Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 5th, 2010 - It isn't a sprint.

nice tractor. can you make my GF love AO?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    can you make my GF love AO?
    I've been trying for a while now to get my wife to play games with me on the PC, she loves playing New super mario brothers and a bunch of the racing games on the Wii but I keep getting "I just hate sitting in front of the computer for long." Makes me a very sad panda.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

great BR change. overwriting will prevent traders from having 55 reflect all the time stop qq about it
    and oh. using br its meant to weaken ur target not making u OP.
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

now im thinkin of what the vehicle is in penumbra - a downed ship of some kind - only thing i think of is near or inside the pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    you should paint your tractor green and put some flames on it, and a AO logo ofc ;p
    OMG Kyr'Ozch Tractor?

Valmet > Massey Ferguson.

In before the Czech and their Zetors.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Couldn't you simply put the parts of the buffs in stacking order so that they only overwrite lesser reflect boosts? -.-
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    and oh. using br its meant to weaken ur target not making u OP.
    You see, the problem is, this BR actually weakens the trader for 80% of the time instead.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    You see, the problem is, this BR actually weakens the trader for 80% of the time instead.
    You would have said 10%, then maybe, but 80%?

Retract while it's still time ^^.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Then only use it for 20% of the time instead of mindlessly spamming it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Then only use it for 20% of the time instead of mindlessly spamming it.
    You mean only use it on soldiers that have AMS up?
    And then ask another soldier for a new rrfe once BR ends. >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

ROFL @ the new "proposed" BR changes again. Ofcourse all the Soldiers love it, I mean their 82% AMS still will provide 62% reflects after BR.

I will admit, its a novel idea but why not let it debuff more? Even if it gives the same amount back to the trader? As it stands right now, its not going to be used at all... There is no benefit to using it and it only is more of a hindrance to the trader. Losing 50mins of a buff for only minimal impact on the target is pointless.

Come on FC, put some more thought into this and make it right. Make it completely strip RRFE off others and at least take around 1/2 the reflects from an AMS'ing (AMS5) soldier. Have it grant an extra 10% reflects that stacks with RRFE or other existing reflects on the trader capped @ 40% total. So worst case the Soldier losses 40% reflects for 10 secs and the trader gets 40% reflects for 1 min. AMS will still get 1min10 secs @ 82% and its "nemesis" enough to strip RRFE from everyone else for 10 secs.

Target Reflects%.......Debuff.........Buff
    1-35..........................30%.............3%
    36-50........................35%.............6%
    51-82........................40%.............10%

Some things to think about:

Any profession with only RRFE will lose all their reflects for 10secs. The trader only gains 3% reflects for 1 min. Not too bad imo.
    Soldiers using TMS X will have 35% reflects for 10 secs, then full 75% reflects for the remaining time. Traders will have a full 40% reflects for 1min.
    Soldiers using AMS V will have 42% reflects for 10 secs, then full 82% for the remainder. Traders will still be capped @ 40% for 1min.
    And of course you can not go negative on reflects lol.

This way there is still incentive to use it on TMS/AMS Soldiers like was originally intended but not completely crippling them nor making Traders "GOD" for 30 secs.

Slap a 1min CD on this nano so it isn't spammed and we are in business.
    Last edited by dsmtrader01; Mar 6th, 2010 at 13:59:28.

I got the disappointment about the debuff duration, the weird scaling of reflect buffed/debuffed, practical situation that would require the cast that might be rare, and the unknown data about the cast time / NR check which is still crucial to know if it ll join the garbage nano pile or not (in current state, the only viable way fro cast/NR check imo is 0.1 sec cast / 50% nr check).

I don't understand exactly the debate aout the duration of the buff, tho ? You are supposed to cast it again before that the 10 minute ends, which will refresh the buff componenet on yourself ? Can't seem that bad ? You allrdy have to refresh your drain no ? You may have to "hunt" for reflect buffed target on a regular basis, which sounds fun ?

It is a bit hard to understand the reasoning behind the new Borrow Reflect. Most of all the durations are off.

While the debuffed amounts of reflect are sorta understadable or even a bit on the low side in the high end, wouldn't an easier solution be to assume that the trader will most likely have some reflects already running, and not mess with that, but rather make the received benefit on the trader much smaller, with smaller duration too.

Something like: An AMS'd soldier will lose 30 to 40% of reflect, the trader will gain 10 to 20 % of reflect - duration low, like 20 seconds for both debuff and buff. Someone with RRFE would lose say, half of its effectiviness while the trader would gain 5 to 10 % of reflect. If the numbers sound low, the duration could be increased like up to 30 seconds.

This way the nano would always be a benefit, though traders already complain about having to cast too much stuff mid fight. Still, it'd be both a defensive boost, offensive boost and also would not mess with RRFE running on trader and such.

Edit: Somewhat similar solution a couple of posts up but in my opinion the debuff sounds a bit short term while the buff still sounds a bit too long term.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Would still like to know weither or not this char whipe is about active accounts (as previous announcements have suggested) or about inactive charracters.

Also, did you folks think of inactive GM/ARK names that may be abused if they get purged?

From the info we have gotten on forum it is character based name wipe and not account. So that means log in all your alts or lose the name on that alt. As I understand it anyway. Maybe Funcom assumed everyone who got the email would want to log in each of their alts to see how they were doing when reactivating accounts which is why it seems to be worded a bit different.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

The tractor in that setting and the house in the back there look very familiar....
    If someone knocks on your door sometime soon and tell you to nerf advs, dont shoot please
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Also, did you folks think of inactive GM/ARK names that may be abused if they get purged?
    I would suspect that they wont be freed up, based on existing GM/ARK names being excluded from the name database.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

hmmm I read that some mail was send out about inactive accounts, but I didnt get any mail, even though I have 1 inactive 1 active account and 6 or so froob accounts.

So there was no way for me to know that the character wipe was going to happen this monday if org members didnt warn me about it or if I happen to have read this thread.

Isnt it a bit short notice? "hey we are deleting all old lvl 5's in 2 days!"

for example for people who were on vacation, they problably wont be able to preserve their lvl1 mule accounts maybe? (though ofcourse you can say you wont not log your mules for over a year, but what about people who were on ao break but planning on coming back?) I mean character names arent really a problem imho but for your lowlevel froob alts that ppl use to store their stuff on is may pose a problem.

I wonder how many items that no longer drops like pioneer backpack/lowlight targetting scopes will be gone for good?
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast