Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 22nd, 2010 - What time is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Chr transfer to test currently works.
    Don't care about transfer to test.
    That works for years.

Means told us on RK3 that for 100% we will be able to transfer to others servers in January 2010 and that there will be anouncements (even in the launcher) about how the transfer will be done in detail WEEKS before the transfer starts.

Right now we have the 22. of and we are still waiting for some info besides the bubbling that Means does
    sometimes.

Would be nice if there's more than some talking from Means.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    So no word on GTH/BR?

Been clamoring for information for awhile now. Many more people are also begging for some information on any plans for this nano.
    QFT

Giev info, pls.

give fc time with the transfer... he say January but not the year ;D

btw copy to test doesnt work -.- *scr*

Quote Originally Posted by Cholis View Post
    Would be nice if there's more than some talking from Means.
    Check back on my post about what Means posted last week.

*edit* Yes, I know you mean you want to do the transfer now. Means said the week before last that they ran into some problems with the ID numbers and were sorting it out and that only last week they got it to create numbers right.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jan 23rd, 2010 at 00:07:02.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Test server login/patcher tools is messing up my PC.

It keeps shutting down all "GUI" (icons, start-menu and such) in my windows Vista so I gotta shut down explorer.exe and start it again to get the GUI back.

Why does this happen?
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jan 23rd, 2010 at 00:27:46.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

It's got that "IF Player = Wrangeline annoy the heck out of" line in it. Nah idk but send Epo a pm.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Not even ONE word concerning the "upcoming" servertransfer?

Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Not even ONE word concerning the "upcoming" servertransfer?

He didn't mention anything about my new pets either, or the engine or any other number of things. He does NOT have to talk about your topic every week, he doesn't even have to talk every week.

Stop being needy, he gave you a good bit of info last week on the transfer, he's talking about something else this week, thats how he rolls.

<@Kintaii> L2P

He didn't mention anything about my new pets either, or the engine or any other number of things. He does NOT have to talk about your topic every week, he doesn't even have to talk every week.

Stop being needy, he gave you a good bit of info last week on the transfer, he's talking about something else this week, thats how he rolls.
    Yeah. "Hoping to have more details next week" doesn't mean he "will have more details next week".

Sheesh.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Er... the problem I see here is, that Means stated the transfer would be available in january (heard something about 21. Jan, but not official). Next FwM would be the last friday for this month...

You wanna play on a DEAD server and pay 17eur for it - monthly?
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

What he said last week, there's nothing there about weeks before the transfer system goes online, just the time before the server gets shut down.
    I'm really sorry for you that your memory only includes about one week, but *hinthint* you can just look at the older topics and find out for yourself...
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    So no more popping of sneaky bastards with AoE roots?
    Are you sure it's still not 2009 cause this is a great Christmas present if it's true
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Are you sure it's still not 2009 cause this is a great Christmas present if it's true
    And no more assisting agents to see if they are lurking nearby...

*starts up the duplicator in attempt to go onto test to "Test" for himself*

Quote Originally Posted by Niemandsland View Post
    you can just look at the older topics and find out for yourself...
    I'm kinda sorry for myself for taking the time to get this all for you but *shrug* not much else going on just killing aliens and doing laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    1. It is not really possible (very difficult) to implement a faction change for players changing servers. The balance of power is reasonably balanced on RK3 and should not imbalance the destination server too much...but I do expect the players of RK3 to make a definite impact on the Notum Wars PVP where they go due to the high level of experience the German players have.

2. It is currently the intention that RK3 players will be able to transfer to RK1 where some of the RK3 population have already made a new home. It is the hope to reunite the German community...not divide it further. It goes without saying that German channels for communication will be added to help maintain the community.

3. Transfering players with identical names will be able to choose new names soon after transfer. The exact method for this transfer has not been fully determined yet as we are early in the process. There will be a "name clean-up" before transfers start to free up some names that have been dormant for too long.

4. We are looking into this possibility...but I can't promise anything at this point. Creating this area would definitely delay the process...so if anything (and if possible) it would likely come some time AFTER the transfer was made available.

The decision to allow transfer (with the intention of moving the entire RK3 population at their own pace) was made this last week...it would have been wiser to perhaps wait until all the details were decided...but I felt it was in the best interest of transparency and clear communication that the minute the decision was made that the information was shared. Transfer from the German dimension was a difficult decision but in the long term I believe the right one.

Please feel free to share this with the RK3 community...I am writing this week's update far too late (due to a company event with presentation and too many drinks) to reasonably expect Walgeist to abandon his personal life to translate it now. I already disrupt his life to an unreasonable degree..his dedication to the German community is deserving of a medal.
    Character Transfer

The code used to generate in-game ID's for items etc exploded this week generating 500000 bogus ID's during testing. Cleaning up this mess took a great deal of time. Macrosun quit a record 103 times this week. It was not fun as it was not even remotely his fault or his code that made the mess. Work will continue on this initiative when and if he returns from vacation in January. Getting this to work properly requires work from the biling team, the database team and Macrosun himself. Blowing things up when any of these guys are away on a well deserved break would be a disaster...so January is what we are looking at...assuming again that Macrosun comes back. Hail Macrosun...pleeeze don't leave us.

The character transfer:

1. Test characters have already been moved successfully from RK3 to both RK1 and RK2.
    2. The rules concerning names, organization names, access to non-instanced cities and everything else involved to make this move as fair and equitable as possible for everyone involved is what is taking time. These details have NOT been finalized. Doing this right involves NOT writing them in "10 minutes"
    3. Despite a lack of concrete rule-sets I have still set a deadline for completion of the availability to transfer from D3 to D1 OR D2 to within January.
    Server Transfer from DNW

Not as much got done in this area as I would have liked this week. However important details of "what" were decided.

1. A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.

2. Concerns about unscrupulous players stealing player and org names are not going to be a problem. Anything created (Orgs and players) after the discussion in November concerning transfer will not take priority over players transfering from DNW.

3. DNW will run for months after the transfer becomes available. This will give players returning after some time the opportunity to refamiliarize themselves with the characters before the transfer process. At some well announced point in the future DNW will be shut down...but it will not be soon.

4. Transfer will be available to both RK1 or RK2.

I hope we get more traction on this issue next week. I am sorry for the delay but I still hope to make the actual transfer available inside January even if the supporting new playfield for cities is not yet complete.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I see that

Mathis PQA and CS manager has identified a problem with clients crashing in certain playfields, at least on test... so, how about on live?

I crash all the time transferring zones, and yet that is where the majority of people would expereince the problem...

Please try to fix this asap, it's really bad for the gaming expereince.

Thanks!

*QQ's cause no patches available , hoping that means they are building something*

Quote Originally Posted by Samhain418 View Post
    *QQ's cause no patches available , hoping that means they are building something*
    Add a .4 behind version.id numbers but before the EP1. It should be 18.3.1_EP1 right now if you have a fresh dupe, change it to 18.3.1.4_EP1 and the thing'll patch as normal.

<@Kintaii> L2P

wait where do I add this.. sorry i cant seem to find where I should change it

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast