Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Low Level Trader(s) Drains

Ya, tl3 is rough sometimes. hell even tl2 is rough.

I do not personally own a tl3 trader...i have a tl2 and a tl4(lvling), but i know what they are capable of. and to lock that drain to tl4+ is kinda rediculous.

as i see it, most the time, traders are keeping enf's in check, along w nt's

too bad that fixer nemises nano for traders cant be done at tl3 or i would use that.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot mention that traders have roots and calms, so when your weapon is at 25%, you are rooted
    Yeah, it all happens at the same time without ever running out of nano, with a single nano cast too.

It's called Divest the Plunder of the Root of the Calm and the Heal, 20 nano cost, insta cast, no recharge.

Must you always come to a battle of wits, unarmed?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Oh and Darkirbiska, you're fooling yourself, or lying, if you're honestly implying that perking NR is solely due to Trader drains and nothing at all to do with crowd control.
    Traders do both, so I guess he is right either way you wanna spin it.
    General of First Order

There's not a lot of CC to really use at TL3, especially given the list of the only professions really played at TL3 that you listed yourself.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Darkirbiska, you're fooling yourself, or lying, if you're honestly implying that perking NR is solely due to Trader drains and nothing at all to do with crowd control.
    i don't want to enter your personal duet with Dark but NR tl2/3 agents were rolled for the specific purpose of countering traders. and only for this purpose ! but with nanite castable @ level 40ish they're useless after the 1st drain landed.
    again, as said, traders got really powerful crowd control including AOE root.

What other professions? Lets look at what PvPs at those levels usually... Traders. Agents, usually NR perked. Enforcers. Keepers, again usually NR perked. MPs Fixers
    also i rarely if not *NEVER* seen a PVP keeper active in low titles. fixers (NR1 -for back recast every 6h- or not) are toast again the 1st gimp trader they cross. enfos and agents (NR2+ or not) greatly crippled as soon any drain landed. MPs are non-existent before high tl3 or even tl4. anyhow the only title were the drain balance become reasonnable to average people AR is tl5 & +.

finally you can turn it the way you want : trader's drain line DO need a control/limit in PVP for low titles where traders overhelm every other professions ! i think the list i posted was pretty fair but i can be wrong.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Apr 5th, 2010 at 13:55:30.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    finally you can turn it the way you want : trader's drain line DO need a control/limit in PVP for low titles where traders overhelm every other professions ! i think the list i posted was pretty fair but i can be wrong.
    Yes, like I said, lock Nanites out for TL3 BS and under.

Not that there's much point using Nanites at the level 40ish that you're on about, the nano cost and the OBs needed to pull that off are pretty ridiculous.

Try some perspective, instead of OMG TRADERS AT 40 CAN CAST NANITES AAAMAGAD THE SKY IS FALLING.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yes, like I said, lock Nanites out for TL3 BS and under.

Not that there's much point using Nanites at the level 40ish that you're on about, the nano cost and the OBs needed to pull that off are pretty ridiculous.

Try some perspective, instead of OMG TRADERS AT 40 CAN CAST NANITES AAAMAGAD THE SKY IS FALLING.
    You are kidding, right? TL3 BS lock and nanites has huge nanocost? What?!
    Traders can have 43% nanocost modifier. We talk here about pvp with OBs if you didn't get it yet.

Nanites only TL5+, even tl4 traders shouldn't have access to nanites and I think many of us agree at this point.
    You are wrong again if you think I want to make enforcers OP against traders, no.
    When Funcom re-works trader drains and they add locks on nanites, then they should lower RS,NR on rage nanos and rage procs and Notum Repulsor needs huuuge nerf too.

Stop defending nanites at tl3, everyone knows it is OP since LE came out. You are only trolling. Read others posts more carefully and you will see no one agrees with you.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Stop defending nanites at tl3, everyone knows it is OP since LE came out. You are only trolling. Read others posts more carefully and you will see no one agrees with you.
    That doesn't make me wrong. It just means other people think Traders need nerfing because they kill them.

Most professions are like this. Your comments about Traders are like other's comments about NTs, comments that you've defended against. So stop being a hypocrit. I'm not defending GTH in its current form here, I'm pointing out holes in the whole Trader whinefest.

Nanites -do- have a heavy nano cost. So what if a Trader can get X -nanocost via OBs, other people can also have OBs that make them feckin hard to take down too.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

if you TWO could please bring personal catch in PM ^^

other people think Traders need nerfing because they kill them
    nop : i got a barely twinked trox trader that kills easily some good opponents. but i don't wanna play only my trader because that's the only viable option ! when balanced, all professions would have their weak/strong point again, while trader will not be invincible in PVP anymore & remain unchanged in twink & PVM

When Funcom re-works trader drains and they add locks on nanites, then they should lower RS,NR on rage nanos and rage procs and Notum Repulsor needs huuuge nerf too.
    we 100% agree there as i proposed here in this post ; notum repulsor line nerf should go along with drain rebalancing.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

other people think Traders need nerfing because they kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    nop : i got a barely twinked trox trader that kills easily some good opponents. but i don't wanna play only my trader because that's the only viable option ! when balanced, all professions would have their weak/strong point again, while trader will not be invincible in PVP anymore & remain unchanged in twink & PVM
    QFT and someone must read it 2x.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Traders are the best pvp prof at every lvl, they were designed to be so, so nothing new.

Btw at i uberpwned tl3 traders with my ntl3 nt.

To fix traders drains spamming Battle Station Battle Prepared Virus Scanner should be more powerfull, 200ish should remove 30s instead of 10s for example

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    Traders are the best pvp prof at every lvl, they were designed to be so, so nothing new.

Btw at i uberpwned tl3 traders with my ntl3 nt.

To fix traders drains spamming Battle Station Battle Prepared Virus Scanner should be more powerfull, 200ish should remove 30s instead of 10s for example
    Agreed here. Your point about TL3 too. NTs can get decent nanoresist and that coupled with CoF is pretty devastating. DecemberSky pwned a lot of TL3 Traders as well. Consistent countering of Nanites even. So given that Enforcers can get more NR than an NT at level due to Rage and perking NR1, the complaints are quite laughable.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Agreed here. Your point about TL3 too. NTs can get decent nanoresist and that coupled with CoF is pretty devastating. DecemberSky pwned a lot of TL3 Traders as well. Consistent countering of Nanites even. So given that Enforcers can get more NR than an NT at level due to Rage and perking NR1, the complaints are quite laughable.
    Im happy to see that there's someone expert in mass pvp as I'm very surprised that everyone is so happy with the incoming rebalance.

This rebalance comes from the whines of single players, that whine for their actually situation. To win in bs main point is collaboaration. Try to cap with a team composed by a doc + enfo + nt vs 3 trades and see how quick traders dies.

I'm bored, as nt, to hear low hp toons (tl5) whining about doubles, they can lol at AS cause they can overheal it,and while they can evades other specials/regular with DoF, they also wanna be safe from nukes.

And im also bored to hear nts (tl7) whining about GTH, u know that u can get in troubles soloing a trader so why r u whining? Every prof got his rule into a battlestation, so learn to play in team!
    Last edited by Drakeep; Apr 7th, 2010 at 18:59:44.

Being clueless about tl3 pvp, I'd be interested in knowing:

- how much nr are we speaking on those tl3 decent nr nts?
    - how much attack rate do tl3 traders have on their drains?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Being clueless about tl3 pvp, I'd be interested in knowing:

- how much nr are we speaking on those tl3 decent nr nts?
    - how much attack rate do tl3 traders have on their drains?
    i got kinda 750ish nr, can't remeber exactly i lvled the nt mainly cause bs ran once on a new moon.

the trick btw was crownfrost, that lowers trader nanoskills aka less trader ar, and more they got in troubles cause they never figure out that nt lowered his nanoskills, so first crownfrost that does a decent damag also, and then something big like IEF.

Another tattic (from the distance) is aoeblinds + Boil blood and ninja VE or Frigid landscape, VE dmg> than Frigid landscape, but the last is 25m and 100%nr (VE 20m and 130%).

Tl3 trader drains AR when predrained (nanite) could be 1100ish.

If u got drained? ninja Thunderous Blow (oldskool trick) i used it once and was fun.

Lastly never forget NS2 or else 1, as tl3 le nukes sucks.

No clue about tl3 so I'll restrain from making a too big claim, but shouldn't an experimented trader be in a strong position with such numbers?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Pvp vs trader at tl3 isn't like say 'him drain me plox, then we'll see'. Basicly he starts with around 700ish(maybe less?) drains ar, that's very easy to resist expecially if u lands crown frost on him before. So since crownfrost is MC based (i kinda got 850ish solo) its more like u lands crownfrost than he lands first drain, if crownfrost lands u mostly win, else he mostly wins.

Can't confirm numbers correctly cause was a lots of months ago, but worked that way... ish

<OFF TOPIC>
    Nts at tl3 are very fun, more than at tl5
    Since Rk Nukes are very powerfull at such lvls and u got lots of options.
    Unlike the tl5 nt style ( OS totp totp double = 3 buttons + perks), u have options
    1) AOE! they are uber VE/Frigid landscapes (i killed a bunch (3) enfos slacking at core AOEING... kinda orgasm!)
    2) Huge damage IEF
    3) single fast damage ferocius impactor missile (uber vs fixers agents)
    4) Soldja.... eheheh no LE Nukes!! = ns2 or 1
    5) Crownfrost! docs/traders/nt pwner -115 nanoskills are nasty.
    6) Izgimmer's Little Nuke!! used once only cause i was somehow short of mc (..11-12 pts) but was fun! btw IEF way better

</OFF TOPIC>
    Last edited by Drakeep; Apr 7th, 2010 at 23:24:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    Pvp vs trader at tl3 isn't like say 'him drain me plox, then we'll see'. Basicly he starts with around 700ish(maybe less?) drains ar, that's very easy to resist expecially if u lands crown frost on him before. So since crownfrost is MC based (i kinda got 850ish solo) its more like u lands crownfrost than he lands first drain, if crownfrost lands u mostly win, else he mostly wins.

Can't confirm numbers correctly cause was a lots of months ago, but worked that way... ish

<OFF TOPIC>
    Nts at tl3 are very fun, more than at tl5
    Since Rk Nukes are very powerfull at such lvls and u got lots of options.
    Unlike the tl5 nt style ( OS totp totp double = 3 buttons + perks), u have options
    1) AOE! they are uber VE/Frigid landscapes (i killed a bunch (3) enfos slacking at core AOEING... kinda orgasm!)
    2) Huge damage IEF
    3) single fast damage ferocius impactor missile (uber vs fixers agents)
    4) Soldja.... eheheh no LE Nukes!! = ns2 or 1
    5) Crownfrost! docs/traders/nt pwner -115 nanoskills are nasty.
    6) Izgimmer's Little Nuke!! used once only cause i was somehow short of mc (..11-12 pts) but was fun! btw IEF way better

</OFF TOPIC>
    1.Can you please stop with off-topic posts?

2.This thread is about how unbalanced are nanites at tl3-4 and no, we dont speak about BS, but about pvp outside BS, because TL3 BS doesnt run and if it runs it isnt pvp, but vp faming.

Nanites are insta and CoF is 107% NR def and nanites are only 90% and trader has more than 1K in their PM,TS so no, he mostly land drain first.
    AND after he lands drain, you can use only low nukes, in your case you will end with ql90 nukes.
    He drains you -431 nanoskills with your CoF and I dont count aao debuff, then he will root you, he has enough skills(CoF is running) for nice nano drain, heal drain and HIS weapon isnt huge OE instead of his target.

Shortly: he will resist your nukes, easily outhealed if you land, with nano drain and stims he can keep you in root,low ql/low nano cost, short duration, but you can only spam free stims and you cant run away,...

Nanites nanocost isnt problem for pvp twinks, traders can equip ql 200ncus very easy, when I equiped ql 200ncus at tl3 enf then trades should be able eqwuip 160 yutto ncus which add 100 ncu each, but I havent seen opinions of good rk1 twinkers in this thread yet, may be, because they play traders or they are making one.

If somone still thinks that 500 nano( for insta -250 skill debuff -150 aao debuff WITH only 90% NR def check) is huge pain, then he must reroll/quit, I dont have problem to keep perma challenger with nanocost over 1000 nano and after that I have many nanos for spamming rage or absorb and it is trox.
    Again we speak about twinked traders and not about /fail trader projects and not about pointless VP farm station.
    kthnxbye

p.s. there should be really shor time of duration like 30 sec, 3mins+ is too long, I dont know why every drain has 100% nr def check and this nanite has only 90%.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Apr 8th, 2010 at 07:56:52.

2.This thread is about how unbalanced are nanites at tl3-4 and no, we dont speak about BS, but about pvp outside BS, because TL3 BS doesnt run and if it runs it isnt pvp, but vp faming.
    This thread is about low level trader drains in all round pvp. Not just nanites, not just tl 3/4, tl 1,2,3,4 and every drain used there. Which to be honest there isn't that big a problem apart from the duration and mochams giving people much higher drains than they should've had (just my opinion).

Wink In topic

1.Can you please stop with off-topic posts?
    <IN TOPIC>
    If we are talking about tl1-2 traders they are as they was years ago, aka best pvp/pvm prof for tl1-2, nothing new. And while other prof got enanchements perennium etc etc they didn't, but still they are the best, do u wanna change it? Seems to me pointless.

tl3-4 traders, they are still the best pvp prof, but in respect of the original traders, they got nanite drains. So they might be OP, even if with a good tattic, that is unlike facing em 1-1 , u can pwn em.

Wanna put a 165/150ish lvl lock on nanites? u still could get in troubles facing em 1-1, but unless u are an uberfailed twink u will get a just a lil more chance to win.

Regarding OSBed fights(not bs) while they can get mochams, u can get NR buffs asweel Improved Nano Repulsor (that having it running on my tl3 nt made 902 nr), on an enfo not nr perked makes 1270nr with rage running
    </IN TOPIC>

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast