Thread: Pistol MPs - shout out & request for tution!

Pistol MPs - shout out & request for tution!

Ok, so my very first character who I love loads was a pistol MP. I abandoned her at around level 201. She's back, currently 213/12/52 - made the mistake of maxing LE research, then realised that getting a team is hardcore difficult these days (I've resorted to bribery: run mishes with 220 sol, beg someone inteam to return the favour. My sol has gotten x2 LE10s from this). I'm currently using Ql20[something] Type 1 and Ql196 Type 4 Pistols, azure + other ancient gear, but have an Lust stashed (but no upgrade yet), 220 pattern & full DB / beast gear ready.

Some questions:

1) Xan of Lust + AS pistol, I take it? Any indication of if the AS pistol is on the cards to be "rebalanced" (aka nerfed)? Are there any other viable Pistol choices out there? I've read about Crats using a bigburger for FA, have MPs done it?

2) Anyone played this style & can give tips on PvP (other than "don't do it")? So far I'm reading: forget pets apart from as target dummies, focus on defense.

3) I sense that with pistols you get a lot of procs going - should I focus on an evade / AAD build to maximise this?

4) I'm poor (1 mil wealth, go me!) so alium armour is out - I can't see any ofab actually being any use, but perhaps I've missed something?

Anyhow: a general hello from any pistol MP would be nice. In inf missions I get greeted with "ooh, pistol MP, how old school" nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    Anyhow: a general hello from any pistol MP would be nice.
    Ok then: General hello.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
    Ok then: General hello.

Hello.

Your forum sig helped me see the "perfect" pistol MP

Any tips on getting there? e.g. What level should I aim to get the Lust on, then pew/troller? Do I require CSS alium gear to use them? And so forth.
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Mar 16th, 2010 at 15:40:10.

213 is as good a level to equip a Lust (or two) as any, since the requirements are so incredible low.

I can't help you with the Troa'ler, but when it comes to Peh'wers: Don't go there, it's not really worth it, and it will require supple based armor to keep it 100%.

Since I don't pvp I can only say that I think dual wielding pistols only look good on paper. The most obvious downside, of course, is that your AS in general would be weaker than if you were using the Tigress, something that would apply regardles of how the balancing will end up affecting MPs.

As of the incredible Pistol Mastery perks and popping procs; I don't think your AR will be high enough to make anyone (except greens) fear you.

hello from me too...

tbh going AS on a pistol MP is for the rich and patient, and imo not worth it.

You will be needing AI armor at some point in the future regardless, if you want to start dealing out some decent dmg and be able to do some hot swapping around for the extra specials - and thats just for PVE

You can get around 2500ish AR and still have enough nano skills to cast your DB nanos (around 2200+), and have a decent success rate at landing debuffs on mobs
    Last edited by scenenheard; Mar 20th, 2010 at 01:26:04.
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol