Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTH Rework

Spirit purges do.

Then use FM stims, it takes what... 2-3 ql 250 ones to remove a root ? And you can still heal/cocoon etc while rooted. Aside from being easily removable, roots also break on attack.

Hardly as effective as an unremovable debuff that disables one's offense and defense at the same time for 60 seconds. Actually it's longer if you take into consideration the amount of time it takes to regenerate enough nano to use NBG effectively again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Spirit purges do.
    Additionally purifying rods, 250 FM's (takes 15s, and the root has a 5s cast cycle...), and it's 1/4 chance to break every time you take damage from the NT (including each DoT tick). And if the NT had to use NBG to get the enf rooted, MotR up means death for the NT when a root breaks. On top of all that enfs have a 20% root immunity hud item, with one failed root when NBG isn't up meaning death for the NT.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Feb 1st, 2010 at 15:53:16.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    lol you must be trolling here...

2-3 stims? That's a lot, lol wth??? you WILL get another root casted on you with -3k NR lol

And yes it's effective as a debuff that disables 100% of your offence.
    1. Root has 5.5 second cast cycle
    2. Enf has 20% innate resistance to root
    3. You actually need to do damage to enf to kill him
    4. Damage breaks roots easily (25% break chance on root)
    5. You need to keep NR of enf debuffed, that breaks root too
    6. As soon as enf is not rooted and you are in rechange you are dead
    7. It takes {Edited by Venachar: Disguised profanity is still profanity.} of time to kill enf, cause of all these resist, recharge, break things + lots of HP and coon/BR

If not for SL roots, NT would have had 0 chance against enf, its 50/50 now.

So yeah, enf vs NT is balanced.
    Last edited by Venachar; Feb 6th, 2010 at 01:17:22.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

How did a "nerf GTH" turn into a "enfs can kill me" whine?
    Back on track! Get more nanopool and nano resist.
    NUKE the trader, when he dies GTH will be removed from your NCU most of the times.
    If GTH is still in your NCU do:
    1. sit down (press "x" button)
    2. target yourself (F1 will do)
    3. press the VS on your shortcut bar (can use mouse here).
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Nano dot is worse on NT so imo it is was intended as a nano against NTs first although it does have some effect on other casting professions.
    Yes, gth on a doc has "some effect"... it removes it's purpose, fun and most defenses and part of the offense after a while.
    Doubt most professions would agree with that description.
    You are probably right that nts were especially targeted when fc made gth though.

NUKE the trader, when he dies GTH will be removed from your NCU most of the times.
    Oh yes, nuke the trader... we never thought about that...
    All these years trying to ride over them on my bicycle, while I had nukes all the long... silly me.
    And we are very impressed by your mastering of the top-secret VS tool. Our best nanoticists are still struggling with the basics .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gth, while the idea behind was nice, ended completely stoupid.
    We know it, fc said so, trader professionals agreed and so did most traders. We are beating a dead horse.

And it won't change before balancing anyway.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

A spammable nano that renders a class completely useless in less than 10 seconds and no way to remove it in combat, that is perfectly balanced.

I dont see how this got ingame, atleast we know this was approved by someone that has no clue about this game at all.

A comment on the SL roots vs Enfs.
    You can easily get 100% root resist for short bursts.
    There is a way to instantly remove the root.
    If you are a trox, too bad, Solitus got hackytack you got mongorage.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Unfortunally GTH is not removed most of the times, but very rarely. Still not fixed that one.

The Order is more like this as well:
    (Hope you are not being held in fight or being attacked)
    4. Wait 5 seconds.
    (check CL, if above 2001 skip next step)
    5. press the VS on your shortcut bar (can use mouse here).
    6. Wait 5 Seconds.
    7. press the Battlestation Enhanced Nanorecharger (can use mouse here).
    8. Wait 12 Seconds.
    9. press the Battlestation Enhanced Nanorecharger (can use mouse here).
    10. Stand up and start moving for 12 Seconds.
    11. Sit down and press the Battlestation Enhanced Nanorecharger (can use mouse here).
    12. Stand up and start moving.
    Spend time: 42-48 seconds.

In case of NTs replace 7-11 with whatever perks they use + recasting their nano regain nanos that got canceled.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

On the topic of reworking GTH, a discussion is going on about one idea for reworking GTH in the trader forums Here.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

{Removed by Venachar: This is not relevant. You have clearly not read the rules of the Balance forum. Please go do so.}

completely crippling some one is for any period of time longer than 5-10 secs is a bit to much though, traders should still be able to cripple, just not completely cripple, GTH is being reworked, regardless of what goes on in this forum, the best we can do is make suggestions and hope that FC/profs listen.
    Last edited by Venachar; Feb 6th, 2010 at 01:15:59.

when GTH came out, I was thinking..... "oh great, help with nano, the EXACT help we do not need, even as trox trader, I needed NO help with nano". In PvP, it installs at type of "rock-paper-scissors" type of combat that alot of people hate, because it makes things too predictable. Same reason alot of folks here are not fans of the LE "nemesis" nanos. It's all bad.

YEEIYF is a kool nano though, don't know where the hell GTH came from /shrug

It's obvious that just because of 1 pvp nano, a bunch of people roll traders in order to just use that nano in pvp, that the nano is misplaced and wrongly designed/implemented.
    Last edited by Tergxj; Feb 6th, 2010 at 00:20:59.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    when GTH came out, I was thinking..... "oh great, help with nano, the EXACT help we do not need, even as trox trader, I needed NO help with nano". In PvP, it installs at type of "rock-paper-scissors" type of combat that alot of people hate, because it makes things too predictable. Same reason alot of folks here are not fans of the LE "nemesis" nanos. It's all bad.

YEEIYF is a kool nano though, don't know where the hell GTH came from /shrug

It's obvious that just because of 1 pvp nano, a bunch of people roll traders in order to just use that nano in pvp, that the nano is misplaced and wrongly designed/implemented.
    agreed, it needs a serious change.

BR too :P (in fact all instant "IWin" buttons)

the rest is fine with me
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

33 posts removed from this thread. Infractions and/or total thread removal will be following if I have to come back. Buck up your ideas people, this forum isn't the playground forum.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12