Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assist changes

Doctors correct me if I'm wrong here...

With /assist <name> as it is now doctors actually have it a bit easier (assuming target doesn't drop right away which sadly it does like 75% of time when called) as they have to heal only one target out of whole zerg and every /assist points at it.
    With /assist <name> nerfed/changed/removed/whatever they would actually have it harder as they would have to oversee whole zerg and not just person currently called. So IMO /assist could stay as it is.

/assist <name> shouldn't exist in such for as it is now as it destroys mass PvP (there is no fun in waiting 30 min for battle to start just to be called and die right away) and it dumbs PvM even further.

BTW, for pvp targets target need disable too.
    This is very easy if you in raid, click on caller and use targets target. Same as zerg assist.

This is really needed if we want balance assist function for Mass PvP.

Guys, if we want fun in Mass PvP zerg assist function in 25% gas must be disabled - this is only way.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Because the vast majority always team up on BS
    They don't because they know docs will /assist heal them!

Seriously, the vast majority, like you said, don't care about PvP. They just join BS for VP or to farm solo kills. Players who really care about PvP do team and when they do so, their side just rule the whole round. Sadly it also often kills BS as the opposite side will rarely try to do something against it and will rather leave.
    blah

Let's face it, you have no idea what you're talking about with respect to healing in PvP, so why don't you focus on the stuff you do know something about?
    Big badda bump. Assist healing is far from overpowered in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by froobvet View Post
    Doctors correct me if I'm wrong here...

With /assist <name> as it is now doctors actually have it a bit easier (assuming target doesn't drop right away which sadly it does like 75% of time when called) as they have to heal only one target out of whole zerg and every /assist points at it.
    With /assist <name> nerfed/changed/removed/whatever they would actually have it harder as they would have to oversee whole zerg and not just person currently called. So IMO /assist could stay as it is.

/assist <name> shouldn't exist in such for as it is now as it destroys mass PvP (there is no fun in waiting 30 min for battle to start just to be called and die right away) and it dumbs PvM even further.
    That's pretty much what every player with a TL7 has said on here. At least I know we're not talking gibberish now ...
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    They don't because they know docs will /assist heal them!

Players who really care about PvP do team
    No, they don't - if they do, they don't care much about having a doctor with them for sure. All the so called real PvPers are the ones refusing invites. The ones just there for farming VP are actually those who team up most of the time. Take it from one who spams invites all around on BS. People "who really care about PvP" don't team because of e-peen solo kills, and because they hardly care if they win or loose a BS round. Sadly, there's no simple way to change that.

Again, I'd like to question just how much you know about playing a healer class in PvP , 'cause I don't see you understanding much of how it plays out. I think every 10-15th heal I cast might be an assist heal on average. Rest of the time I'm healing myself, because those red nano effects draw aggro rather well. It's a fundamental tool when PvP as a doctor though, and without it, healing others is made even more difficult than it already is.
    Last edited by Avari; Apr 9th, 2010 at 13:51:10.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

If they don't team because they want to farm solo kills, they don't care about PvP, they care about solo kills. They are the first ones to complain when the other side teams up.

The point of teaming is not to cap and win the round, it's to reduce downtimes and increase your effectiveness. Sadly it ends with unbalanced sides most of the time and you have to split or kill BS.

I don't care that healing gets you aggro, that's not the point of this topic and there already are suggestions to help that.
    blah

I don't care that healing gets you aggro, that's not the point of this topic and there already are suggestions to help that.
    I never said it was. It was to illustrate how little impact /assist has in the bigger picture. It's nowhere near comparable to the impact of /assist [name]

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

I don't see how team callers would affect the forming of teams. People are effectively using team callers on BS already, since very few manage to coordinate more than a team up there.
    Who was talking about BS....
    I was referring to mass pvp like Tara & Tower Wars
    Last edited by Alducio; Apr 9th, 2010 at 16:13:19.

Why every balance discussion comes down to kicking docs where it hurts, ffs go play doc if they so OP or whatever. There are actually so few good pvp docs out there and if your "side" cant kill them or cant assist good enough, then yes, they deserve to live and dance on your zerg corpses. Maybe FC should rebalance docs by removing them completely from game, maybe then you people can be happy.

I dont come to tell you to use Q before nuking mav, so assisting NT's is screwed allready. But i dont mind if /assist name gets changed aslong as heal assist still remains

BTW as you were talking about dealing dmg to corpses, docs can waste heals on corpses too if you dont know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alducio View Post
    Who was talking about BS....
    I was referring to mass pvp like Tara & Tower Wars
    None the less, I still don't see the connection. Teams are formed rather randomly at wars (and tara?), since it's a single raid leader setting up the teams based mostly on professions rather than knowledge of peoples equipment - maybe except the caller team, but that has been hand-picked for as long as I can remember. I'd very much like you to elaborate on how team callers will lead to more "elitist" teams, 'cause so far you've only made a postulate.

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    BTW as you were talking about dealing dmg to corpses, docs can waste heals on corpses too if you dont know about it.
    Yet it has a 4s recharge instead of 2 mins for an alpha..
    blah

Yet it has a 4s recharge instead of 2 mins for an alpha..
    Again, apples and oranges. You're comparing defensive and offensive tools. Ofcourse there's a difference in recharge.

Both are fruits. You know there's a word I've seen around quite some times. What was it again? Ah yes .. balance.
    blah

Both are fruits. You know there's a word I've seen around quite some times. What was it again? Ah yes .. balance.
    So you want a 4 second alpha recharge or a 2 minute recharge on heals? Or maybe a 1 minute middle road? Yea, they are definetly comparable.

I don't want anything, just stating facts. Damage can obviously be wasted and, with 0/4 s on your heal, 'wasting' it is hardly an argument. Especially when noone has enough damage output to out dmg that kind of healing which leaded to extreme alphas and debuffs.

It's exactly the same problem with assist. And yeah healing would be a little harder than tab/assist. Can only be a good thing imho. Don't forget that there are more changes coming and that you won't want/be able to heal as often as you do now. With slow paced PvP, emergency healing will be less needed too.
    blah

Just make assist to work if a person you're going to assist is in your team, not nearby or in the same RI. That will:
    - force large raidforces to have several good callers spreaded into different teams;
    - will prevent mass PvP instakilling after being called and assisted by 50+ people;
    - will make it harder for docs to outheal every possible pvp damage by simply assisting opposite caller for heals;
    - will make doc life easier just because it will require multiple callers to pretarget doc to instasplat it;

Anyway, such change will make PvP more interesting in general, and PvM is way too easy nowadays, besides most of things except s42 are being done with 1 single team, so global assist is obsolete as it is.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    - will make it harder for docs to outheal every possible pvp damage by simply assisting opposite caller for heals
    You're delusional.

Why you are comparing full alpha with single heal. 4 sec recharge to heal and specials recharge similary and the talk was about mass pvp, so forget your 1 vs 1 talk. Decent mass vs mass situation 4 sec on heal is much, if you cant target fast enough, the target will die. So your entire argument is not that valid.

ps UBT and Malp are hardly considered CC tools in mass pvp, i even dont waste time for ubt, unless target is Doc/agent.

I re-iterate only being able to assist the leader of the team.

As for assist healing, here's an idea - How about learning how to heal?
    Healing doesnt *really* need a nerf, it just needs to be made a LOT HARDER TO DO.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yeah because it's always you, alone, vs the world.
    blah

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast