Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (un)Official AO Spotify Playlist!

Reminds me of Pandora, used to listen to it all the time before they locked it to US
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Funcom employee

Yeah, Pandora was pretty awesome (and still is, but hey - I can't use it anymore ><). Spotify is really similar, except it removes the whole 'random' factor - You can search for and play whatever tracks you want, instead of just going for the whole "this is similar to X artist" random playlists. They have that option as well, but it's still nice to be able to actually pick 'n choose what you listen to.

Props to the guys adding in music - Some awesome stuff in there so far. MOAR!!1! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Props to the guys adding in music - Some awesome stuff in there so far. MOAR!!1! =D
    I got to agree, damn awesome! I really liked that someone added "Never gonna give you up" ;P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Can I get a t-shirt now?

Edit: Playlist dinged 200
    Last edited by Silverish; Mar 15th, 2010 at 14:16:51.
    Trexremacy - 16/2 - E
    [Means]: this huge group of dancing troxes has to be the gayest moment in AO history
    [Means]: fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Silverish View Post
    Can I get a t-shirt now?

Edit: Playlist dinged 200
    I knew you'd been in it when I looked at it
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    I knew you'd been in it when I looked at it
    Likewise.. Biffy Clyro - Mountains told me you were there too
    Trexremacy - 16/2 - E
    [Means]: this huge group of dancing troxes has to be the gayest moment in AO history

Quote Originally Posted by Silverish View Post
    Likewise.. Biffy Clyro - Mountains told me you were there too
    Wasn't me!

Haven't added anything yet
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    wasn't me!

Haven't added anything yet
    pffffft!
    Trexremacy - 16/2 - E

Yes they are, to the point that several major record labels are controlling shareholders in the company (in case the phrasing of the post confused you, Xyphos was being sarcastic and in no way factual). You can read about the service on the Wikipedia page linked in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I had to read a lot from 5 different sources in order to get a good overview of what Spotify really is and how it really works. I STILL haven't found all the info I need, which is just silly and slightly worrying.. but at least it seems like they are trying to go the legal route. So that's good.

I shall get off my warhorse then.. for now
    Whether it's really good for the artist or just the record companies (who are involved in owning Spotify, hence they don't care because they make the money anyway) this link containing Lady Gaga's income from Spotify should go to show what you can make as an artist.

Another band here in Finland stated that Spotify pays the artist 30 Euro cents per 100 album plays. Note that it is album plays, not single track plays. You can go and divide this figure up with 6 guys in a band and see where you can go to.

How can this kind of payout scheme be possible? The record companies are involved, somehow making their money, because they wouldn't let it happen otherwise. The artists seem to be the ones holding the short end of the stick. But then again, the purpose of copyright control these days seems to be taking care of the compensation for the corporation (Mickey Mouse et al are still making money for Walt, make that the corp) and not the "starving artist".

By the way. I have a Spotify account too. I still buy lots of records. Spotify is a great place to share music you love with other people, and thus discover new bands. A non-premium account has audible limitations in the sounds but what do you expect. It's great in work, too since you don't have to lug your collection of CDs or transfer them all to your mp3 player or whatever. I still wish the artist would make a buck as well.

Maybe I'll add a few songs to your list. Hope you're into rock music. \m/

Edit: Spotify works by using their servers as the main transfer channel but uses p2p technology to ease the load and transfer the music from other listeners as well. This means you will use up some extra bandwidth of your own.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Mar 16th, 2010 at 21:45:56.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Funcom employee

I will bump this, because Spotify is still awesome and more people should add stuff to the AO playlist!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

BuMPaGe! Added couple songs.

Also added a couple of songs, really interested to see what everyone else is listening to at the moment, so far the majority show exquisite taste.

I can't more then agree, great music so far!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

how do i get that /np for spotify?

Spreading the werd for awesomeness. Bumpage!

From what I read of it it seems kinda wonky in general.

I guess I'll be sticking to shivering timbers.
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Wonky? Spotify is the best thing that's happened to the music industry since music!

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (spotify) isn't associated with any program.

Gave up here.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

http://www.spotify.com/

Only a few countries are supported by Spotify though...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast