Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Digital photography

Adding some fresh material. Taken tonight at 11 PM.

Edit, WAHHH. Mistake again. ND8 filter would have been better as stepping to F22.
    Last edited by Shareida; May 9th, 2011 at 00:29:23.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Point and shoot is decent in a lot of situations. But as soon as it comes to low light, difficult lighting situations, special shots which require filters (long exposure in broad daylight), a DSLR is a better option. My favorite toy is still the Cpol filters
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, it's been my sidekick for years now and I've gotten some excellent shots with it, I just like to play around with settings and filters and lenses. Plus the point-and-shoot can produce some pretty grainy pictures when the lighting is sub-optimal and with some landscape shots. I'll still gladly accept any and all donations for a nice DSLR, haha.
    Where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility?
    It came to my ears in the god damn loveliest melody
    How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
    To love and to be loved
    Let's just hope that is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, it's been my sidekick for years now and I've gotten some excellent shots with it, I just like to play around with settings and filters and lenses. Plus the point-and-shoot can produce some pretty grainy pictures when the lighting is sub-optimal and with some landscape shots. I'll still gladly accept any and all donations for a nice DSLR, haha.
    I don't know your financial status or region you live in, but a used DSLR might cost something around 150$.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

I don't know your financial status or region you live in, but a used DSLR might cost something around 150$.
    A used DSLR isn't always better then a new Point and shoot camera in same price range...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    A used DSLR isn't always better then a new Point and shoot camera in same price range...
    If you find me a point and shoot camera capable of replacing a canon 30D/300D/or the Nikon counterparts and it's possible modifications with lenses/flashes, let me know.
    Shareidah - First Order

If you find me a point and shoot camera capable of replacing a canon 30D/300D/or the Nikon counterparts and it's possible modifications with lenses/flashes, let me know.
    I can show you a Point and Shoot camera that have better IMAGE QUALITY then a DSLR, everything isn't about changing lens or having a external flash.

1. Good image quality
    2. Natural Light
    3. put out 20-30$ and buy an reflector to use the natural light.

Do that, learn how to take great photos. Then you can buy a DSLR, entry level 1100D upwards, New not old.

300D/D30/D60 etc is crap if you compare the image quality against a good point and shoot. Then im looking on how they handle light and so.
    D30 and D60 got a lot of issues with that, where a new class better Point and Shoot camera manages much better.

Development have gone a far bit.

You should check out DigitalRevs, Pro Photographer, cheap camera challenge, and see that you do not need DSLR to take great photos.
    Better to use a cheaper and practice on taking good photos.
    Last edited by Iriche; May 10th, 2011 at 06:06:50.

Car shot from a walk around Herning city earlier this evening... Found it fun ^^

Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Every time I get a point and shoot in my hands I look for the manual settings and fail to find them.

Even tho, i have to admit, the Sony Alpha Nex is a fun compact camera.

Probably the first compact camera i would want.
    Last edited by Shareida; May 9th, 2011 at 23:06:39.
    Shareidah - First Order

Every time I get a point and shoot in my hands I look for the manual settings and fail to find them.

Even tho, i have to admit, the Sony Alpha Nex is a fun compact camera.
    Then you buy or use the wrong point and shoot cameras. Most Canon PowerShot support manual

NEX-series isn't a compact camera, it is a Mirrorless DSLR. (http://www.google.se/search?q=mirrorless+dslr)

I know what DSLR means, that it should involve a mirror, but the common name for all theese camera with interchangable lenses have become Mirrorless DSLR.

It's not a Compact camera, a Compact camera is something you can carry with you easy.
    I see no point in a NEX-5 f.ex. since they get huge anyway with that big lens.
    Last edited by Iriche; May 9th, 2011 at 23:34:56. Reason: added more

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    Then you buy or use the wrong point and shoot cameras.

NEX-series isn't a compact camera, it is a Mirror less DSLR.
    I urge you to Wiki the abbreviation "DSLR".
    Shareidah - First Order

I urge you to Wiki the abbreviation "DSLR".
    I urge you to google "mirrorless DSLR".
    It's a term used in marketing, it's a term which describes the product rather nicely.

As long as you have a replacable lens, it's not really a "point-and-shoot" any more, imo.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Yeah yeah, stop derailing and trolling. Post pics.
    Shareidah - First Order

Yeah yeah, stop derailing and trolling. Post pics.
    Funny how you say that now that you're proven wrong, especially since you're the one who started "derailing" and what you call "trolling". I can't help but wonder if it is really derailing, considering it is a digital photography-related topic?

Timelapse: clicky
    Last edited by Demoder; May 10th, 2011 at 21:07:59.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Funny how you say that now that you're proven wrong, especially since you're the one who started "derailing" and what you call "trolling". I can't help but wonder if it is really derailing, considering it is a digital photography-related topic?
    Got to agree on both things you said

A birdie nam nam!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post

Timelapse: clicky
    According to you people, an Ipone is a mirrorless DSLR because you
    can change the lens. Get real.
    Shareidah - First Order

You can not change lens on a iPhone..... Please quiet now and stick to posting photos.

According to this (25 steps), you have to dissemble the entire iPhone to change its lens - including removing several screws, its LCD screen and more. You even void the warranty if you do it yourself. This is hardly anything like a DSLR, so can't use the marketing term "mirrorless DSLR" on it. Replacing a lens on a (mirrorless) DSLR is done in two steps: 1: Push a button and remove old lens. 2: Mount the new lens with a "click".

What happened to "stop derailing and trolling"? Oh right, that only counts for everyone except you. Because when you do it, it's okay.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 11th, 2011 at 22:08:53.

iPhone’s Telescopic Zoom Lens
    Another

More stuff

Not that I'd ever wanna have one myself, but that's besides the point... If the camera in your phone is the camera you would bring along, then that's the best camera for you
    Last edited by Mekh; May 11th, 2011 at 22:03:18.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast