Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 26th, 2010 - Amnesia...please.

From the Kintaii interview:

PG: "When will it go live?"
    BM: "Both the Collector's Lair and the new Daily Missions system will be going in with the next available content update for AO, which should be hitting live servers within the next few weeks. These have both been a long time coming, and the team is really looking forward to seeing players enjoy the new content."
    Thanks for that blurb, looking forward to doing something new
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

4th page >.>

Good to hear engine work is close to relative completion.

I posted this in the last FWOM but: When AO gets released with the new engine, I think you guys should definitely consider taking advantage of the Steam platform to further advertise. Millions of people use Steam on a daily basis and love its GameOverlayUI, which adds a web browser and other features to any game just like xfire. It is sad that it doesn't work with Steam, as it is a pain to minimize every time one of my friends messages, or I want to look something up.

As for some reason I still can not copy character to test server, could someone post some more information about the daily mission rewards IF they are indeed on test server already.

Quote Originally Posted by julz View Post
    Will the new engine streamline tasks,
    Problaby but that depends on what kind of tasks you refer to.
    eliminate bugs,
    Visul bugs yes, other bugs problaby not.
    open new possibilities?
    Yep.
    Most people seem to think it's just new eye candy,
    Yep new eye candy is also in there.
    or maybe my understanding is wrong.
    That is also a posebility.

Nice NM head, now remake the atrox one posted last time!

all this is cool, honestly (NM face, collector up, dailies updated and all)

but PLEASE :

do smthg about doca work

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566048

ffs we mean it !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Nanomage face:

We are the Nanoborg. Resistence it futile. You culture will adapt to service us. Your Data will be added to the collective. Picard is irrelevent, he will not save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Noteworthy for the Friday with Mean is also, that we are planning to create (actually it's already created just hidden) a German subforum right here in this forum; so that we, when the time comes and DNW is closed down in the far distant future, have a new cosy home prepared for the German players in this forum environment. This is done to bring the German players closer together with the English players, while still providing them a new home.
    Marketing policy for AO is not only non-existent, you purposely keep players away with this persecution rules of "Annihilate everything non-English!". 2 times have I dared speak in a non-English language here and all I got was both posts deleted and a 3 infraction point penalty for one of those posts. Now it turns out you're breaking this holy rule just to keep players from going away. Does this mean you have figured out the importance of a community in you own language to make people come/stay in the game? How about you make another step forward and try not to only keep players from leaving the game but to bring more new players into the game?

Some data your marketing team should know about

I hope we can customize these faces.

(ala AOC, Mass Effect etc)

Don't really see why that wouldn't be possible.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

The new heads look really good but are defenetly becoming "solitised". Beam me up Scottytoot, I want those heads tweaked into a bit moar weirdness. Make it so.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by saxobul3 View Post
    It's harder, trickier, has big hp mobs
    How awesomely unique from other things in the....oh.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I hope we can customize these faces.

(ala AOC, Mass Effect etc)

Don't really see why that wouldn't be possible.
    I wonder if FC will be able to do justice to that weird eye-brow thing that your avatar has

I'm guessing they will skip that and make a "vanilla" face expression instead
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ... I can't wait to have people besides us and the staff of Duke Nukem Forever trying this. Ha. Is it as funny when I do it?...
    Sort of. Bit scary too. Funny mix.

Love the new head. Looks a little asian, a little african, a bit european. It's a dead ringer for "Newarival" in RL. No matter the inspiration it looks very realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Stubble on a Nanomage just seems wrong somehow. Aside from that, nice pic.

Engage, Shields up 'n all that

Oh, warp facter 15 on the new engine too please, Transwarp-drive it, or find a wormhole...C'mon, make it so Means !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

2. The vast majority of the old engine has now been cut out of the new AO client. I thought this would take much longer than it did. Damn. I'm really hoping to get another video to you guys within the next 3 weeks. SOOO exciting.
    That was stated 5 weeks ago.
    Engine Engine Engine

I know I said I hoped to have a video ready by this week. It didn't happen. OUCH! Right in the personal credibility again.

Despite my lack of delivery on this one the work is proceding well and the actual "production" side of the new engine work is beginning to be implemented. "Old stuff" is displaying and we are currently working through the hideous process of making the "new stuff" work with our world-building and graphical tools...exporters, resource databases etc. The artists are currently tearing through Borealis (the first playfield we are completely updating to new standards), chosen for the fact that it makes use of pretty much all new features (grass, water, light, bump-mapping etc) and hopefully (no promises no promises!!!) we can show it soon.
    That was stated 2 weeks ago.

I know things have not been uneventful since then & we can understand delays when they are explained to us, but can we please get a video soon™? Even if it is just another 15 second video, it is better than nothing.

If any way possible, WTB SL or AI related stuff in the next video please.

Back on topic of this week's thread, the nanomage head looks really good.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Revane View Post
    I posted this in the last FWOM but: When AO gets released with the new engine, I think you guys should definitely consider taking advantage of the Steam platform to further advertise. Millions of people use Steam on a daily basis and love its GameOverlayUI, which adds a web browser and other features to any game just like xfire. It is sad that it doesn't work with Steam, as it is a pain to minimize every time one of my friends messages, or I want to look something up.
    Bold = agreed

Think about it Means, people will see it and go OH NEW F2P MMO!? SWEET!

Talking Fnah Fnah! :D

Anyone else think that Fergie in Black Eyed Peas looks like a Fixer like on the banner adverts in their latest 'Rock that Body'. Wtb that head

Go get her to advertise AO NOW!!!
    Last edited by Klanbear; Mar 27th, 2010 at 08:04:43.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    He's prolly chuckling at my email posted over his desk about being in prison....
    You out yet? We should have had an in-game release party for you...a game releases a person instead of...bah...not really that funny I guess.
    I owe Kintaii many, many cigarettes after this week.
    Why do I expect a severely nerfed Omni-pol in the next major patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    ... and facial hair? meh, if you can have hair on your head, you can have hair on your face, ... (im referring to the many nanomage heads that do have hair on them)

If you look closely, you will see those are shiny bits of plastic, not hair.

looks good but i wanna see the graphic vid u promised us some weeks ago
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Nanoryl 220/19 NT NEW NAME (Nanobots)

Unisolder 126/15 sold

ThaBeast 220/xx/xx inc pvp beast

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast