Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 26th, 2010 - Amnesia...please.

I'll be frank here and speak my mind about the rewards for the new daily missions, I think they are crap, utter crap sorry.

Give people the chance to do 2 shadowlevels per week off the Daily Missions, why the hell would I spend time getting a 57k sk reward @ 214?
    It's not that hard getting a team, nor would I wanna waste my time on such a low reward because sk is just a fraction of the grind that is Anarchy Online.

At least give leveling a proper boost, and not some half ass implementation.

That's my honest thought about that, the missions in themselves are great. The reward aspect of them is rubbish!

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    I'd actually love to show off AO at GamesCom this year, if we are there with the engine until then. But we will have to see what the marketing department is planning, since the organization of he convention is up to them. If they decide they wanna show all the greatness Funcom has to offer (TSW, AO and AoC) then I am all for it, but it's also likely, they decide to only concentrate on TSW as the upcoming project.

We will see what the future brings.

Cheers,
    Waldgeist
    Thinking back, the last time I remember hearing of AO being shown at a convention was when Znore showed off Lost Eden, and that was completely behind closed doors. Was pretty disappointed in that - was that a decision of the marketing department, or Znore / the AO team at the time?

The nanomage heads have always kind of been like "melted" in my oppinion. There's various of them, even the one that's been remade here, that has these weird folds on the cheeks, like the skin is rubbery and sloughing.
    The guy in the first post is just sort of a blueish kind of dude, not the freaks that the nanomages are. :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde View Post
    Thinking back, the last time I remember hearing of AO being shown at a convention was when Znore showed off Lost Eden, and that was completely behind closed doors. Was pretty disappointed in that - was that a decision of the marketing department, or Znore / the AO team at the time?
    I wasn't with Funcom at the time, so I am afraid I cannot give you an answer to that

Neato
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I'll be frank here and speak my mind about the rewards for the new daily missions, I think they are crap, utter crap sorry.

Give people the chance to do 2 shadowlevels per week off the Daily Missions, why the hell would I spend time getting a 57k sk reward @ 214?
    It's not that hard getting a team, nor would I wanna waste my time on such a low reward because sk is just a fraction of the grind that is Anarchy Online.

That's my honest thought about that, the missions in themselves are great. The reward aspect of them is rubbish!

Viz
    Regarding the daily quests:

- Fast sk: Takes 7-15min to complete from the types I've tried today.
    - Kinda cute/different
    - 18 tokens/mission @ level 220 (not sure if it scales with title level.. only have my 220 doc on test atm)

While I don't think its overpowered, it does provide another way to get some sk and tokens and that's a good thing IMO. I would be curious to try these on lower level chars.. unfortunately can't get any transferred atm.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

And most important point overall: we don't want the last fractions of leveling teams to disappear. Daily mission is an alternative option, not mandatory.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

20% XP no matter what level you are would be more interesting :P Then again I'm just sick of inf missions ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    If these numbers are accurate, I have to agree with Alternity and say that the rewards are utter crap. 57 sk at 214 is peanuts and won't be anywhere near an alternative to inf missions.

Compare these numbers to Dark Ruins:

At 170, completing just half of the Dark Ruins daily missions gives ~14m XP, which is more than 50% of a level. I'm referring to the DOJA chip and killing 3 hidden cultists, which can easily be done every day in under a half hour, solo (you just need a team to get into the playfield).

At 214, 57k SK is ~5.5% of a shadowlevel. Even if you go by the notion that 1 shadowlevel = 5 RK levels, that's still only equivalent to 27.5% of a (adjusted) level, per day.

If it's going to take 18 days to go from 214 to 215, then the rewards are epic fail. As Alternity said, 2 shadowlevels a week are what it should be, but I would even be happy with 1 shadowlevel a week.

Come on, Funcom. 1 shadowlevel a week isn't going to stop the Inferno powerlevelers (and it shouldn't - they should always have that option if they wish), but it will make the average player, who is absolutely sick of the Inferno grind, actually enjoy the journey from 200-220. It's a game -- it's supposed to be fun, right?

Yes, it's about 57K at 214 and that's bad.. but.. I loged in my lvl 15 and guess what.. I get more than level worth of XP..
    I think there is just some serious scaling problem.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Wouldn't it help the flow of the forums some if individual German sub-forums were put under the headers for the English main forum they belong with? For example, grouping Technische Fragen und Lösungen with Tech Help?

At least I'm assuming Technische Fragen und Lösungen is Tech Help, my knowledge of German rivals my knowledge of nuclear physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    Yes, it's about 57K at 214 and that's bad.. but.. I loged in my lvl 15 and guess what.. I get more than level worth of XP..
    I think there is just some serious scaling problem.
    so no X% xp cap on reward then?
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    so no X% xp cap on reward then?
    nope, no cap. But at 200+ you won't hit cap anyway with this reward :P

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity

This. What's the point of those daily missions? They take slightly less time than a 220 easy, give less sk than a 220 easy and can be done only once a day. Where are those "more than adequate" rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    This. What's the point of those daily missions? They take slightly less time than a 220 easy, give less sk than a 220 easy and can be done only once a day. Where are those "more than adequate" rewards?
    I've now tried 4 different types on a 220 and 3 out of 4 took me about 5-7min to complete. The 4th took 15min but that's because I had to run around to like 6 different clubs.

Which missions did you do that took slightly less time than a 220 easy? What level was the char (just curious).
    You can find me at:

I was referring to your "7-15 min" vs the average 20 min for a 220 easy. Unfortunately I can't get to test, I get "Patch Failed: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." since forever.

I was referring to your "7-15 min" vs the average 20 min for a 220 easy. Unfortunately I can't get to test, I get "Patch Failed: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." since forever.
    That blocked me for a while too, one time it just went forward anyway don't know what changed.

As for the rewards, I think they need to scale better. We were told substantial rewards not substantial [if you're a lowbie].
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Ok, gotcha..

I've been trying to remember how it was done in AoC.. its been awhile. But for some reason I seem to remember that there were repeatable instances in this one zone that you could do once per day that yielded amazing experience... but I want to say that there were 3 or more repeatable (and like 3 or 4 that you could only do once).

I think the SK reward needs to be bumped up a bit in the daily missions and maybe the option to do more than 1. Though, it seems as if you can do the daily mission plus an elite mission. The only challenge is that the elite missions are based off of apf 13/28/35/42, db 1/2 and prisoners I believe so for someone looking to level those don't present a reasonable alternative to inf missions. But.. if you're doing those other playfields anyway.. it is a nice mish reward as bonus.
    You can find me at:

Just completed a couple daily mishes on test. one took me literally 3 or 4 minutes to complete. another took 20 (would've been 5 if i was a fixer, or had access to fgrid). although i didn't get any sk at all, i did receive the tokens (strange, maybe something im not doing right). anyway, they are quick and straight forward. still though, why I didnt receive xp after, or before talking to receptionist (and getting the mission that i had to wait 18 hours) is odd. and no, i dont have xp gains turned off, and the toon i was using was level 213.

*edit* - allrighty, did another daily, and this time i got sk reward. without any side bonus, I got 51,883 SK for lvl 213. yeh, would prefer more plx. 51883 divided by 855946 = 6.06% SK, which isn't much considering it would take around 15 days (if you include side bonus) to ding, if all you did was daily's. maybe 10-12 if you have xp rings /implants/stims/token board etc...
    Last edited by Soultrader; Mar 27th, 2010 at 22:31:55.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultrader View Post
    ...although i didn't get any sk at all...
    This seems to be bug with reward. Currently you get SK only if you are in SL playfield (Serenity Islands rollerrat mission) when you get reward or in agency building (Not SL anymore, but SK reward works).

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast