Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engy's nano drain mine. Enough please :P

Engy's nano drain mine. Enough please :P

["#0000000040000001#","System","",1268625510]Your NCU is forced to run Efffect of Engineer Nano Drain Mine...
    ["#0000000040000001#","System","",1268625510]Please wait until previous action has finished.
    ["#0000000040000001#","System","",1268625510]Your NCU is forced to run Efffect of Engineer Nano Drain Mine...

So, yeah, those are the BS specific engy's mine. They apparently kill 50% of your nano in a single hit. 2 mines = 100% instant. 6 minutes recharge i think. Seems to be dropable on a player given the engy is toe to toe with his ennemy, drop it and they explode.

Actually first time i m hit with those, ever. Mechanics are quite unclear to me, i browsed this thread a bit http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show....php?p=5420697 but it is a huge patchwork of in-progress information.

No idea why engies never bothered dropping that on me, there might be a valid reason, makin it hard to use. That or engies are generally ignorant. Enlight me.

Hypothesis : 6 min recharge, dropable on target if you are toe to toe with it, 100% nanopool wipe in a single shot.

Since it isn t on the balancing list, as far as i saw, i tought i might add it. Yeah, NT's PoV. We have had enough with GTH :/

I perfectly understand 6 minutes recharge is long, but that can still have effect in 50% of the fights vs an engy.

Maybe i ll be alone here, or trolled to death, but i tought we was removing iwin buttons all together, so let's not forget any.

Toughts ?

Double takes approx 1k nano to cast...
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Point is more that they insta kill NBG (NT's main defense, if you want, and which is mandatory to survive an engy) / 45K nanopool that takes ages to refill, and all the same {Removed by Venachar: Mind your language.} that GTH does You don't even have time to react versus GTH, since both mines dropped at same second.
    Last edited by Venachar; Mar 23rd, 2010 at 23:42:02.

Well, if its only a prob when nbgd.....dont.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

You mean, not NBG, give up a fight you can't win anymore, try to run away, possibly escape depending how much HP you got left when nanodrain mine hit you, then spend 2 minutes refilling the pool ? Tought we was possibly done with that kind of lame gameplay, once rebalance ll be done.

Or, just dont hug the engineer, the mine drops at the engineers feet so dont go there. You have roots and blinds use them.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

You're right.

6 minutes is far too long lockout.

Bump for 3 minute lockout, and usable anywhere no just in BS.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

How hard is it to root an engi and then not stand at his feet? You don't have to /disco in front of every player you're lolol buttoning.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

This is in no way at all comparable to GTH whatsoever.

I use them occasionally. But generally I prefer snare mine since it usually gets the job done and they're good for 2 fights.

Considering the long lockout and the mines being BS only I don't think they're particularly overpowered...

I tossed on of these on a doc once and I barely noticed any effect on his abilities to heal. Maybe you too should work on your nano regeneration skils?
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    I tossed on of these on a doc once and I barely noticed any effect on his abilities to heal. Maybe you too should work on your nano regeneration skils?
    You need to use both at once. One don't do jack... You're unlikely to kill a doc anyway, they don't need to regen much nano to get a heal off...

As a NT, the engi nanodrain mines has never been an issue.
    The unbreakable snare is something else but ohwell.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Exact situation i was in : NS2 mode (not very cool for engies in the 1st place but you can change on-the-fly).

NS2-ing, which is shooting himself in the foot versus an engy, since NSD + being rooted and taking pets beating is more dmg taken then kiting / standing for a second to spam doubles. NS2 alone doesn t do the trick at all, you takin a ****load of dmg. Consequently, you need NBG or you splat, engy's PvP dmg is truly insane, at least versus a NT. And, no, you can't use NBG, actually. Ciao the nano ^^ This is really choking when it hit a NT, really, i don't get why people can't understand that. We can probably cast again, that is correct, we gonna refill 1K nano very quick, but that still kill a very large part of our defense.

About the "kite him and don't go near his feet, LOL", i ll try in game and tell you how it goes, but some quick paper pvp tells me that :

- Engies last i checked do have snare as well, altho i could understand that in the case they use NSD and Nanodrain mines, they do not. I m quite unclear with engy's toolset.
    - Engies do have a powerfull blind, possibly way better then mine, because i cannot be immune to it (nor remove with alba stim ? need to check), that check 65% Duck, with a reasonnably short recharge. It is just very hard/impossible to kite while blinded.
    - Keeping the engy rooted so that he doesn t come to you isn't possible in most cases, imo, mostly because rooting nerf your damage, and damage breaks root, and you need to reroot, infernal boring spiral, that you can't even afford versus an engy because the pet will catch ya from time to time when you stand still to cast a nano. It does work versus an enfo for other reason, and it still takes a minute 30+ to take an enfo that way.

So, an item that has a 6 min lock, a 2 meters range to land, and wipe 100% of someone nanopooland has no def checki, isn't a tad OP versus a NT ? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    So...you have finally died on your NT for once? You understand that your toolsets do far worse to your opponents right?
    I think my toolset is being reworked. When i die, i would like to be able to say "gf, you did it well" to my opponent, actually, but i just can't when i die for such a tool. Same goes for 1he/1hb chain stuns/fear \n OUPS ! ZERGED !, GTH, and lot other.

I rather use snare auras around cap points, it is more fun, but 2 mines arent enough
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I was talking about chem blindness perk actually. And engy do deal insane amount of dmg to NT as well.

Point is, it might not be an issue if you do need snare mines lot more then you need nanodrain ones. But come on, when it drops, it is stupid, that's all.

Ll let you know if i see an other engy dropping it on me before 2 months tho, but the simple possibility that it is here is frustrating.

It is just a tiny adjustment that i d like to see done, like the other thousands tiny adjustments that need to be done there and there. I ll be the first one to ask for better defense to OP's NT stuff in a lot of case. I just want fun and fair fights, as much as possible, both ways.

It's once every six minutes at most, and it can easily be avoided by.... thinking, rather than going into hecklarz mode spamming nukes.

Yes, lets nerf pet professions even more, they are clearly overpowered. Oh, wait... They aren't.

Why do you think you should be up close and personal with anyone, as a NT?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    It's once every six minutes at most, and it can easily be avoided by.... thinking, rather than going into hecklarz mode spamming nukes.
    Actually, i really need to meet more engies dropping it on me whenver they can, to be able to say that. But that doesn't sound so easy to me, given the engy is willing to use it. I tend to think most engies doesn't know how to play, too, and i m worried that if they would know they could overuse this. Basing such opinions on the fact that, for instance, almost no engy do use this unresistable 65% duck blind perk, despite the fact it is a strong /win factor coupled with kite and LoS abuse, so that the blinded guy can't effectivly /follow and open LoS to shoot/nuke, w/e. Only one engy does that, as far as i saw on rK1, think is Alco, not too sure. Sterva, being opi, overuse the opi blind as well, and it is the reason fights versus him are not as laughable as versus any other random crat. Blind + pet profession + AS is ftw, i hope it is clear enough to see that.

That said, don't nerf it if you want, give NT a way to refill their pool to 100% ^^.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast