Thread: If SL Roots, Snares and Calms are being updated, how about the mobs?

If SL Roots, Snares and Calms are being updated, how about the mobs?

Hello, a consistent theme I've seen in the proposed changes is that crowd control will be becoming somewhat effective in the Shadowlands (I'm very happy about this, by the way). My question is if the mobs in the Shadowlands will be undergoing some tweaking at the same time? Currently they seem designed not only to resist most CC, but also to thwart it through much less scrupulous means. Often when attempting to root or snare SL mobs I find them performing melee attacks at long range, or displacing themselves from where their model shows them in-world, or teleporting players to them, and all sorts of other annoying bug-esque behaviors.

I don't see any of this behavior in RK mobs, by the way, only in the SL and a few aliens (mostly the bosses and their teleporting *shake fist*).

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    I don't see any of this behavior in RK mobs, by the way
    root a borg
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    root a borg
    Sorry, call me a noob, but I've kited and rooted borgs without much problem. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong (or right?)

I agree that the extreme range of SL mobs should be looked at

I mean, not much use updating roots if they can hit you from so far away.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Sorry, call me a noob, but I've kited and rooted borgs without much problem. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong (or right?)
    kited a borg = no problem, as they run after you instead of shooting...
    root a borg = they just shoot you...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Well it's the running part that's bugged since they actually have GUNS. Unlike the "rifle hecklers" as I call them...
    I don't want a friggin solja. Give me back my fixer!

I am the Big Cat.
    For lulz and honour!

I don't consider it a problem that mobs with guns shoot you when they can't move.

I do, however, consider it a problem with a tiger that obviously lacks any ranged attacks hauls off and claws your face off from 40 meters away.

I thought the hecks were throwing rocks at me, or at least thats what I've always been told. If hecks can attack range while running, that means its a bug, but if they cant, that probobly means that they "switching" their wep, and probably intended. Most likely to prevent kiters.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    I thought the hecks were throwing rocks at me, or at least thats what I've always been told. If hecks can attack range while running, that means its a bug, but if they cant, that probobly means that they "switching" their wep, and probably intended. Most likely to prevent kiters.
    The hecks are probably the most well-known and worst perpetrator, but my main beef lies more with the various mobs that outright teleport you to them. Hecks can do this, but they probably do it less often than range attacks while moving, teleporting to you, full healing, resetting, or just plain glitching out. There are some Mortiigs that are absolutely awful about teleporting you around randomly, making any sort of crowd control below a crat's SL calms worthless, as well as potentially screwing with any class that doesn't have the range+tank of a soldier in a major way.

My post was only in concern to range, nothing else, as a enfo I'm not allowed to run so i didn't really notice the other issues, with the exception on the ones where its intended (like zods and goddess). I have noticed the mob goin into uber duber heal delta mode while im swinging my wep at it though, and waiting to be at 100% health to deside to attack again either I want less corruption in pvm, or more opportunities to exploit it for personal gain.

My post was only in concern to range, nothing else, as a enfo I'm not allowed to run so i didn't really notice the other issues, with the exception on the ones where its intended (like zods and goddess). I have noticed the mob goin into uber duber heal delta mode while im swinging my wep at it though, and waiting to be at 100% health to deside to attack again either I want less corruption in pvm, or more opportunities to exploit it for personal gain.
    I understand, I just don't want people to get the wrong idea and think I'm just some Nanotechnician who's whining because he can't kite hecklers.

While I have and love my nanotech, I don't kite in the Shadowlands both because of the glitches and on principal. I am, however, a bureaucrat enthusiast, and if anything will show you these mob issues quickly, it's running a crat around the SL and trying to use your CC tools as you would in RK.

In any case, everyone I know has experienced at least a couple of these weird behaviors in mobs, yet it's baffling to me that they just seem to accept it and pretty much completely ignore it. I think with the SL CC coming into the limelight, it would be a good chance to take a close look at the weird goings on, and at least issue a statement as to whether its intended behavior or not.

teleportation requires sync issue or special coding (meaning intended, or some one went rouge and no one has fixed the issue yet) fix sync and this should be solved.
    uber duber HD mode starts when mob isn't "in combat" a quick fix to this is making it so mob is "in combat" for 5 seconds after it is attacked, regardless of whether it is being attacked or not (excluding calms of course), if this is only a addon code, then normal rules would still apply so kiting would still be possible, and 5 seconds is enough to get out of a mobs agg range, so mobs wont agg you across a PF (unless another bug is present)

only hole i see is that when attacking mobs in mass, adding 1 timer variable to 50 mobs might contribute to lag by a minute degree

teleportation requires sync issue or special coding (meaning intended, or some one went rouge and no one has fixed the issue yet) fix sync and this should be solved.
    Actually the teleportation thing seems to be some sort of auto applied ability based on level nad maybe some "toughness" factor. Best noticed on RK where really high dynas/mission bosses/psionic eremites will warp you while those a few levels lower will not.
    I don't want a friggin solja. Give me back my fixer!

I am the Big Cat.
    For lulz and honour!