Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Rid of Team Missions

Do not remove anything. Add things. The more choices people have, the better it is for everyone. The more people are forced into playing the way anybody else thinks is 'best', the fewer people will actually play.

The concept of improving an area by nerfing another is not a sound one. It demonstrates a complete lack of originality. In the end, things are improved by making them better, not by making the alternatives worse.

Agree with the above poster completely.

Add more things, dont take away things that people enjoy. The more options, VIABLE, options people have, the more things they will do.

I just went hunting the other day with a group. We were quickly slaughtered by wandering reds many times our level in a good hunting area for our respective levels at the time. Why would i waste time doing this when i can get good steady exp in team missions? People dont like to die, it is basically a waste of game time as you loose all the work you have done to gain exp. The game is already difficult, even before the advent of pets, insta kill bombs, etc . . . . Steadily increasing the difficulty to appease those that have been playing forever will do two things. It will appease a minority, and drive off a majority of new players. I for one would quit entirely if i was forced to hunt outdoors where i face a constant 50/50 chance of loosing my time and efforts. Now, this doesnt mean i dont enjoy hunting outdoors from time to time, but if you force me to play your way, ill take the highway.

And another thing, the posts on killstealing, and other heinous things people do outdoors are right on. The other day, i took my, then, level 29 nt nanomage outdoors to newland desert to kill some rhinomen. I happen upon a good spawn of red and oranges. I begin by calming the red, and then calming the orange so i can get setup to fight the orange. I start fighting the orange monster, get it to about half dead, and a level 20 beauracrat comes by and steals the monster that i am fighting to use as a pet. I ask him what he thinks he is doing, and he says, oh, i thought you were fighting the red, riiiight. But, in this instance, the story has a happy ending. He took the guy i was fighting, and his pet, and sent them to attack the red mob i had calmed. The mob made quick work of his pet and the mob i was fighting and proceeded to stomp him into a mud puddle. It was funny because he started saying TAKE IT! TAKE IT! I laughed as he died. Now, this is a funny example, but a common example in every other mmorpg ive played.

In short, give us more options, dont take away options to satisfy others. And for gods sake, stop increasing the difficulty of the game. You have very little balance in a large majority of the classes. Fix those issues before you break others. One of the great things about this game is the ability to solo, take that away, and ill go to one of your MANY competitors coming out in the short future. And i guarantee you i wont be alone. Thats one of the great things about competition, i have plenty of choices.
    Last edited by Warmaker; Nov 10th, 2002 at 00:02:46.

~refresh button~
    Just digging up an old cause that never got fulfilled.

Vydas said:
    Do not remove anything. Add things. The more choices people have, the better it is for everyone. The more people are forced into playing the way anybody else thinks is 'best', the fewer people will actually play.

The concept of improving an area by nerfing another is not a sound one. It demonstrates a complete lack of originality. In the end, things are improved by making them better, not by making the alternatives worse.
    The decision to either do missions or hunt is one based on comparison. Making one option less attractive or making the other more attractive both have the same net result as far as the decision goes. Right now, the decision is to do missions. One way or another I'd like to see more hunting going on.

More in specific "The more people are forced into playing the way anybody else thinks is 'best', the fewer people will actually play." Exactly, right now everyone thinks missions are the best. If that view was changed by detracting from missions, then less people would be forced to play a certain way. Its all relative.

I support the improvement of the balance between outdoor and indoor teaming, whether that comes from improving things outdoors or detracting from indoors. Preferably from improving things outdoors.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12