Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dance of Fools

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This isn't bad either.
    lol you are actually agreeing with the nonsense he posts?

-500 AAO when I use dof riiight. So I'll just be useless and unable to perk anything but docs when I hit dof, great thinking man.

any time sone one says "nerf coon" or "nerf acro" it quickly becomes a "nerf advies" thread, that fact alone is implying something rather important

honestly advies are well rounded..only thing thats absurd is the current def check on pistol perks. instead of everyone clowning advies, u should be ask developers to give u tools to make ur profession more viable.

every profession has its struggles. the whole design of advy is workin and when people compare that to ur own prof status then u think its op.

Again my only deal with advy is the current pistol perks and root resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    honestly advies are well rounded..only thing thats absurd is the current def check on pistol perks. instead of everyone clowning advies, u should be ask developers to give u tools to make ur profession more viable.

every profession has its struggles. the whole design of advy is workin and when people compare that to ur own prof status then u think its op.

Again my only deal with advy is the current pistol perks and root resistance.
    Melee adventurers are "ok" currently. Pistol adventurers would be considered quite okay, even with Troal'ler pistol, if pistol perks were never altered.

Its very hard to say how these things (AS, Perk System) will affect everything in "teh new balance" anyway.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:02:09.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

if u fail to kill adv with ur current profession - roll one that can do it - there is plenty of them

dont QQ if u play profession that cant kill other specific professions

same applies at tl5
    Last edited by rapp3d; Jan 30th, 2010 at 23:01:03.
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

I like the idea of Bio Cocoon putting DoF & Limber(?) in cooldown.

That would limit the use of Bio Cocoon (for advs) to an escape tool, a "finisher" to survive that last panic-alpha before your target goes down, or an "oh-****!!" button to survive that gank attempt.

Advs would still have very powerful defence from just dof+limber+heals.
    Last edited by Qualinas; Jan 31st, 2010 at 04:33:56.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

you can tell someone doesn't know what they're talking about when they complain about advy ch :O

Quote Originally Posted by shelms8 View Post
    you can tell someone doesn't know what they're talking about when they complain about advy ch :O
    You can tell someone doesn't know what they're talking about from a TL5 perspective, when they complain about people complaining about Advy CH, since the use of IotP is actually a good idea when in trouble, just pop cocoon then CH.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

huge debump

as many ppl already mentioned dof is only oped on a adventurer, wich as we all know has heals and coon at same time, other acro profs dont have such a complex defense,,,
    so if anything, nerf acro on adve, or lock it to either acro or bio perks raised, or make them share lockout timers
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    huge debump

as many ppl already mentioned dof is only oped on a adventurer, wich as we all know has heals and coon at same time, other acro profs dont have such a complex defense,,,
    so if anything, nerf acro on adve, or lock it to either acro or bio perks raised, or make them share lockout timers
    I don't think much would change if Advs were forced to just queue bio before or after acro perks, to be honest. The issue is with them having access to Dance of Fools at all. Should just be able to perk Acro 2 and have done.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I don't think much would change if Advs were forced to just queue bio before or after acro perks, to be honest. The issue is with them having access to Dance of Fools at all. Should just be able to perk Acro 2 and have done.
    assuming it would be possible to do so then obviously it would make close to no difference at all,,, hopefully the coders would find a way to prevent that from happening

but i agree that locking adves to acro 2 would do the trick aswell, or make it impossible to train both acro and bio shielding at same time at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Acrobat aint only tl7 tool btw. For advys it is even more OP at tl5 where advys are true gods and there is simply nothing that can resonably face them 1 vs 1 except other advys. On top of that there are simply no tools to beat them like mango rage, gth, or pets with high ar or stacking ini debuffs. So dont cry that tl7 advys are OP. They are nubs when compared with their younger tl5 cusins.
    im all for nerfing adve's access to both acro and coon at same time, alltho just to point out: there are stacking init debuffs at tl5 aswell, in fact, unless the adve is in a heavy nr setup, tl5 crats are quite awesome adve hunters, even with the gimpbot in its current state, with an AS weapon at least

once you land all init debuffs ( and literally all of em stack, even can put a calm as a cherry on top of them all ) theres very little chance he will manage to get trough the casting process before you rip trough coon/remaining hp with AS/IRoO spam, and conc perk is nice for a finisher aswell ( will land on most with -nr aura+iroo debuff even in a css setup )
    Last edited by Insane666; Feb 4th, 2010 at 02:43:28.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    *crat related stuff*
    conc perk is nice for a finisher aswell
    Haa, whats funny (though I don't know if it's funny for other profs), CoNC is one of the ONLY perks I can land on advy. I spam it for the whole fight. If it had a 35 s recharge instead of 65 s it would be really nice.

I'd venture to say that out of ALL the damage I can inflict on advies, this perk makes up for probably 60%. Which tells you soemthing else about the damage keepers can do at TL5 :/

DOF is retardly OP'd. I hate it. I wish DOF was available for advies only at level 210+, and then it should lock out any more perks in coon than 3.

Fix pistol perks/get rid of AS pistol and all this goes away. Ranged advys will go back to pvm only, as they will be useless in pvp, (oh, look! its attacking me, how cute!).

Yes, my advy has always been ranged.

ps: Means has an advy, btw. GL with all this.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Fix pistol perks/get rid of AS pistol and all this goes away. Ranged advys will go back to pvm only, as they will be useless in pvp, (oh, look! its attacking me, how cute!).

Yes, my advy has always been ranged.

ps: Means has an advy, btw. GL with all this.
    Nah melee Advies have the same "too much defence" issue as well. All that made Ranged Advies retarded overnight was low checks on the PM perks instead of giving Advies their own line so non Advy pistol users could be viable without hugely overpowering Ranged Advs.

I respect your Advy has always been ranged, but look how many melees switched overnight.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    DoF is overpowered so i propose BALANCING the duration of this perk from 40 seconds to 15 seconds while increasing the effects to 2K evades all round up. Keep the recharge as it is.

Before:
    Dance of Fools
    Effects
    Duck explosives 800
    Dodge ranged 800
    Evade close 800
    Duration 40 seconds

After:
    Dance of Fools
    Effects
    Duck explosives 2000
    Dodge ranged 2000
    Evade close 2000
    Duration 15 seconds

If you have any other balance suggestions post them here.
    DoF will change for sure in the upcoming future.
    I back this change if cooldown is reduced to 45 seconds or less.

otherwise, lawl, l2play

[snip]Sahdes have a 5000 absorb.
    ...which is about as tactically useful as keeper's dimach....

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    ...which is about as tactically useful as keeper's dimach....
    doesn't the 5k absorb have a 5m recharge?

If it does thats 5k/5min =1k/min.

dimach heals for (lets be optimistic) 6k. 6k/60min = 100hp/min

na. tactically ok, but mathematically, no.

paper pvp ftw, I can show that keepers are more gimp than wet paper bags.

doesn't the 5k absorb have a 5m recharge?

If it does thats 5k/5min =1k/min.

dimach heals for (lets be optimistic) 6k. 6k/60min = 100hp/min

na. tactically ok, but mathematically, no.

paper pvp ftw, I can show that keepers are more gimp than wet paper bags.
    its 10 minute recharge, the 5 min on is the nanomage survival dreadloch thingy i think.

and dont try and make it out that that sleeve is a good reliable defence for shades because it just isnt :P and people keep throwing in that tattoo up as some amazing defence that shades have. but its really not that good
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Feb 4th, 2010 at 10:07:09.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    its 10 minute recharge, the 5 min on is the nanomage survival dreadloch thingy i think.

and dont try and make it out that that sleeve is a good reliable defence for shades because it just isnt :P and people keep throwing in that tattoo up as some amazing defence that shades have. but its really not that good
    which is the whole point I was trying to make. someone got it.

if anything has a recharge longer than 5 minutes, it's not going to be up every fight. When it has a rather long recharge like this, you want to be damn well sure you want to use it, since you'll be without it for a good little while. unfortunately for shade, the absorb is neither a CH nor does it allow us to lolpwn 3-4 players and then run off. The reality of it is that it will only absorb 1 special, or one heavy DD perk, which isn't going to do us a whole lot a good. Yeah, it might screw up someone's alpha, but the next AS/FA/SA/triple will do us in anyways.

anyways, this has gotten way off topic, let's try and focus on the matters at hand
    Last edited by Pixel8; Feb 5th, 2010 at 00:19:17.

I did a massive cleanup on this thread. Stop the personal attacks, keep it on topic and constructive, or the thread will just be locked. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast