Thread: Stupid question time. (Chatbot related)

Stupid question time. (Chatbot related)

Has anyone else had that thing happen with bots they're auto-invited to on logging in, where you click "Yes" on the pop-up notification but then don't actually join the channel? I'm not talking about not being subscribed to it in your chat window, I mean you hit "Yes" to join and absolutely nothing happens. But then you log in again another time and it works fine.

Not looking for a solution (manually joining works in most cases) but just curious if anybody knows why this happens is all.
    :E

Only when I haven't assigned a window for it... so no...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Depending on the GUI settings it can be almost impossible to tell if you have a window selected for the channel - the colors of selected and unselected windows are only a very slight shade different. Most likely I'd guess that is your problem.

I have also have chat lag effect channel joining before -not since the savvis days tho, so that may be less likely.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I appreciate the thought guys but I did say in the original post that this is definitely not a problem with the lack of a chat window being assigned for the channel:

1. These are channels I have joined before, and thus already are automatically assigned a window next time I log on and am autoinvited.
    2. If there was no window assigned, I would not see text in the chat when I manually type !join and click yes again. Yet I do.
    3. There seems to be a 50/50 chance that when I log on, I will get invited correctly. This means that sometimes it works fine and I get invited and can see chat, without needing to reassign a chat window for the text to go to (as already mentioned, the window was already selected due to having being registered with these particular guest channels for a long time).

I am trying to figure out if anyone knows why the invitation sometimes does nothing.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    I appreciate the thought guys but I did say in the original post that this is definitely not a problem with the lack of a chat window being assigned for the channel:

1. These are channels I have joined before, and thus already are automatically assigned a window next time I log on and am autoinvited.
    2. If there was no window assigned, I would not see text in the chat when I manually type !join and click yes again. Yet I do.
    3. There seems to be a 50/50 chance that when I log on, I will get invited correctly. This means that sometimes it works fine and I get invited and can see chat, without needing to reassign a chat window for the text to go to (as already mentioned, the window was already selected due to having being registered with these particular guest channels for a long time).

I am trying to figure out if anyone knows why the invitation sometimes does nothing.
    *probably* a lag issue of some kind in that case. Could be on your end or on the server end, or somewhere in between.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-