Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Noob76 View Post
    The nemesis nanos were a bad idea from the start, I think that's obvious to everyone by now.
    They were not needed and they are by definition designed to let one class own another.

This ^^ And it was obvious before they even hit live.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

BR is a good idea but it won't do the job because :
    - Once again teamng with a sold will be a downer as there is idio... nice people who will whine for 23% reflects only.
    - It still doesn't help for pvm and leveling traders, and if a solution is added, such nano+BR will be overkill.

IMO BR should start from 10% reflect and remove an amount depending of what the target have (-10% at 10-19, -20% at 20-29, -30 at >30). That way we can go easy and get our RRFE knowing we can't have better by getting less (in fact PNS would leave you 8%)
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I completely agree on AMS having a 10 minute lockout as well.
    Np if I get:

Heals
    Roots
    AOE roots
    Drains
    Chemical blindness
    AAO debuffs
    aad debuffs
    shutdown skills
    stuns
    nanobot def
    access to mulitple symb types
    second best AS in game.
    Last edited by Noob76; Feb 27th, 2010 at 16:51:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    BR is a good idea but it won't do the job because :
    - Once again teamng with a sold will be a downer as there is idio... nice people who will whine for 23% reflects only.
    - It still doesn't help for pvm and leveling traders, and if a solution is added, such nano+BR will be overkill.

IMO BR should start from 10% reflect and remove an amount depending of what the target have (-10% at 10-19, -20% at 20-29, -30 at >30). That way we can go easy and get our RRFE knowing we can't have better by getting less (in fact PNS would leave you 8%)
    it should be less than 30 or 28(top soldier aura), so people have still have small reason to receive rrfe/not cancel rrfe when they on sight of a trader. :P

Just curious, if my understanding is right....if it is having no local cooldown, it seems that having 2 flagged teammates next to you grants u a permanent 60% reflect. Pretty useful in PvM tanking raid :P Can BR be work like this in PvM?
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    Wooohoooo no more "RRFE pls" in BS.

All together now !!! woooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yes, you will get "LRFE pls" instead.

So now im gonna see this in ncu while flagged:

Randomclansold executes Reactive Reflective Shield (Extended) in your NCU.
    Randomclantrader forces your NCU to run Borrow Reflect.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Woaaaah.. nice pic. The new engine is looking better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This was the first version of these changes to BR and GTH that were OBVIOUSLY meant to generate discussion. There has been a great deal of supportive and constructive feedback in this thread that will help make sure that the versions of BR and GTH that are actually patched to live will be as they should be from our perspective AND the playerbase's.
    I've said this before but if you really want to know what the players think about anything you need to talk to them, not just those on the forums. The forums tend to just get you more of the same from a loud minority. Look at BSs, from the forum chatter by the loud minority now and back before LE you'd think PvP was a critical part of the game that about everyone was rabid about. Then BSs pop in game but the silent majority couldn't care less and would rather not go in. So BSs have never run very well at all with some perhaps never running properly even once in the last three plus years. Yet the loud minority here on the forums keep asking for more PvP content which will surely work just as well as all the other PvP content in the game now, which is rather poorly.

Continuing to get all your info from the loud minority on the forums will get you more of the same which may be catering to the loud minority while the silent majority becomes more unhappy then proceeds to quit. Look at the game population, it's hardly that stellar so you really can't afford more of the same.

Instead of trying with the forums which apparently don't work and can get you advice from even those that have long since quit with no intentions of ever returning you need to talk to the people playing the game and as many as possible. Add log-in window surveys, something in game using the interactive billboards I don't remember ever being able to interact with or have devs drop by to live servers now and then. Talk to those actually playing the game, not just the forum community.

if the idea behind it was to nerf people getting rrfe then go bump my thrad about rrfe made self only on thr balance forums (clearly lower ones too)

just like noobius said, nobody EVER liked the nemesis nanos, only people with the good ones did obviously

ill throw it out again, my BR suggestion is a -50% chemical reflect and +50% chem reflect on the trader

the problem with nemesis nanos is they usually make or break the fight and makes others sitting ducks for -everyone- else

i mean other than say traders and NTs, is anyone HAPPY with nemesis nanos?

id only accept this new BR if soldiers got a -300 dodge nano :P but then again, once again, would just mean handing out iwin nanos to everyone, we dont WANT iwin nanos, how is this so hard to understand?

whatever happened to having to be half decent in pvp to matter? not just cast the right nano and bam, all done.

it dosnt affect me much but the new GTH is also a joke, no nano in 7 seconds? then 8 more with no nano? yeah thats not gonna get a doc killed in mass pvp at all...its much better :s

"i mean other than say traders and NTs, is anyone HAPPY with nemesis nanos?"

About NT, if you talk about the one we use versus Enfos, i don't think it makes us win the fight alone. It is one of the pretty balanced one, w/o it, you prolly can't win at all, with it, it makes for a fair fight, approx.

If you talk bout LE nukes and the like .. . ok.

This was the first version of these changes to BR and GTH that were OBVIOUSLY meant to generate discussion. There has been a great deal of supportive and constructive feedback in this thread that will help make sure that the versions of BR and GTH that are actually patched to live will be as they should be from our perspective AND the playerbase's.

We do not think these are "done"...I'm sorry if anyone got that impression.
    Why not listen to the community as you did with orbital strike? It took you 3 years and multiple nerfs.

But when you finally did what the community asked ppl were happy.

The nemesis nanos were a bad idea from the start, I think that's obvious to everyone by now.
    They were not needed and they are by definition designed to let one class own another.
    They are very opposite of balance . They were also extremely imbalanced among themselves.

So let's remove them completely instead of trying to band aid something that was wrong from the start.

Have the developers even considered this option? Just like other stuff has come and gone through the past, so should the nemesis nanos. The whole concept was doomed from the beginning, since it brings no balance into a fight and ignores all the skill of the combatants.

The developers should face, that peoples ability to utilize their class should be the deciding factor in PvP and not the access to a specific nano. Why should someone who's never PvPed on their toon before be able to completely debilitate an opponent, who's spent countless hours PvPing with the press of a single button.

Let's please throw away stone-paper-scissors-PvP.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    we dont WANT iwin nanos, how is this so hard to understand?
    THIS

Remove ALL the nemesis class nanos.
    Remove GTH
    Remove RI
    Adjust LE nukes

Do that and you'll be light years closer to "balance" than all the combined ideas you've come with so far. And this should cost next to nothing. And it would actually make me reactivate my accounts instantly.

Attached Images
    peek.jpg (117.4 KB, 1683 views)
    Since no one else has asked it, are both suns in perfect alignment for that screenshot?

I only see one set of shadows. The lighting & shadows look really good, but there is only one set.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

What about CB?

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    "i mean other than say traders and NTs, is anyone HAPPY with nemesis nanos?"

About NT, if you talk about the one we use versus Enfos, i don't think it makes us win the fight alone. It is one of the pretty balanced one, w/o it, you prolly can't win at all, with it, it makes for a fair fight, approx.

If you talk bout LE nukes and the like .. . ok.

fact is its useful, you like it and use it, 90% of us dont even have our nemesis nanos on hotbars

the one shades got dont help win the fight, it is 100% used to piss keepers off and make them leave BS

the one we got on sold cant even be more useless than it is, we cant cast most of the time and shade can still perk us and the dmg is from perks, once again doing nothing at all

the fact that only a handful of people get to use theirs only puts us even more far away from balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannystk View Post
    What about CB?
    They should take a look at all parts of the game. Just as they are claiming to do. I just listed a few obvious ones. There is more ofcourse.

Seriously Means, remove all the nemesis nanos and GTH from the game. They just arent working as you thought they would. They annoy people way too much and no one other than traders would be ticked off

I'm glad FC is finally doing something to balance MP NSD nanos. That 10 sec immunity fix is the right step forward.

Keep up the good work.

60% reflects with zero penalty, against ANY prof, from level 100 to 220.

Balanced?
    Where did I say it was balanced? Nowhere. I said what it currently is, mentioned it was an improvement, then made a suggestion for it being closer to balanced.

It's also pretty obvious that it will receive a lockout and not be castable from early levels like it is now. The options are to identify the problems, and suggest solutions, or piss and moan in anger. Only one of those two options is going to make things better, and it certainly isn't the second one.

Although if you want my personal opinion, I don't see how this nano can ever be balanced. FC should just admit the nemesis nanos, as implemented, are a mistake, and either make entirely new ones or scrap them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Where did I say it was balanced? Nowhere. I said what it currently is, mentioned it was an improvement, then made a suggestion for it being closer to balanced.
    The "new" BR is worse than the old. But that's my opinion.

It's also pretty obvious that it will receive a lockout and not be castable from early levels like it is now. The options are to identify the problems, and suggest solutions, or piss and moan in anger. Only one of those two options is going to make things better, and it certainly isn't the second one..
    Ppl have suggested changes for years now in a very civilized manner. And we have during the rebalancing act as well. Forgive me if I a not entirely positive when they come up with a BR that will actually be worse for me. Not only for my soldier but for all my toons.

Although if you want my personal opinion, I don't see how this nano can ever be balanced. FC should just admit the nemesis nanos, as implemented, are a mistake, and either make entirely new ones or scrap them.
    That's what I think too. I'm hoping enough ppl will voice their opinions about this and perhaps they will listen.
    Last edited by Noob76; Feb 27th, 2010 at 18:11:55.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast