Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I need some clarity on the name cleanup. I still havent recieved any email about it so i cant make use of the 5$ offer which i planned to do to make sure i dont loose any of my names, but since i havent recieved any mail does that mean none of my chars are in danger, or did FC simply skip me for some reason? :P
    Halp me Means
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    why does RK2 even exist any more? their just plain isnt enough people their and 20 220 accounts is a pretty big blow

server transfer to rk1 from rk2, pretty please with a atrox head on top.
    ill challange you to a game of bob the builder... TO THE DEATH!!! for it
    Try to zone out of ICC, you will find there are many players.

Or try to just take your "only 220s are real players" glasses off.

As for the engine work, once they finish updating their tools, using the Borealis zone, the tools should be 95% ready to go. What he is talking about the devs/artists ability to create -new- content within the framework of the new engine. The engine works fine now, but they can't add new content until their suite of tools works properly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Some info about BR on test atm:

It lasts 10 sec.
    It has 60 sec cooldown.
    It can be cast on anyone that has 1% melee reflect or higher.
    It debuffs 12% reflect on someone that has rrfe (30% reflect) running.
    It debuffs 15% on someone that has 60% reflect running.

BR Overwrites smaller reflects in the traders ncu (if the trader gets 18 from BR for example, it will cancel any lower reflects in the traders NCU).
    BR positive effect lasts 10 min on trader.

BR doesn't stack with other reflects in the traders NCU like rrfe and such but BR will not cancel reflects either unless BR buffs more than the reflect the trader already has. So rrfe will never be canceled by using BR as rrfe gives more reflect than BR does.

It does add 18 reflect to the trader if the target has rrfe running and the trader doesn't have rrfe.
    balanced.

Does this mean that, in addition to trees and grass, you guys are updating all the textures in popular zones? Maybe even building architecture? How would that affect when the engine gets released?
    Silnumtao 220 Doc
    Sebquantic 150 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Halp me Means
    Dude! Do you have sub level 5 toons you havent used?

Cos Im fairly sure youve been on your higher toons more recently than 2 or 4 years
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutOmner View Post
    Darwin Rocks
    nope, he fails, evolution is more belive then fact.

yO_________________________nOw__
    EngineEngineEngineEngineEngineEngine/ .. . . .........nnnnnoooooOOOOOOOOOOWW
    EngineEngineEngineEngineEngine-------'
    HURRY___3d/
    URRYEngine/
    RRY
    RY
    Y:

Ok, seriously.. what's up with this 5$/EUR for a month offer for returning players?
    I got e-mail about it, but none of my accounts have that option (Yes, I remember all my accounts, checked all of them).
    Some people never got this e-mail even if they think they have accounts/characters that will be affected by name cleanup.
    Contacted account@ bout it, didn't get any smarter..
    To take this offer, log into your account at register.funcom.com and
    click on "Upgrade my Subscription." You will see the offer on this page
    if you are eligible.
    So I'm not eligible I guess? Why offer this then? What about people that are eligible but never got any word about that offer?

This is 2-nd time I get some pointless bla bla or false advertising (against law where I live BTW) in FC e-mail.
    Last edited by Suicidal; Mar 12th, 2010 at 23:49:13.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    nope, he fails, evolution is more belive then fact.
    Just like all the other "answers" found through religion, so nothing new really.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Dude! Do you have sub level 5 toons you havent used?

Cos Im fairly sure youve been on your higher toons more recently than 2 or 4 years
    No my solider, crat and keeper are safe, but im abit worried about my fixer and NT's
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=571324

the info on the 5$ and name stuff. If you dont have anything directly in that list I suggest sending a PM to Kintaii or Means before the 16th.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

It's a bad sign that two of the Dev's are in the first 5 posts and one is the 2nd post.

R.I.P.
    Justin "Juice" Rodriguez
    1974 - 2009

IDK about that
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Definitely looking forward to facing the Collector on slightly more fair terms

It's fun!
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    Definitely looking forward to facing the Collector on slightly more fair terms

It's fun!
    well that sounds intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Quick note:

Borealis (the first playfield we are completely updating to new standards), chosen for the fact that it makes use of pretty much all new features (grass, water, light, bump-mapping etc) and hopefully (no promises no promises!!!) we can show it soon.
    So does this mean when your done pen wont have holes all over the place and bad clipping issues? [still.com?]
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

{post edited by Anarrina: that was really unnecessary}

server transfer to rk1 from rk2, pretty please with a atrox head on top.
    ill challange you to a game of bob the builder... TO THE DEATH!!! for it
    No, not a transfer. A merger on equal terms. But wont happen for at least one reason: they certainly hope that the new engine and subsequent advertising campaign will revive the game - nothing would make them look worse than an overpopulated and thus bad performing single server and no easy way to remedy the situation since they cant balance load by directing the inevitable stream of new subscribers to a less populated server... or so they think.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 13th, 2010 at 14:48:56.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Theotus View Post
    So does this mean when your done pen wont have holes all over the place and bad clipping issues?
    No, because they obviously added these holes just for your benefit.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Removed.
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2010 at 13:00:11. Reason: pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xealys View Post
    You seriously think FC will spend money for an AO advertising? lol...
    ain't gonna happen.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast