Thread: ...Things have changed, sir.

...Things have changed, sir.

It was 01:00 RST. All was quiet in Rome Green, save for a panicked man carrying what seemed to be an injured Omni-Pol officer over his shoulder.

Denzel "Dezz" Walker ran into the Omni-Med building as quickly as he could.

"Need some help! Got an injured officer!" The receptionist blinked at him for a second, then walked up to Dezz calmly.

"Name?"

"Denzel Walker."

"Patient's name?"

"Darius Caesar. Can we skip this? Don't you see he's been seriously FUBAR'd? He needs a medic, NOW!" The receptionist looked bored as she looked at Dezz with an eyebrow raised. She walked back to her desk and picked up a form.

"Look, you gotta fill this form out before we can take him in. Besides, if he has insurance I'm sure he'll be fine."

Dezz punched the wall next to him angrily, denting it easily. The receptionist flinched but kept her bored expression. "The form, sir."

Captain Darius "Gustavis" Caesar. He had everything going for him: good pay, all the benefits Omni-Tek could provide to an Omni-Pol officer, married to the beautiful Lieutenant Keyata. His division, Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation, was as strong as ever and still growing in the amount of qualified officers.

How did he end up here?

He could see shadows of figures around him faintly, as he half opened an eye. In the corner he could see a familiar figure... one of his officers perhaps? He was surrounded by several people, all wearing surgical masks. What was going on?

It was all a blur... strange shapes moving in the corners of his eyes. He thought he saw Keyata's face, wracked with worry... then Gustavis thought he saw Nulion, looking down at him sadly.

Everything went dark.

The next thing he knew, he was waking up on a hospital bed. Gustavis looked around slowly. His entire body ached.

"Nice to see you up, sir."

Turning his head to the chair in the corner, Gustavis saw a familiar face: Dezz. His Lieutenant. Dezz had been in Bureau of Investigation for a long time, working under Captain Caesar.

"Urgh... what happened?"

"...I don't know, sir. I was hoping you could tell me. We found you in the Outzones; one of the Unicorns picked you up."

Gustavis looked at Dezz thoughtfully and sighed. "Get Lieutenants Dyson and Caesar over here, Walker. I need to know--"

"Uh... I'm not..." Dezz began to interrupt.

"You're not what? That was an order, Walker."

"I'm uh... not working for Omni-Pol anymore."

"....What?"

"You've been gone for almost 6 months, sir. Most of the force went AWOL while you were missing, or quit. I've been in Conquering Dreams for a while now." Gustavis stared at him. There was a long, awkward pause in which Dezz tried to avoid Gustavis's eyes.

"And uh... Key--?"

Dezz sighed heavily. Gustavis could sense he had some very bad news.

"She's... uh... she's gone. She... you'd been missing... and she couldn't keep waiting. She left you."

Gustavis stared blankly at Dezz. What the hell had happened?
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

((Ohhh, now THIS is intriguing...MORE! Give me moooorrrrre! I wanna see what happens next! ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

(( *gasps* wtb more!))
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3