Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    Hey, you will get rid of 60% reflect SoZ users at least.
    won't argue there.

heres an idea for BR. Make the nano simply remove anyones reflects by 3/4 or 1/3, regardless of the percent and giving trader 20-30%% reflect while wiping any other reflects currently running on trader. even though BR wouldn't per say be a true nemesis nano, while being useful against everyone, It wouldn't give trader God-mode or 60% and it wouldn't leave solder completely defenseless.

of course there may be other factors I haven't thought of here, but its an idea.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Feb 26th, 2010 at 23:19:02. Reason: bad grammer
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Very nice screenshot, like others have said "I can't wait!".

As for the nemesis nano changes, it's better than before with GTH. But as for BR, meh thats all I can pretty much muster up atm when thinking of the level ranges this nano is used in.

With the redesign of all nemesis nanos I would like to point to the following thread -> The Future of Nemesis Nanos.

Is it your intention that only traders reap both a debuff + buff out of thier nemesis nanos? Or can all professions expect to receive the same treatment, that of dual functionality with thier nemesis nanos just like traders now/still are enjoying with GTH/BR.

I'm of the crowd that would like to see less debuffs, see nemesis nanos a thing of the past. But if we are going with this concept of more debuffs... Can we expect to see some equal/fair treatment? Traders aren't really a profession struggling in pvp. Yet they can reap benefits of both a debuff + buff in thier nemesis line...

Just doesn't seem right, with a profession that is already very strong in pvp. Compared to the rest of the professions.
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Feb 26th, 2010 at 23:27:05. Reason: because I edited the thread title in Balance forum

u gotta be kidding ... BR will be usable on ANY target? thats a big ROFL and all my hopes that devs know what they do totally gone

so now trader is EVERYONE'S nemesis. not just sold lol?
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    u gotta be kidding ... BR will be usable on ANY target? thats a big ROFL and all my hopes that devs know what they do totally gone

You're saying everyone runs around with RRFE and it's all that stands between them and certain death to a trader?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I doubt someone will care for those 15secs w/o reflects not to use reflects rest of the time. From 100% reflect with longer duration to small bonus and people still cry, the horror!
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    So nothing has changed then...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Very nice screenshot, like others have said "I can't wait!".

As for the nemesis nano changes, it's better than before with GTH. But as for BR, meh thats all I can pretty much muster up atm when thinking of the level ranges this nano is used in.

With the redesign of all nemesis nanos I would like to point to the following thread -> The Future of Nemesis Nanos.

Is it your intention that only traders reap both a debuff + buff out of thier nemesis nanos? Or can all professions expect to receive the same treatment, that of dual functionality with thier nemesis nanos just like traders now/still are enjoying with GTH/BR.

I'm of the crowd that would like to see less debuffs, see nemesis nanos a thing of the past. But if we are going with this concept of more debuffs... Can we expect to see some equal/fair treatment? Traders aren't really a profession struggling in pvp. Yet they can reap benefits of both a debuff + buff in thier nemesis line...

Just doesn't seem right, with a profession that is already very strong in pvp. Compared to the rest of the professions.
    won't argue with the fact that BR & GTH are OP as is.

but, seeing as how the very description of a trader in combat = debuff enemy + buff self, which most of traders combat toolset implements (drains, AC drains, AAD/AAO drains, Health Plunder, Tap Vitae, etc.. etc..).

This follows the same pattern that many of traders buffs that they give to others weakens the trader. (except umbral)

I would accept the notion of a BR that acts like abolish, but even then it takes away from what a trader is in this game.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    I doubt someone will care for those 15secs w/o reflects not to use reflects rest of the time. From 100% reflect with longer duration to small bonus and people still cry, the horror!
    It's not so much the 15s without those reflects. It's the 60s that traders will be able to run around with 60% reflects, which they can choose to take from anyone. There is no cooldown on this currently.

Sure people can just opt for 24% or less reflect so they can't be touched by traders BR. Which, is this just a sneaky way the devs want people running with 24% and not 30% in pvp? Sort of a built in 6% nerf to everyone else, besides soldiers?

wtb trader nano called "petty thug" where trader draws x amount of credits from opponents bank over time.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    the hated "nemesis nanos"...with the first two to be adjusted coming to TestLive in today's version: GTH and Borrow Reflect.
    GTH while hated by nano users isn't actually a nemesis nano, just an over the top nano drain which is a nano line traders have had since forever. So maybe the thing to do there is make it just like one of the other nano drain lines (SL added a different type) but just more powerful with a lockout. MAs have something like that from the Pen quest line nanos (which is where GTH comes from while nemesis nanos are LE shop ones) and it seems just fine.

As for the actual nemesis nanos, even if you do make them apply to any prof due to what they do (drain reflects, gimp healing, debuff evades, ect...) they will still hit certain profs far far harder than other profs. Also while GTH is an over the top version of something traders could already do the actual nemesis nanos give each prof a completely new ability. So really maybe the thing to do is to just toss nemesis nanos out entirely and focus on reblance through the adjustment of all the actual tools of the profs for PvM and PvP.

That image looks much too bright if you ask me. It may just be a bad shot where the lighting looked extra heavy but I really didn't like it.

so if BR is to be used on all proffesions and we buff our side mates with reflect a trader will have a constant 60% REFLECT? grats FC on making something even more OP

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    so if BR is to be used on all proffesions and we buff our side mates with reflect a trader will have a constant 60% REFLECT? grats FC on making something even more OP
    I can see enemy soldiers buffing people with RRFE to overwrite lower versions of reflects and thus make the victims viable targets of BR. Harassment here we come!

Borrow Reflect needs to be at most 10% with maybe 20% given to traders, that 20% stacking with RRFE giving traders 50% reflect, while lowering most other people to 20%.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Feb 27th, 2010 at 02:41:57.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I can see enemy soldiers buffing people with RRFE to overwrite lower versions of reflects and thus make the victims viable targets of BR. Harassment here we come!

Borrow Reflect needs to be at most 10% with maybe 20% given to traders, that 20% stacking with RRFE giving traders 50% reflect, while lowering most other people to 20%.
    Pretty much, just like Traders in decon overwriting opposing sides GSF with Quantum Uncertainty buff... Yay, more things like this is exactly what we need I can't help but loose faith, even amoungst all the nice additions we have seen added. One thing winds up looking nice, and helpful for everyones enjoyment, then they add something else to break that spirit....

No thanks, I don't want none of that. Just do it right, and quick messing things up.
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Feb 27th, 2010 at 02:57:04.

I'd like to see the entire engine as of recent in action, new textures and everything, a video of that would be nice!

I couldn't bother reading all the crying but if you are one of the people that thinks -30% reflects for 15 seconds is the end of the world for you, your problem isn't traders, it's that you are a gimp because if RRFe is the only thing between you living and dying, you have something to learn about how to PVP. People PVP without RRFE all the time and manage to kill traders so how is not having -30% reflects for 15 seconds a showstopper for you? or longer, for instance, when you don't have RRFE?
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 27th, 2010 at 03:42:58.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    I'm really impressed with the lighting in that screenshot! Is that using the Enlighten engine from Geomerics? It looks very good at any rate.
    Doubt it very seriously considering FC has AO on a shoestring budget. However, AoC is scheduled to have it implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    People PVP without RRFE all the time :

they really dont mate

and the issue is the gap

two people with rrfe fighting seems fair, then add the new BR, it suddenly becomes 0% reflects vs 60% reflects for the trader, i know you dont see a problem with that, you got a trader.

people can pvp without rrfe, but whats the point when the people you fight got it and you dont, esp in BS where you cant really use the graft since then you cant remove the few debuffs the VS actually removes.

id love to meet your enf without rrfe in BS on an endgame ranged advy when the advy got rrfe, then when you cant put a dent on the advy, he can tell you *learn to play* after you die to capped AS every 11s because you got no reflects.

i will say it again make it cancel rrfe and no trader will ever cast it, but if thats the idea, how about just removing all nemesis nanos from the game, i mean, who WANTS them? (except traders ofc, i know they love them)

i mean i understand FC not wanting to nerf advies because alot of people play them but traders? whats the big idea

right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    I think the BR changes are pretty dumb. All this will result in is everyone running around with <24% reflect to avoid being a target for traders.
    And this is worse than everyone running around with low HP setups to exploit damage caps how?

Or a nano drain that works faster on people who raised psychic to give faster nanodelta tick?

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    Traders have carried the "I WIN" torch for too long, and this may give us a chance to actually win.
    TY

Now what could be done with RI?
    Or Technical Incompetance which is the agents nemesis nano against engineers which has been broken since its inception? -750 to the pet required nanoskillz which has no effect since the pets are set on guard and any aggressive action makes them attack, once the pets attack any OE rule is negated. Therefor making the nano completely useless because even if the pets are OE they arent like weapons and they dont lose damage. WTB Fix, and while we're at it how about fixing the LE Agent ring proc, since its never worked either?

All in all good stuff i see, but we still have some issues.

I will compile a list of other broken/unfinished things one of these days and post it up :P

Pets are rarely on guard unless the engineer is accidently flagged and a PVM noob.

The nano makes pets unresponsive which is a huge boost to the agent.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    it is great to see some light at the end of the tunnel (See image below!)
    Interesting...does this mean there's a possibility that "night vision goggles" will actually become a useful item again? And maybe shades will become required items for some areas?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast