawn get fixed so they could leave.

it was a fun night. i'm can't wait 'til i can go back and exact my revenge on those bastard borgs.

---

i forgot to add that i heard the following day that someone was *****ing that we had pissed them off. at first i was concerned that we might have f'ed up someone's hunt. they said we were standing on a spawn and drawing borgs and generally pissing sh*t off and running away. after i heard this i was laughing aloud. we had asked permission and stood next to the other teams. if they were standing on a spawn they couldn't handle, they should blame themselves first. no way we could have lured a borg anywhere. one shot and we were dead. sheesh. some ppl will blame things on anything they can; or so it seems. i think its relatively funny now that some 90 and above ppl are blaming their f ups on ppl who couldn't stand one hit from a mob.

most of the ppl that were there were pretty cool though.
    Last edited by Thyrra; Dec 31st, 2001 at 22:14:06.

Hum... I was used to play a Necro in EQ (a pet class).
    Its' been a lot of fun but I was eventually bored with all the raid planning stuff and the bad graphics.

When I cam to AO for the graphic engine, I decided to take the more robust, balanced, problem-free, and loved by groups profession.

Playing a Necro in EQ meant a lot of solo since grouping was usually long and Necro where so powerful solo, that group was not that necessary.

Do I have to say that I am very pleased with my choice ?

I am.

I like to be the puller and the tank. I have a lot of experience in pulling, albeit not that much in tanking. But now as a 96 Enf I do it quite efficiently.

End of story for now.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Talking Pumping up...

At about lvl 35 I entered trade and a lvl 18 Soldier asked me if I'm available for a chat.

He was a newbie and asked what to spend IP for and since I'm a Soldier on another life I knew pretty well what to do.

When I created Steelbuns I choose the small and chubby solitus female so that guys asked me if being small has any negative side effect.

I said :
    No, and I can increase my size
    /me puts a thumb in her mouth and blows
    Casting meatshield
    /me puts a thumb in her mouth and blows again
    Casting Essence of vitality
    Casting Essence of Might
    Casting Essence of Boundless Health

He was totally shocked.
    Asking how I did it I told him that there is an item as a mission reward that he can get at around lvl 30.

Evil me....

Re: Pumping up...

Originally posted by Kwadunk
    At about lvl 35 I entered trade and a lvl 18 Soldier asked me if I'm available for a chat.

He was a newbie and asked what to spend IP for and since I'm a Soldier on another life I knew pretty well what to do.

When I created Steelbuns I choose the small and chubby solitus female so that guys asked me if being small has any negative side effect.

I said :
    No, and I can increase my size
    /me puts a thumb in her mouth and blows
    Casting meatshield
    Casting Essence of vitality
    Casting Essence of Might
    Casting Essence of Boundless Health

He was totally shocked.
    Asking how I did it I told him that there is an item as a mission reward that he can get at around lvl 30.

Evil me....

omfg that is the funnyest thing I have ever heard!

hahahahhahahaha
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

rofl

aaaahhh rofl ...

great ehehehe ... ,)

damm, sometimes i'm on the edge of playin an enforcer ..... pfffff .......
    tradeskillz ?

That is d@mn funny!

The first MMORPG I played was EQ in it's last Beta. I was a Wizard. I got to lvl 16 and enjoyed it but HATED the butt-sitting. Kill a mob, have a seat, kill a mob, have a seat..... I got so tired of it that I never even persued playing the game when it went live. That and I didn't like the "supernatural" aspect of the game.

I chose AO for several reasons. I liked the graphics and I loved the idea of the Science Fiction theme.

I chose an Enforcer because I liked the way the Enforcer was described and because i figured that if i were a tank, I would not have to butt-sit nearly so much.

I am very happy with my choice! My friend that got me into this game played on the beta and developed a lvl 75 character there and then when it went live, he built an Adventurer that he leveled to 83 before losing heart and quitting the game. Meanwhile I am still happily playing my Enforcer and am looking foreward to getting him to lvl 200!
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Lightbulb Borg Ball

Bah Obitus, Necro were really so cool : sucking life out of Mobs, heating your own life to regen mana, and having your skely pet to handle though situations was really neat.

Now fellow enforcers if you are getting really bored, you can play :

Borg Ball !!tm

Borg Ball is best played with 2-4 Enforcers, no more.
    Find a Brig Gen spawn (Colonel can do the trick) along the ridge in Mort. Find a place a bit away from Fact since you don't want someone come and interfere with the game.

Now team up and start counting. At 5 everyone rush to the Brig and try to get aggro.

Def Slider must be kept on DEF and you have to try NOT to kill the Gen (hit Q to cancel attacks).

The first Enforcer to die, hence the one that managed to steal the aggro from the others, is the winner.

If you are in a team of 4, you can add a twist. When the winner dies, the 3 others now start to try and kill the Gen.
    The one that is a) dying last or b) gets the more XP is winning 2nd place.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Jan 21st, 2002 at 14:20:18.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

ahahaha
    excellent idea gummiz, i guess u have tested this
    sounds fun
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

Re: Borg Ball

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Bah Obitus, Necro were really so cool : sucking life out of Mobs, heating your own life to regen mana, and having your skely pet to handle though situations was really neat.

Now fellow enforcers if you are getting really bored, you can play :

Borg Ball !!tm

Borg Ball is best played with 2-4 Enforcers, no more.
    Find a Brig Gen spawn (Colonel can do the trick) along the ridge in Mort. Find a place a bit away from Fact since you don't want someone come and interfere with the game.

Now team up and start counting. At 5 everyone rush to the Brig and try to get aggro.

Def Slider must be kept on DEF and you have to try NOT to kill the Gen (hit Q to cancel attacks).

The first Enforcer to die, hence the one that managed to steal the aggro from the others, is the winner.

If you are in a team of 4, you can add a twist. When the winner dies, the 3 others now start to try and kill the Gen.
    The one that is a) dying last or b) gets the more XP is winning 2nd place.

Enjoy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is the second funnyest thing I have read on the boards, both in ONE POST HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Keep em coming kids!
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well we tried Leet Ball... it was just way too long. Leets just refused to play. Pfffff...

Borg Pong

A variation of Borg Ball...

Two Enforcers (A and B)

A aggros the Borg using the Hate line.

Then he uses Fear to make him run towards B

B tries to get the aggro using hate and then send it back to A with Fear.

Repeat...

If the Borg passes one of the players the other one gets a point.

Just my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Talking ehehehe

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Well we tried Leet Ball... it was just way too long. Leets just refused to play. Pfffff...
    ehehehe mmmm well what do you expect from leets ? ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Re: Borg Pong

Originally posted by Kwadunk
    A variation of Borg Ball...

Two Enforcers (A and B)

A aggros the Borg using the Hate line.

Then he uses Fear to make him run towards B

B tries to get the aggro using hate and then send it back to A with Fear.

Repeat...

If the Borg passes one of the players the other one gets a point.

Just my 2 cents
    That's more my kind of game. But it would be best to do it in a room with limited area so that the borg couldn't run in any direction they want. You'd still have to position yourself in such a way that when they run away, they are running at the other player, but this would make it so much like pong of the.....12th century? That reeeeeeallly old one.

*Immagines a top-down view of two trox on opposite sides of a large room bouncing a borg back and forth... beep..BEEP..beep..BEEP..beepBEEP......beep*

Oh, you should also say that if the borg kills you (your fear nano doesn't work) the other person gets a point or two...

-Ox

lol good thread

Thought I'd revive this one. I don't have logs but it was pretty funny.

So, we're doing a Q192 team mission the other day. We've got a 150ish doc, me, 125ish soldier, 141 soldier, 142 MA, and 150ish trader.

Of course every 60 minutes the trader fires up a wrangle, I re-behemoth everyone, the MA re-LMAs everyone, we are basically killing everything, taking adds, no worries. At one time I had 8 million unsaved Xp, and was not really worried.

So we go save before the boss mob (of course, I'm not that dumb ). One of the soldiers says:

"Hey, so Arinia, are you going to let X (other soldier's name) and I take some of the aggro down there?"

Me: "NO"
    Me: "ABSOLUTELY NOT"
    Me: "NOT ALLOWED"

=)

So actually, my plan was to let it go on them if possible. But, as we all know, soldiers make have this TMS that makes them invincible, but they handle aggro about as well as I nanoprogram. So of course, the boss goes right for the doc, and I'm getting smacked around just like I'm used to.

Soldiers might be able to protect themselves, but they have no way of protecting the doc and the rest of the team. Besides, it took us about 3 minutes to kill the boss mob, and there's no way either of those soldiers could have tanked a Q192 boss mob for more than :45... TMS down... hello reclaim We at least have the HP that we can survive until that doc's complete healing recharges, if necessary.

After 141 levels, a long time since I started this thread, I still like playing my enforcer. I have another character I'm working on that's vastly different, but I haven't neglected Arinia by any means. And I don't think I will any time soon, either.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

lol funny!!! all u high lvl people are little lowbies in this thread...all the old tymers lolz
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Please remidn yourself next time that some of as are not atrox and well, saying that kinda...rwar!

Yazule
    Spam Master

--------------------------------

Cloudeh
    Community Member <------- ?????????????

Where my spam?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast