Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please dont destroy AO style pvp

^that

Also, I know what the looting thing was, and not only it was fun, WTB the 25% gas areas back.

There were some pretty solid scrapes in belial waaaaaaay back. Was some of the most fun PVP I ever experienced. To be honest though, it was also some of the most broken PVP.

tbh i dont see how FC realy can fix the PvP in AO except breaking the PvM.
    slowing down all professions attack perks to 2 second cast and reducing all stuns duration in PvP will make it impossible to kill any kind of healer in PvP unless they cut the healing down to where u cant heal more dmg then what is being dealt since u wont be able to alpha healers anylonger.
    that means if an alpha + regulars + specials deal 45k dmg / min, healing would need to be 40k /min or healing professions can never be killed 1 on 1.
    and if the heals actually are pulled down to a lvl where the healers wont be able to outheal the dmg/min that is being dealt we will see weird mid HP setups for the healing classes to pull down the 40% caps to be just enough so that they can outheal it anyhow.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

As much as they cut PvP DD in half in the past, they could reduce heal efficiency to 75 or 80% or w/e value suits the situation, for all heals, couldn't they ?

Nerf DD/alphas, nerf heals, pvm will become harder and pvp may be more strategic, can't see any harm in that.
    220 RK2 engineer.

well if u think of the effect of making all attack perks 2 sec cast.
    that means that if u deal 25k dmg with ur alpha and it takes 10 secs to execute, and the doc has 20k health and can heal for 7k health every 8 seconds, the doc will get off 2 heals during the alpha that takes 10 secs to execute pulling his total HP up to 34k HP, leaving him with 9k health left once the alpha is over.
    unless regulars are made to actually deal 7k dmg over 8 seconds that the heal will heal up the doc will get back to 100% health before the minute that the alpha takes to recharge has passed thus leaving the doc unkillable by that person alone.
    wich pretty much is the case in alot of situations today.
    the current tactics for the profs that actually can kill a doc has been to chain stun thru the alpha.
    all the stuns have had their duration decreased to 3 seconds and their execution time increased to 2 seconds (atleast the enf stuns) meaning that u wont be able to do stun + dmg + dmg + stun + dmg + dmg wich is actually needed atm to kill a doc, due to the fact that any way u turn it around there will always be a 1 - 4 seconds gap between the stuns in wich a doc will be able to either get a perk heal or a insta cast heal off that will take the full effect out of the alpha leaving the doc immortal to a single opponent.
    to counteract the fact that the doc is able to heal up 100% of the alphas dmg between the alphas FC could make either heals interruptable with some kind of attack / skill that requires timing, or make regulars deal enough dmg to keep the healer from getting fully healed after the alpha thus deacreasing his max health over time so that eventually he will get overwhealmed by the force of the alpha, or decrease the recharge of the alphas enough so that the healer wont have time to heal up his full health in between them.

as far as the perk documents has shown the way of the pvp in AO is getting generally slowed down to the point where healing would need to be so low in AO that the PvM will get broken or healing classes will be unkillable.
    so unless FC decides to implement some major changes in game mechanics or completly rewamps both PvP / PvM i dont realy see how they will manage to implement a balanced pvp.

anyhow... im looking forward to see how they are trying to work around all this and what their idea for pvp is taking us....
    but i would love to see some more updates on where we are headed soon.

ZOMGZ, I r can't kill teh doc in under 8 sec after teh rebalance!!!1

Who knows, maybe it's intended to be like that, in the future.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post

yep. like when they can run out of nano.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    man people here don't know how to outheal AS.
    If you are a fixer/ma/crat just go with low hp setup and get heal delta imps... you can outheal AS every 11 seconds with that....
    One of the core reasons enforcers are "Overpowered". Low health setups do great vs AS spams but fail vs High AR/perking professions.

Evader with 7k health gets alphad by that enf and QQ's, but those same evaders with 14-17k health usually survive no problem.

I was down to 2100 max health or so on my tl5 ranged advy, one of the many setups I tried. AS was no problem, FA stims, instant heal, Bio Shield heal, and regular heals were 30-50% of my max health. Then I would run into a keeper and die to regular hits, or I would alpha into a soldier and die from reflects.

and yet again some brainiac proves that reading only 2 sentances in a whole post doesnt show whats the consensus of the post.
    go go klod...

It's really easy to make heals strategic, 4s ND ticks and we actually have to think before casting.
    8s ND ticks and behold, it's like the other games, people have got to invest in mana regeneration! As it stands it's absolutely retarded, my doc doesn't have any exclusively healing related gear and it still works.

Nerf HD too, wtf is that, everyone is a troll and regens life?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and yet again some brainiac proves that reading only 2 sentances in a whole post doesnt show whats the consensus of the post.
    go go klod...
    To be honest, that's what your post was all about. Admit it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    yep. like when they can run out of nano.
    Like we do now if we're not just playing heal monkey - but when did that ever kill anyone.

To be honest, that's what your post was all about. Admit it.
    For once I agree.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Locking this as its pretty much offtopic.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12