Thread: Basic vehicle questions

Basic vehicle questions

I did a search for vehicles on the board, but couldn’t find a thread that addressed my pretty basic questions. I am getting very tired of walking long distances to get to where my mission is located. I was thinking about buying a vehicle. Is there some place (a web site possibly) that explains the ins and outs of vehicle ownership? If not, I have a few questions,

1) Can you take them with you when you wompa or grid?
    2) How much faster are they than running?
    3) What happens if you get attacked in the wild while in your vehicle?
    4) Can you leave your vehicle anywhere? Can people steal them?
    5) Where is the best Omni-side place to purchase a vehicle?
    6) And finally, what are the major negatives of vehicle ownership? It seems to me that everyone would be using one to get around since running across vast distances is so time consuming

That pretty much covers it. Thanks for any information.

Yen
    <cpl>

Re: Basic vehicle questions

Originally posted by YenSid
    I did a search for vehicles on the board, but couldn’t find a thread that addressed my pretty basic questions. I am getting very tired of walking long distances to get to where my mission is located. I was thinking about buying a vehicle. Is there some place (a web site possibly) that explains the ins and outs of vehicle ownership? If not, I have a few questions,

1) Can you take them with you when you wompa or grid?

Yep
    2) How much faster are they than running?
    a lot (at least some of them. I'll explain further down)
    3) What happens if you get attacked in the wild while in your vehicle?
    Either you try to outrun whatever is attacking you, or yoiu use some valuable seconds to step out, and fight back. Running is most common, I think.
    4) Can you leave your vehicle anywhere? Can people steal them?
    Vehicles stay in your inventory when not in use. They are nodrop, so you can not give them away in any way (if you do, however, you are using an exploit, and can be banned for it)
    5) Where is the best Omni-side place to purchase a vehicle?
    special stores.
    (there's basic stores with three different 'lvls' of quality, and there's special stores with difference in quality as well. There's basig, advanced and superior.)
    Try looking in trade district. More shops than in any other omni controlled area.
    6) And finally, what are the major negatives of vehicle ownership? It seems to me that everyone would be using one to get around since running across vast distances is so time consuming
    To best explain this, I'll state the different kind of vehicles, with negatives and positives:

The Mid:
    ground vehicle.
    positive:
    cheap.
    Gives bonus to concealment
    Negatives:
    bound to ground.
    not very much bonus to speed.
    You look like a probe.

The Kodiak
    ground vehicle.
    positive:
    cheap.
    gives nice speed-bonus.
    Negative:
    bound to the ground
    cost more than a mid (but still 'cheap')

The Yalmaha
    air vehicle.
    positive:
    air travel. NICE!
    500 speed when airborne is more than 500 speed when bound to the ground.
    negative:
    The lowest ones comes with a pricetag of 5 mill.

hydrovehicle (errr... might have another name. Too lazy to check it out right now)
    positive:
    great if you travel alot across the sea.
    negative:
    gives a penalty to ground speed.
    Very few really ever travel across water.

That pretty much covers it. Thanks for any information.

Yen
    <cpl>
    Common for all vehicles, is that if you go inside while wearing one, you still wear it, but gain no bonus from them whatsoever. When you go out again, you are a vehicle.

If you want a vehicle, the Yalmaha is the one I reccommend. If you can't afford it, go for kodiak (yalms cost A LOT!).

skill requirements and price varies with QL of the vehicle. So if you go shopping for a yalm, you might want to look for a ql 30 yalm, as that's as low as they go. With Kodiak, I'm not sure.

As another means of increasing your speed (and thus decreasing your traveltime), is to look up a fixer, and convince him/her to buff you with a nice runbuff.

Thanks for the response. It looks like a Kodiak for me. I have nowhere near 5 mil.

When you say tha t The Kodiak is 'cheap', how much are we talking here? I've only got about 600k to spend.

Yen
    <cpl>

ranging from 50k and up to 500k if I'm not mistaking... again, depending on the QL.

I love my hydro vehicle, I once went sailing around Rome etc, and it was beautiful, however, I had to reset Water vehicle to max my aimedshot :/

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by eaze
    I love my hydro vehicle, I once went sailing around Rome etc, and it was beautiful, however, I had to reset Water vehicle to max my aimedshot :/
    Hehe - didn't you max swiming as well? The Maritime NT!

Epoz

Where can a neutral get vehicles?

Originally posted by DocSmock
    Same kind of shops. You'll find one close to the wompa in Borealis and one near the teaming area in Newland city.

LOOTER 73.3%
    THIEF 46.7%
    SCAMMER 40.0%
    KILLER 40.0%

Neutrals of Rubi-Ka ¤ Neutral locations - by RoboKa

Kodaik, not Kodiak... but Kodiak sounds better...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Kodaik, not Kodiak... but Kodiak sounds better...
    damn. You are right!

The way I wrote it first, sounded better, since it's closer to a productname I allready know.kodaik

Funny, the way my own mind tricks me, by autocorrecting 'typos' I see on the screen, and interprets them into words I allready know.

It SHOULD be kodiak... at least I think so... but ive complained at the company that builds those cars and they dont seem to want to rename them... oh well... kodaik it is...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

What about those cargo-vessels.... +100 strength
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

Originally posted by DocSmock
    Also Harry's (when you come out of the grid 'pen' area there, the shop is on the left, I think the second door down). There are two booths in the one shop.

YenSid,if you are Omni i will sponsor you with a Yalm,or at least cash for it

Talking

I can fly!!!!
    WWYD - What would YODA do?
    Fluxlee - Martial Artist
    DeltaFlux - Bureaucrat
    I'm A: Chaotic Good Drow Fighter Ranger - Follower Of The Spider Goddess Lloth
    Ultimate Techno!
    "And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIiIIIGGH"
    Strong Bad Action Figure!
    From a scale of one to awesome , I'm SUPER GREAT!!
    March forward! Not backward, upward, not forward and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!!
    Veteran of a thousand Psychic Wars
    Powerflux - Future pilot of a Galaxy-Class Drop ship