Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engy's nano drain mine. Enough please :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yes, lets nerf pet professions even more, they are clearly overpowered. Oh, wait... They aren't.

Why do you think you should be up close and personal with anyone, as a NT?
    Of course, as a NT, i do kite a lot. But it is limited by a lot of factor, one being that you can't chain root any target, or you woudn t deal any significant dmg to it, or the fact that a fair amount of NT tools need the NT to stand and cast for extended period of time, be it 1 second (double), 2 second (tripple and IU), 4 or so seconds (AI dot), 1 seconds (spec roots versus enfo), NS2 (self root). Which gives a lot of opportunities to any opponent to come toe to toe with us. So this really go both ways.

1 second standing still, at current tl7's run speed number, means the opponent can do 10/15 meters, maybe more. This is easy to understand i hope ? This is the reason, for instance, that you can't catch a fixer if he doesn t want to be caught, unless he get stuck in geometry while blinded, which does happens, from time to time, indeed. But the simple 1 second cast for a double mean the Fixer is out of sight if he wishes and you can never catch up.
    Last edited by Djantro; Mar 15th, 2010 at 19:41:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    ed.
    - Keeping the engy rooted so that he doesn t come to you isn't possible in most cases, imo, mostly because rooting nerf your damage, and damage breaks root, and you need to reroot, infernal boring spiral, that you can't even afford versus an engy because the pet will catch ya from time to time when you stand still to cast a nano. It does work versus an enfo for other reason, and it still takes a minute 30+ to take an enfo that way.
    Nt mez's work on engi pets rite? Root engi, mez chicken, mez doggy, attempt to kill engi, or like just about every Other Prof, RUN AWAY and get some help.
    Last edited by -XeI20-; Mar 15th, 2010 at 19:45:16.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So... Everything is working as intended and you somehow see a problem in it. Weird.
    I don't see anything wrong in anything you quoted from me. Was just facts, i don't complain about. It was just to show that, if the engy wanted to come toe to toe, he probably could, because my tools to forbid him to aren't perfect (yes, working as intended), and because he also got some tool that allows him to come in contact (unresistable blinds, for instance). You get blinded, get stuck in geometry, engy comes to you, bam nanodrain mine, /win, doesn t work ? Or you cast SI, stand still for 4 seconds, engy cleared your root with IS rod, he comes to contact, bam nanodrain mine, /win, doesn't work ? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    Nt mez's work on engi pets rite? Root engi, mez chicken, mez doggy, attempt to kill engi, or like just about every Other Prof, RUN AWAY and get some help.
    It looks good when you write root pet,calm pet, but more faster and easier is just kill eng.
    When you use calms, roots you cant do dmg(only slow perks) while engi is perking you with 80% pistols perks in amep setup. dot+dm+double. even good pvp engies die vs NT with this order.

Dont forget they can drain your nano, but only 1x with LUCK per 6minutes and they use more often snare auras, because their target runs away and they havent roots, snare,...only root graft(lock 15minutes) and 2 mines(6mins lock).

They arent OP in every aspect. I have Nt and eng. My eng is only for TS, but I know I cant stop my opponent from running away and pet can snare only other pets(140%def is too high+1stim and you can run).
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    while engi is perking you with 80% pistols perks in amep setup.
    Seriously, what does using an AMEP have to do with anything? You do realize that Deadeye and the other Pistol Mastery 80% perks have PISTOL 100% as the attack skill, not Attack Rating? Which means any old pistol works just as well with them as an AMEP does?
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

It looks good when you write root pet,calm pet, but more faster and easier is just kill eng.
    When you use calms, roots you cant do dmg(only slow perks) while engi is perking you with 80% pistols perks in amep setup. dot+dm+double. even good pvp engies die vs NT with this order.
    Not entirely certain what you're trying to say. And I'm no expert on NT vs Engi PvP. But I know damn sure that if an nt is unable to solo an engi, mezing his pets and then getting your teamate to eat his hp is a surefire way to win. Given the 'facts' 'stated' by the OP it seems he's unable to solo kill an engi so enlightening him of the team aspects of AO PvP which the majority of other profs need in order to fight an engi seemed the right response. I find it's always good to get an nt actually thinking about how to fight rather then lol buttoning everything.

I don't see anything wrong in anything you quoted from me. Was just facts, i don't complain about. It was just to show that, if the engy wanted to come toe to toe, he probably could, because my tools to forbid him to aren't perfect (yes, working as intended), and because he also got some tool that allows him to come in contact (unresistable blinds, for instance). You get blinded, get stuck in geometry, engy comes to you, bam nanodrain mine, /win, doesn t work ? Or you cast SI, stand still for 4 seconds, engy cleared your root with IS rod, he comes to contact, bam nanodrain mine, /win, doesn't work ? etc.
    So?

Stay away and everything is peachy. Not like you can't do that, especially against something as slow as engie.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Basing such opinions on the fact that, for instance, almost no engy do use this unresistable 65% duck blind perk, despite the fact it is a strong /win factor coupled with kite and LoS abuse
    Actually most engies do. But chem vs duck is fairly easy to resist even with a 65% check thanks to AAD...

While any attempt to adjust an imbalance is appreciated, it's hard to take you seriously when you have such limited knowledge of the engineer tool set...

While normally I would be on the NT's side for most issues, I think in this case, I'd like to see the recharge shortened on the mines to make them a bit more used (in all my BS time I've only been mined ONCE, ever, and I was very clearly asking for it by trying to hump said engie on /follow and mashing perk buttons rather than being careful).

Say, do different mines have different lockouts? If not, I might like to see 'em changed to that >: D
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Actually most engies do. But chem vs duck is fairly easy to resist even with a 65% check thanks to AAD...

While any attempt to adjust an imbalance is appreciated, it's hard to take you seriously when you have such limited knowledge of the engineer tool set...
    I agree i m not 100% aware of how engies work. I know couple things for sure tho, one of em being that this blind perk is very powerfull if it lands, and affect the fight a lot. Assumed it might be available to all engy since some particular engies do use it all the time, it seems you might need in the 2.3 Chemistry+AAO to land it all the time on my self buffed AAD twinked (with only a 150 AAD tower, yes, 1050 AAD) NT, which doesn t sound too bad. I ofc just assumed. I really wonder why only couple engies do spam it on me and some other never use it, tho.

The point is just that this mine, versus a NT, is the kind of tool i tought we would all agree to remove, since it insta wipe our main defense (NBG), possibly nerf our passive DtN reflect but that would need extended test to affirm that, etc.

Sounds pretty much in the spirit of double spam versus crat, tripplzor spam in mass pvp/versus low HP gimp, NSD proc versus NT/doc and probably many other, GTH versus NT/doc, old BR versus soljas, RI versus agents, ie that shouldn't be in game, imo. Those mine are 3x more situationnal then most of those tools, tempered by various thing, remain that when it drops it is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post
    Seriously, what does using an AMEP have to do with anything? You do realize that Deadeye and the other Pistol Mastery 80% perks have PISTOL 100% as the attack skill, not Attack Rating? Which means any old pistol works just as well with them as an AMEP does?
    Engies have amep so I said they have amep, whats wrong?
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Engies have amep so I said they have amep, whats wrong?
    Oh right, you're on RK1, aren't you? The promised land of the AMEP/Craphander Engineers.

Sure, Engies have AMEP, but it's kind of the same as claiming that every Sold uses a dshark or something!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

If you absolutly have no idea how to press the movement keys while fighting a engi, just stand on a edge or something. The pets wont know what to do and the engi will /emorage
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    If you absolutly have no idea how to press the movement keys while fighting a engi, just stand on a edge or something. The pets wont know what to do and the engi will /emorage
    So whatever i said to shows moving isn't always available, and that if the engy want to come in contact he can, was just wrong on my part ? or why do you guys keep coming with one sentence "just move, fool" arguments ?

The fact that engy might need their snare mine 10x more then their nanodrain mines in most case is a valid reason, as long as i m assured such nano wipe happens once in a blue moon, i m fine, really. Just be carefull it stay there, or tone down this mine so it the possibility isn t there. Or give NT tool to refill pool. Coming with argument like "don't come to toe to toe with the engy" is mostly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    I hate this teleports when I am on eng, but I use them when I fight pet professions on my nt.
    As eng you must zonining and then your pets can hurt him, but I like 3 high blocks in front of teleporters it is sure

So whatever i said to shows moving isn't always available, and that if the engy want to come in contact he can, was just wrong on my part ? or why do you guys keep coming with one sentence "just move, fool" arguments ?
    If moving isnt available, then your screwed. A NT shouldnt be able to stand toe to toe vs a engi imo.
    Yet as a NT what you say happends about once every 100 battlestation as...
    1) No NT uses NSII vs a engi and if he does, the odds that the engi has mines on cooldown is huge.
    2) A smart NT usualy blinds/roots the engi and CC his pets out of LOS.
    3) Even with nano drained, you should still have more than enough survival to get away from the engineer.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

The irony here is that many of us apply the 'just move, fool' argument in how we fight nt's. The kicker here is that the option to 'move' can be taken away by the nt quite easily while the option to run from an engi is almost always available.

Well i just think it can go both ways here, simple. Altho the engy potentially need only 1 second toe to toe to drop his mine. But yeah hiding form a NT as an engy is a valid tactic in a lot of cases too, i think.

Im not sure what uber tricks omni engineers use, but this is how a usualy pvp fight vs a engineer looks like.
    The better geared ones just seems to need another push of a button or 2.

Link
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast