Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weary empath

weary empath

who is this person and what does she drop?

i met her, she was level 125, i was level 204, i attacked her and she kicked my butt... does she drop anything nice, or is she just a quest person of some sort?

quest PB for Clan Ocra garden/Sanctuary quest at least, drops a cloth u have to show next NPC with (she drops it if ya talk to her, and not kill her)

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie
    quest PB for Clan Ocra garden/Sanctuary quest at least, drops a cloth u have to show next NPC with (she drops it if ya talk to her, and not kill her)

okidoki, thank you

now i wonder what she drops if i bring some friends and kill her... >

Just the same cloth that Clans get from talking to her drops, but be my guest, go wack her.
    heres the drop, careful bout the smell Old piece of cloth sparkling with notum

Vickie
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."

Just the same cloth that Clans get from talking to her drops, but be my guest, go wack her.
    heres the drop, careful bout the smell Old piece of cloth sparkling with notum

yikes! old clammers undies... id rather not loot that

what's it used for btw?

It's for the garden/sanct keys.

She is rather powerful for her level.

Once she is spawned (as like a normal pocket boss at an incarnator), she does not despawn for quite some time. More than likely, if she was there when you got there, the situation is more than likely one of two things.

A person/team had spawned her for their Scheol garden key. If they were Omni who have to kill her for the cloth, then they may have been wiped out before they could take her down. If they were clan, then they left her to despawn after they talked to her and got the cloth.

The other situation is that someone had spawned her for their sanctuary key quest (she has to be spawned for both keys if you are Omni - not sure about clan). It is part of the quest to spawn her, target her, then run back to the temple and up to near Ergo before returning to take her out. If you see an empath wandering around, it is usually a good to just avoid her and move on. Someone could have spawned her for a sanctuary key and may be on their way back there shortly, so rather than taking her out possibly causing someone a mid-quest headache, just leave her be.

As for loot, unlike other regular pocket bosses, she only drops quest specific items, so killing her is even less worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemax
    Just because you *can* do it, doesn't make it the bright thing to do.

She needs to be spawned twice for the Clan Sanctuary Quest, yes, in addition to the spawn for the Garden Quest.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Which is really screwed up considering the abominal droprate from unredeemed mobs compared to redeemed mobs.

Yeah, gotta make a deal with a nearby Omni or be prepared to have loads of faction to regain... Or waste hours and hours, ofc
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

The redeemed drop on the empath is higher then the unredeemed???!!!! Thats just wrong in so many ways.

Well, the drop rate may be off, but at least clanners get off easy an only have to talk to her. Omnis have to wipe her out, and unless you have a couple high level friends, she may be a bit tough to handle when you're actually in Scheol at a reasonable level (100-130 or so).

We have to kill omega Miller for sanct key

Yeah, but the sanctuary key is not as critical as the garden key. You can just bypass the sanc key and come back later. The garden key is more fundamental (unless you're one of those people who likes running from the Jobe portal in Ely all the way to Adonis because getting keys is a waste of time ).

Quote Originally Posted by Brittni
    Yeah, but the sanctuary key is not as critical as the garden key. You can just bypass the sanc key and come back later. The garden key is more fundamental (unless you're one of those people who likes running from the Jobe portal in Ely all the way to Adonis because getting keys is a waste of time ).
    geta adonis key, and dont run is an option here too :P

anyay, done the clan garden quest prolly 6 or 8 times with various toons, and last times i did so, Weary Empath /redeemed NPC's got bugged, and quest icon terminated with out any follow up. This called for a GM reinburst of the pattern/mission.
    on a side not, Weary empath dont "hang around" after doin clan sided quest. she despawns after yar convo with her is done.

Vickie
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

geta adonis key, and dont run is an option here too :P
    And you propose to do that without running through Scheol at least once ... HOW, again? By getting an insignia, saving in garden, warping out to ... whatever that place up north is called, and running from there? That's missing out on an entire zone.

i completely agree, Vickie. i'm personally a huge fan of the garden keys, but have known several players who insisted on skipping the quest and every time they wanted to get back to Adonis, they would take the Jobe portal to Ely and run all the way back to Adonis... but everyone has their way of playing the game.

The main point of my previous post was referring to someone who commented that they had to kill the omega for the sanctuary key. For Omni, we have to kill the weary empath for both the garden and sanctuary. Whereas, clan only have to talk to her for their garden key. The difficulty of the sanctuary key is stepped up for the clan, but not so much since we've already had to take her down once previously. She is a rather formidable opponent and not possible to take down by an Omni in their 110s (unless they had high level friends to help) when the average clanner would be able to walk up, talk to her and finish off their garden key.

In regards to the original poster, unless you are a clan person and talk to her to make her despawn, she will remain for a while. This is mainly because in order to do the sanctuary key quest, you have to spawn her, target her, then run back to the garden, then to the temple, then up to ergo, then finally back to the incarnator to take her down. So if an Omni spawned her and either got killed (trying to kill her for garden quest) or they are doing to running for the sanctuary, she will stay spawned for about 20 minutes or so.

I was in Adonis underwater static dungeon last night... had to kill my way to eradicus because of the rediculous lag I was getting from trains when i tried to blitz through

Anyway, for what it's worth, a couple of pattern pieces for the empath dropped for me from the sided redeemed mobs on the upper levels. Drop rate was OK; and sure was more fun than pattern farming at the temple in Scheol.

Mind you, by the time this is easy, not really going to need a Scheol key unless it is for friends or Alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg
    And you propose to do that without running through Scheol at least once ... HOW, again? By getting an insignia, saving in garden, warping out to ... whatever that place up north is called, and running from there? That's missing out on an entire zone.

well, id didnt say anything bout one time only (mark: all my alts have scheol keys, cuz i am one of the few who adores the zone) i just pointed out get Ado key, if ya dont like scheol, and use keys to go from zone to zone, and hey, at least for clans, its like45 sec run to egro from ely garden (So i say aprox 1 min to scheol)from the divine stone (clan one) if ya need som thing in scheol. so thats the option 90% of the gamers use, since scheol dont drop any significant, and people hate camping for patterns for that quest.

Vickie
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

Quote Originally Posted by Brittni
    She is rather powerful for her level.

Once she is spawned (as like a normal pocket boss at an incarnator), she does not despawn for quite some time. More than likely, if she was there when you got there, the situation is more than likely one of two things.

A person/team had spawned her for their Scheol garden key. If they were Omni who have to kill her for the cloth, then they may have been wiped out before they could take her down. If they were clan, then they left her to despawn after they talked to her and got the cloth.

The other situation is that someone had spawned her for their sanctuary key quest (she has to be spawned for both keys if you are Omni - not sure about clan). It is part of the quest to spawn her, target her, then run back to the temple and up to near Ergo before returning to take her out. If you see an empath wandering around, it is usually a good to just avoid her and move on. Someone could have spawned her for a sanctuary key and may be on their way back there shortly, so rather than taking her out possibly causing someone a mid-quest headache, just leave her be.

As for loot, unlike other regular pocket bosses, she only drops quest specific items, so killing her is even less worthwhile.

I ran into her last night, was standing near chimeras... she was pretty easy to take for me ( lol granted I wasn't taking the beating ) but nice slaps for 800-900.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast