Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZOMG UTILITY PETS!!11one

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    I'd like to see nano-damage multipliers apply to perks too.
    Would be nice, since that will make our -50% nanodmg debuff more useful. I think that already works on shades.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    You ever tried killing an enf? The only thing we could do was scaling damage of AS, now there is absolutely no way possible to kill a top enf, we simply don't have the damage to OD his hots, and the defenses to survive his alpha (since our nanoline is stuck in either offense or defense). Focus 200% damage is laughable given where our nukes are at (and RRFE still reflects them right?)
    First of all, are we SEPOSED to kill absolutely every prof ingame? Killing a enfo dd wise presents no problems at all, surviving them long enaugh to wear them down does though. Or did you want to alpha them? Again, lets focus on some DEFENSIVE debate, this offensive debate is old/not nessesary, as our offense is and will be insane.

On that note, I'd like a "mezzpet" with trader drains ^.^ We ARE debuffers, right? *gets the pet to cast Gth/nanite drains*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmorph View Post
    First of all, are we SEPOSED to kill absolutely every prof ingame?
    On a total balance of play not necessarily. But there should never be the case where it is absolutely impossible to outdamage a non-doc's heals, that is way, way out of balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Wow u guys lost track of what this thread is about....
    Agreed. The point is CR+AK is not spike damage, and we need proper spike damage post-balancing: If this alternative is to come from the pets, then we should be looking at ways to effect it. Denying we need damage is a very strange position for an MP like Snowmorph to be arguing.
    Last edited by Chrys; Jan 18th, 2010 at 18:20:53.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    On a total balance of play not necessarily. But there should never be the case where it is absolutely impossible to outdamage a non-doc's heals, that is way, way out of balance.
    What proffesions outheal you? Enforcers can outheal us for a short time, but eventually will have to run away/die/kill us

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys
    Agreed. The point is CR+AK is not spike damage, and we need proper spike damage post-balancing: Denying we need damage is a very strange position for an MP like Snowmorph to be arguing.
    We're not shades though.. Just afraid MP's will be epic like they were for a really short time, then fall between the chairs for ages, history repeating itself. And Starfall looks pretty ubar post-rebalance if you ask me. What kind of MP am I though?

Lets bring this back to a discussion about the pets, and not get too offtrack. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I'm still looking for input on what you'd like to see in Utility pet lines, a lot of this has gotten sidetracked by pet problems, which is irrelevant in the light that pets are getting rewritten from the ground up in the rebalancing. With the beta server due to come up soon I'll be taking all three threads and making up a case to properly rewrite our pet toolset from the ground up.

Well what do we have as ideas so far?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

The Older ideas so far:

*Blind
    *AOE mezz
    *Higher land rate mezz
    *Layers on friendly target
    *Nano heal
    *Nuke

Newer ideas seen in this thread, order of appearance:

*Pet taunt/detaunt for pvm/pvp (I think this probably is better suited for the combat pet, imo)
    *Lunch (Eat the pet for big heal and or other massive defensive bonus, like a non-sucking TTB)
    *Knockback/Anti-Knockback (again, probably best for the combat pet)
    *Debuffs (init/damage/Healing/Nanodamage/the works!)
    *Snares
    *AOE blind (we really do need some sort of anti-area effect in our toolset!)
    *Anti-Fear (Mind you this is also suggested for our nano-interrupt line as well)

Kicking this back up towards the top and seeing if this list is conducive to everyone, or if there's something you guys need on there.

Well, from a flavor point of view i think the MP pets should have versatility in the support area. MP pets are after all parts of the mp's mind unlike the mechanical midgets employed by the engi and crat.

So i would propose a generic pet ( mezzpet replacement) capable of recieving various abilities through buffs and possibly perklines as well.

Make it a high NR (or simply highly resistant to all forms of CC) , low HP pet to put the choice of wether to kill it first or go for the MP in PvP a real dilemma.

You'd have a platform for running auras and proc-nanos on.
    There should also be a healthy mix of short and long term buffs to keep things from getting too stupid.

As for specific abilities many things have already been proposed but i would like to add:

• Nano damage efficiency.

• Healing Efficiency.

• Aggresiveness (ie. threat generated by the target of the pet)

There could be both strong single target versions (ie. setting the utility pet on the tank for a large boost in incoming heals) or a weaker aura-version.

Short-term pet terminating nanos i would propose the following for:

• Ginormous AoE hostile NR buff lasting a short time. No one lands anything, a powerful jamming field.

• Crazy-brutal AoE calm ( without aggro wipe) with short duration, this should affect everyone in range including the MP

• Percentage based heal.

• %-based nano point heal.

• Single target absorb shield.

Possibly the type of sacrificial effect you could produce should be linked with what long-term nano is running.

The basic idea is not wildly dissimilar from what i presented in the engi forum.
    The response i recieved there can be summed up as follows:
    Pets can never be good! If pets are made interesting engis will lose weapon support as new endgame content is produced, *i* have already farmed CSS, DOOOOOM!

So, having given up on them, i now chose to speak here.
    I have a crat, MP and an engi, i like them all. I have not PvP'd since i left WARhammer. I am very far from endgame and i level slowly, spread over 5-6 toons.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12