Thread: Damage report - part 1

Damage report - part 1

Okies, finally got my hands on the damage logger from a friend. It's still in beta and cannot record nano damage(that is because in the chat AO doesn't say who did the nano damage).

And as today my guild did a raid on level 300 mobs I said it will be a great idea to check damages in a real situation.
    Some background: everyone was 160+ and most people on raid or 190-200 and from what I know they have pretty good gear. We had almost 3 full teams with most professions in there so everyone was buffed to the teeth: MoP for everyone, UVC+FFOK for MAs, +100 attack rating crit speech from me, and so on.

I had to reset the logger total often as people were dieing or had to stop shooting in order to let main tank get agro back. Our main tank was a soldier and as such he was doing the most damage. Now keep in mind that others had to stop from using specials in order to make sure they don't get agro from the main tank so we can't include him in comparation with the others.

First the most important thing is the attack rating. It has a HUGE impact when fighting these level 300 monsters. For example with my best speech on I had about 870ish attack rating. With this I was barely able to hit the boss, maybe 1 in 10 shots were hitting. Our first soldier was using the new Enhanced Hellspinner cannon (whatever new gun uses flamethrower ammo and has burst/fa, not sure the name). She had about 250 more attack rating then me but that 250-300 difference in attack rating made her hit like almost every time on the boss. This really suprised me, I wasn't expecting such a big difference. Our second tank started using a CHS(didn't have the new gun) but he had to switch to novaflow as he couldn't keep agro with the CHS. Even novaflow because of lower attack rating wasn't as good as the the new assault rifle only weapon. Now I'm don't play a soldier so don't really know what implants or weapon buffs they use, this is just what I observed. All our soldiers that were tanking were level 200 fyi.

Besides that main thank, the best damage dealer was an agent with x-3. He had stop shooting from time to time in order to not outdamage our soldier (nova flow) and his damage was pretty close. Second were our enforcers, both using pipe/staff (1hb combo). Third was a big surprise, quite a little behind were our fist-only MAs. I was expecting MAs to be first (after soldier) but were outdamaged by both agent and enforcers. Funny thing is that they were still getting agro because of the heals and dieing really fast so some had to stop healing. Close behind them were the fixers and MAs with weapons (the lower attack rating really made a big difference on these level 300 mobs).

In the last spot were nuking classes that were just using weapons (our NTs with over 1K MC couldn't land a single nuke , and I mean not one). My pistols(v3+reet) were doing about 1 tenth of the damage of the main tank and I was missing most of the time (with +100 attack rating speech). Bots were really pathetic, level 200 ninja and demon were doing likes half of what I was hitting with my pistols, lol. We were just casting them as we didn't have anything else to do. The only pet that was doing good damage were level 200+ charmed slayers "impaler-class scourge slayer". These were actually doing pretty good damage and could actually hit the boss pretty often.

Now as I said the agent wasn't using any of the utter concentration nanos and the enforcers weren't using challanger most of the time, so that they don't get too much agro.
    But at the end just before the boss was about to die they both used challenger (the one that makes them BIG) and rage/fob (not sure , whatever else you can use with challanger to increase damage) and their damage skyrocketed. While they were using challanger they were doing like 50% more damage than our nova-flow using soldier, and MAs were left quite a lot behind. I think the attack rating increase had a really big impact.

So this is just a first test, even though the battle were pretty long (30 minutes average) it doesn't mean it's perfect. My dissapoint was the MA damage considering that everyone was saying that they are best damage dealers. I'll do more testing in missions to compare damages using my MA (130ish) and also my crat (170ish) and let you know later. But it looks like I'll be leveling an enforcer/soldier to help guild camp those unique mobs

P.S. Hopefully the author of the logger will spread it around so more people can check all this.

nice report dude, really some nice information in it.

keep em coming, they are always a nice read (untill I get to lvl 180+ to come with you guys )
    Achiever 66% Socializer 46% E xplorer 46% Killer 40%

where can we get this damage logger?

NM i didn't get to the bottem of your post before i replied