Thread: [Rimor] New OOC RP Chat Channel

[Rimor] New OOC RP Chat Channel

With Trousers moving on and putting his time and resources elsewhere a new ooc chat channel as come in to replace the AARP channel.
    For all of those RPers that were members of aarp please feel free to join Rpchat, which is being run by fellow rper Ahndramoriel.
    /tell Rpchat !join
    I should also note this bot also has spam abilities similar to rpnet; however, some minor bugs are still being worked out. Also there should be a replacement for ltctracker within the next few days. More on that as the time comes. So in the mean time join up and have some ooc chat with your fellow rimor rpers.

Myself and I'm sure the rest of the rimor role playing community would like to send out a big thanks to Trousers for all his time, effort, and hard work he's put into role playing and systems for everyone to use.
    Good luck on RK4 and any other new adventures you should take part in. You will be missed.

PS
    And as long as you don't play any games with Llowes truck drivers you should be all good.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

I would also like to point out something, perhaps if but to plug the current update.

In the event you are new to RP on Rimor, this is a good time to get your feet wet! New and interesting blood is always welcome!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The more the merrier.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Thanks for taking this up, Ahndramoriel
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

So, thoughts roll around in my head, how we can get a promotional going on here in RPChat.

Also strikes me, that RP has been a bit scarce lately between us and events. I'd like to make a chance to perhaps spruce this up a bit. I propose a joint RP - ARK party! I realize that ARK has a thing they do every year, but its mostly a promotional awareness about all of ARK, in an attempt to show to the public at least a small glossover of what they offer.

But, perhaps to tighten up the edges a bit, as im sure it couldn't be too tough a thing to perhaps lure the RP community into a room and network a bit. Clearly, this is a volunteer type thingy. I am looking to put the feelers out. I'd like to call GSP in and see if its not possible to have them host a shindig, and see if ARK Events people and Roleplayers of all shapes and colours couldn't meet together for some funtime. I take care to say that even RK1, is invited. Come bring your RK2 alts and come join the fun. In character or out of character, all the same to me. I'm just hoping perhaps its a good enough idea to actually plan something.

What do you all think?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If you want to have a chat with me about how AO Universe could help you promote what you are setting up or perhaps what we can offer you in terms of resources that we use already on RK1, you are welcome to contact me directly.

Good luck!!

- Katelin

I will certainly give ya a ring UK
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Not to rain on anyone parade... but I'm pretty sure last year or the year before events did have a little party/meet and greet thing. And nobody showed up. well I think Pants did but that was about it. i know i was going to go and bring my clone toon, but RL got in the way and I wasn't home.

Just saying it's a good idea but just wanna might make sure people are going to be there, wouldn't want to have events come to something and have another no show thing.

And just be warned... Pheats will kill you with Cake, and Nina will turn you into a frog (okay the frog thing just might be me but still. ) Cause ya know they're ev0l and all.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

I wouldn't mind comming over to RK2 for something like this.
    A rp party would be fun. Not sure how to pull in carracter off at a gsp party.
    I love going to them, but I have learned over the years that being in carrater during gsp partys is impossible so i always end up with some kind of "cartoon ic".
    Also have a feeling after reading forums that if we both went fully into carracter at a party, one of us would be in reclaim by the end of it, hehe
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

the trick to saying IC at a gsp party is just hanging with the rpers hehe.
    Also depends on the DJ. I've thrown a few RP parties with GSP there are a few DJs where even thought they're not IC really they understand RP enough to make it fun.

But I don't think the idea is to be IC but to hang out and talk with the Event ARK about rp and such. The way i see it I rp enough with the event arks on their LTCs don't really get to hang out and just chat with them often. Which is nice cause you don't feel so bad when they pull their evilness on you. hehe.

But Bubba this idea should really have it's own thread.

UPDATE:

A few snags. I'm not getting much of a response from ARK on it. Sent another mail today, hope it gets answered. As for a seperate thread, I'm going to wait and post one IF the party is green lighted. Seems a waste of paper to do it now. :P
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

NEW UPDATE:

I've sent a request to GSP and have gotten interest from ARK as well. The tentative date is Monday, March 15th (to allow promotional air time) OR, we can reschedual to the Sunday before, depending on how ARK feels about their availability. The alloted time WILL BE euro friendly, so stay tuned for final date and time.

Normally, I would have set this up on a friday or saturday, but those nights I may have to work. :P T'would be a shame not to be present on an event that I am hoping to get people to show up to.

Anyway, SPREAD THE WORD!
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Feb 13th, 2010 at 04:42:40. Reason: WRONG DATE
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

updated to reflect why you shouldnt schedual stuff in the middle of the night when the only thing you wanna do is sleep.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Sorry for necroing but figured I'd give y'all an update:

RPChat is likely going to be shut down after the merge. With AORPbot up and running it makes sense to consolidate the community into one place, and a duplicate OOC bot seems redundant. AORPbot also receives more development input than I can give to RPChat these days.

If the new bot people want the RPChat toon name after the merge, let me know and I will free it up for you.
    :E

Thank you for keeping it up all this time.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien