Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloodloss

"..Yes sir... No, sir... With all due respect, sir..."

It seemed DCI Hunt was getting an equal lecture by his superior, Superintendent Farndale, as he reviewed the recent reports and news articles [1] [2] [3]. Validius maintained his disgruntled face throughout, knowing the only way he could get through to the git would be with an upper-cut. Unfortunately, being a superior, that was out of the question. With the board refusing his request for a replacement, he would just have to put up with it.

"You have potential, Mr Hunt. But you consistently waste it on trying to prove to everyone you're "king of the jungle" all the time." lectured Farndale. "You have destroyed the potential for a cooperative relationship between the DoI and Omni-Pol. Your actions will not be forgotten, Mr Hunt, and the slate cannot be wiped clean."

"Sir,-"

"No excuses. You're lucky that InternOps wanted this report. If I see any more continuation of this pathetic "war", there will be consequences. Your confidence and tough attitude to policing can earn you respect, not just hate. That will be all."
    Last edited by Agrestus; Dec 12th, 2011 at 14:54:08. Reason: Included links to news articles for better story clarity.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Department Representitive for Omni-InternOps MAX's Avatar
    MAX stood quietly. His face showed no emotion. It rarely did, and only when he choose to use it as a form of non-verbal communication.

If he so chose, right now he would be displaying a decided frown. Unit competition could spur greater productivity, and efficiency. Or it could tear apart a cohesive unit.
    He had been reviewing both the reports that had been sent to him, and other departmental information that had indications that the efficiency of both units he was reviewing were being negatively impacted by recent events.

He had not entirely calculated the best course of action in this case. He preferred to allow the normal command structure to deal with such issues within it's own ranks. But Max was unable to calculate if that would be enough to resolve the tensions between the Department of Investigation, and the unit of Omni-Pol under Ciafardoni. MAX was also a bit concerned knowing the volatile Russian who was the Director over both Farndale and Ciafardoni, if these men were not able to resolve this issue within their own ranks. No matter how inappropriate some of Hunt's behavior could be from time to time, he was good at his job. And sometimes his unconventional approach gave results his more conventional contemporaries were unable to match. Rahal equally had proven his efficiency and effectiveness over the long haul within his unit of Omni-Pol. He earned his rank of General. His recent response to issues with Omni-Med had MAX concerned. He had after all given General Rahal the directive at the last Affiliate meeting to contact him directly if issues with Omni-Med had continued, as had Director Pourais, who was equally concerned over the reactions the General was exhibiting.

The reports he expected to be delivered at the next Affiliate would prove to be very interesting. Hopefully they will indicate matters have been brought under control.

Even Sergeyich would not want MAX to have to resolve the issues.

Feyad sat in the cold, clinical room with is backside exposed to the world in the flimsy paper hospital gown. "It's the 31st Century, for gawds sake! You'd think they would have come up with a better design for gowns by now." Feyad had been poked, prodded, scanned and questioned for the better part of two hours, and still no one really talked to him. Quietly the door to the exam room opened and a member of Omni-Med came in. Clutching a folder and a concerned look on his face, "Well, for the most part Mr. Rahl, you are in tip top physical condition. However, we have found a small anomaly and would like to do some further testing. Would you be able to spend...."

Suddenly the door to the exam room burst open. A hooded person with a face scrambler and what looked like three bodyguards walked in. "This exam is over. We will take Employee #1217967821 Feyad Rahl with us. He was never here, this exam never took place and all records of it will cease to exist," he said, holding out his hand to the doctor for the file. "Just a minute," declared the doctor. "On who's authority do you come in here and violate this employee's privacy." A which point the hooded man flashed and ID chip at the doctor. "OH, I see," he said. Turning to Feyad he said, "I'm sorry. Good luck!" and turned and left the room.

The hooded man approached Feyad and said, "You will come with us now!" The three of them surrounded Feyad and the hooded man spoke into his wrist comp, "Four for beacon warp now!" A swirl of energy filled the room, and then all was silent.
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

(( o_O ))
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

A message was sent through the gridnet to all employees of Omni-Tek that have subscribed to the relevant channel of interest. After a brief moment, the message popped up clearly in whatever display the user was currently using.

OMNI-POL DEPARTMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENT
    DEPARTMENT OF INVESTIGATIONS

Due to the nature of the serious undercover work in the deserts of Rubi-Ka, the majority of the limited resources of the Department of Investigations (DoI) have been tasked to locate the escaped Reform patient Flora "Larnue" Rhees.

With the time consuming nature of the undercover work, DCI Validius Hunt will be unavailable to maintain his active presence within city walls and major Omni-Tek territories. As a result, DC Nichola Kelly has been assigned the temporary title of acting DCI under the guidance of Superintendent Harvard Farndale to keep the DoI's presence in city areas.

Acting-DCI Nichola Kelly will aim to work in full cooperation with Omni-Pol's uniformed officers, making use of their training and manpower while the DoI's main task-force are unavailable. While the Acting-DCI will not have the same security access or experience as DCI Hunt, all detectives are trained to the highest class and thus this temporary position should not in any way affect the quality of the service Omni-Pol provides to the corporation.

I hope all employees that receive this message wish the department luck in locating the escapee, and rest assured - the department will return to normal operations once sufficient information has been discovered in the undercover operation.

OMNI-TEK PROTECTS
    Last edited by Agrestus; Dec 16th, 2011 at 02:21:51.
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)

The dark Charon came to a stop in front of the Omni-Pol City HQ building in the Coast of Peace area. The door to the vehicle opened ominously. Slowly a disheveled Solitus exited the vehicle, clutching papers in his hand. An ominous voice called out from inside the Charon, "We were not here, we do not exist!" With that the door closed and the Charon sped away.

Shading his eyes and blinking quickly to adjust the light, Feyad took in his surroundings. "I never want to go through that again," he thought to himself. Straightening up, smoothing over his rumpled uniform, Feyad marched to entrance to the HQ. Moving to the offices up the lift, he approached President Uragon's office. Knocking on the door and waiting for a response, Feyad marches in. Coming to attention, saluting, "Corporal Feyad Rahl reporting for duty SIR!" Handing over the paperwork from Omni-Med and Omni-Reform to President Uragon, "I have been cleared for full duty by both -Med and -Reform!"

President Uragon looks over the paperwork and then sternly looks up at Feyad. "I will not have a repeat of this kind of conduct by my Officers. Is that understood Corporal?" "SIR, YES SIR!" replies a chastened Feyad. "Good. Now get back into standard patrol armor and get to work. You'll be patrolling Omni-1 Entertainment Sewers until further notice. DISMISSED!"

Feyad snaps to attention, salutes, does an about-face and leaves the office. "Whew," he thought to himself, "that went better than I thought. At least I'm back on full duty." Smiling, Feyad left the building to return to his apartment, all the while whistling a little tune: Hunt, Asule, Burkett...... Hunt, Asule, Burkett...."
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

(Acting)DCI Kelly, DoI HQ, Early in the morning.

"Yes Guv, the man was arrested and i already sorted the report.."
    . . .

"Yes Guv.."
    . . .

"No Guv, nothing's broken.."
    . . .

"Aside from the fact that DS Winters has gone missing, No Guv"

. . .
    . . .

. . .
    . . .

"Yes Guv, I will"

Nichola tapped the comm.unit's screen lightly and sighed. With haste she got up from the computer and went to DCI's office, walked to the table and grabbed some papers.

"Alright, these.. And then im done for the night." Nichola sighed and started to go through the documents as she was walking to the computer room.

As she got to the computer room, she took a sip of tea from the cup she had on a sidetable, and rubbed her forehead.

"As soon as i get these sorted, i dont have to even look at paperwork anymore. These will be last." She smiled and lifted her glasses on her forehead.

"I really hope this pays me back someday.."
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:32:28.
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

A return to the case...

"Biscuit?"
    Detective Sergeant John Streller mumbled while munching his way through yet another pack of Harry's Outpost Bronto Biscuits, rather aptly named due to the vaguely bronto-shaped biscuits inside the traditional packaging.

A darting nervous glance shot towards Streller from Detective Constable Thomas Burkitt. They were both dressed as desert nomads, draped in the wrapped dirty orange cloth and leather hide.

"I... I think I'll pass. Are you sure those biscuits won't blow our cover?"

"Don't be silly Bucket. Since when have they ever posed a danger?"

Streller fiddles with his nomad outfit, attempting to get the trail of crumbs from the creases and crevices out onto the wispy sand below. He and the other DoI detectives had a fondness for renaming Burkitt into Bucket. His tendency to vomit at every single crime scene involving a body sealed his innocent yet unfortunate nickname. Streller always found it interesting how his nickname - "Biccie" - never quite stuck. Biccie and Bucket... catchy, he thought to himself.

"Well.. pretty much every serious criminal on Rubi-Ka has seen you eat those damn things. Who even eats those bronto shaped biscuits other than you and little kids?"

"There's Uncle George, Geoff, Peter... Oh and Dave."

"Dave? That's a new one."

The two men trudge onward to a small outpost, cloaked from view occasionally by the whipped up sand.

"Yeah, he's that quiet guy that mops the floor back at HQ. The one with the eyepatch."

"Oh right. that Dave... What's the story with the one eye anyway?"

"Some say he's a reformed cultist from the Temple of Three Winds. Lost it in a pitchfork duel. It's a commonly practiced greeting to outsiders of the order. Unfortunately their blunt sign language for "come in and have some tea and cupcakes" is often misinterpreted."

"Really?"

"No."
    Last edited by Agrestus; Dec 12th, 2011 at 14:33:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrestus View Post

"Really?"

"No."
    (( hehehe.. I can SO hear this conversation between these two as they trudge across the dessert. Great job ))
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Meanwhile...

The Detective Chief Inspector sat slumped behind his desk, staring at the scotch in his hand as he swirled the glass.

It had been a long year, and a bloody long case. The tensions with General Feyad and Field Ops had mostly died down, now shoved under the rug by their respective superiors. What still frustrated him though, was that despite all the leaps and bounds the case was nowhere near reaching a conclusion.

The acting DCI had now stepped down, leaving DCI Validius Hunt back in charge. Though it was far from smooth sailing.

It was a few months ago that the Kyr'Ozch targeted the headquarters of the Department of Investigations. The damage to the facility itself was reasonably minor, if not for the serious corruption to their database servers and gridnet nodes. Luckily, the DoI detectives still had the use of the main Omni-Pol servers and facilities, but the disruption caused meant the case they should have been solving was under a mountain of paperwork that had just been cleared.

Still,
    He thought as he smirked to himself.
    At least the ruddy case is now officially ours. And it's moving again.

He swivelled on his chair to face his desk, planting his glass of scotch firmly on the wooden surface to concentrate on the holointerface presented before him.

DoI Case File Number: #0582
    Reference Numer: 44068755475/B.
    Case Name: Flora "Larnue" Rhees, Escaped Reform Patient.
    Security Clearance: LEVEL ONE.
    Authority: Department of Investigations, Omni-Pol, Omni-Reform
    Report Compiled by: DCI Validius Hunt.
    Investigator/s: DCI Validius Hunt, DS John Streller, DC Thomas Burkitt.

MAIN SUSPECT

Flora "Larnue" Rhees - White Solitus female, short, slim build, long dark red hair. Distinguishing features notable are her eyes. The left eye is green, while the other is blue.

A warning from ******* and ******* indicates Rhees is highly volatile, emotionally unstable and previously linked to hacking and smuggling organisations and various other criminal activities.

The most notable connection is with the group known as BLACK-NET. Their activities involved smuggling, hacking, trafficking and corporate sabotage, labelling them of reasonable importance by the corporation. The organisation itself is rumoured to have dissipated after a successful combined movement by Omni-Tek enforcement groups, leaving several key members of the group either permanently deceased or in custody.

Documents pertaining the interrogation of Rhees have been lost due to incompetence of the Omni-Pol officer in question supervising the interview. Unfortunately a DoI investigator was not present to provide a secondary copy. As a result of this, her connections to Black-Net and any other possible leads have been lost, other than her sightings with these individuals below.

Milly "Mirura" Harrada - White Solitus female, short, slim build. Blonde hair often in a ponytail. Distinguishing characteristics involve her cybernetic limbs and frequent use of a visor. A known Clan hacker and smuggler, she has since been in Omni-Tek custody. Due to clearance level now restricted this is not a strong resource.

Joseph Hadrensen - White Solitus male, medium height, medium build. Short dark brown/black hair. Suspected links to several underground organisations. Current location unknown after Omni-Pol crackdown.

Both of these primary contacts with Rhees are not viable resources.

CURRENT INVESTIGATION

Flora "Larnue" Rhees escaped Omni-Reform facility ****** after ************************************************** **********************************************. Suspected use of "poisonous lipstick". How this reached her in the facility is unknown.

Only current lead is reliant on gaining information from the desert nomads. DS Streller and DC Burkitt are undercover to investigate a possible link between the nomads and Black-Net. If this is the case, there may be possible leads to Larnue Rhees' whereabouts.
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    (( hehehe.. I can SO hear this conversation between these two as they trudge across the dessert. Great job ))
    (( Thanks I thought it was about time to revive this story and give it more clarity! ))
    Last edited by Agrestus; Dec 16th, 2011 at 02:20:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12