Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Thats a pretty good idea, but even though in general I like it, i'd rather not see it happen.

One of the things that appeals to me most about shade prof is its perk based and not nano dependent. Adding more drain procs makes us end up more like traders then shades.

I'd rather see something like more perks then other professions or just a comparable improvement in our passive perk bonus's to keep up with what other profs get in new nano's. Although from the looks of it I'm not thrilled with were the perk "improvements" are going.

Riposte/parry rework does intrigue me though. Downside is, man aren't MA and keepers hard enough to kill for most profs?
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekah View Post
    15s drains on target is NOT better drains. 15s drains will significantly hurt shades 1v1 ability in a non gank situation. Not only this, but our current drains give an extra 368 AR to us, with the changes they will give us 327 AR. Either that or they stuffed up the off/def boost on the Capture Spirit perk in their little document. Being FC, it would not suprise me.

Disorientate is being changed from 4s to 3s making it basically impossible to gank any good player.
    So....
    atm the shade balancing is a token board...yaymeh..., nerf on stun, nerf on drains(hahaha)
    Drains were the only way i could survive enf/soldier for more than 5 seconds and it's the two profs i could perk.Doc too but heck with a 500k HP second healing power hard to gank.

What's left?

So we still won't be able to do much BUT people will kill us faster?

Woaw FC now thats some balancing for shades...lol?

I really wonder what's FC view on this prof actually...Last time a dev posted here to talk about it it was LOLrillion saying just after LE shades are fine.At that time a level 215 soldier in T1 was reaping any top endgeared 220 shade in 2 seconds.

Seems to FC shades are even more powerfull than advy...oh dear...
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

any prof whose primary defense is evades will gain more beneifit from the aimshot nerf than the non evade profs so shades get a mild bonus there.

most offensive perks are getting 2 sec attack time, while shades are keeping 1 sec attack time, so by comparison, shade alphas will be faster

noticable effective AR gain, no one knows how, but its comming in some shape or form

shades/keepers/MAs are getting most benefit parry/riptose, because of better template/more accessable skill

theres otherstuff thats probobly more important, but im not that active on shade forums.

that being said, i still dont think shades are getting enough love. but its a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    any prof whose primary defense is evades
    i'm worried about the plethora of NR checking perks now landing on the evaders... AAD and SP used to help with those. but in the future...

would be nice if SP reduced the nano attack skill (not ability to cast nanos, just the chance of landing) and boosted NR of the shade.

noticable effective AR gain, no one knows how, but its comming in some shape or form
    To be effective this famous "boost" need to be a real big boost, not some "hey you got 50 more AR enjoy!"
    Like one of our professionnal said it should be 500 at least and i'm quite sure FC will never do that.

I'm even more worried about devs saying shades will get more nanos to cast, which imho doesn't fit AT ALL this profession spirit...

And yes all the NR check perks will just mean shades will get alphaed in a blink of an eye by many many profs.

parry/riposte? well we don't know anything about that.

To me what shades need is simple: a big AR boost and MR removal for trox so they don't get OPed, reduced stun so alpha isn't too easy to do, and a better NR/root resist.
    Add a change to TR so it can actually heal us good and there you have it, shades won't suck anymore.

From what i've read FC isn't going that way at all.I wonder if any of them actually played a shade for more than 10 second...Heck they even thought about giving symbs to us...

I'm usual self seems this balancing crap will be the final nail in AO's coffin...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    i'm worried about the plethora of NR checking perks now landing on the evaders... AAD and SP used to help with those. but in the future...

would be nice if SP reduced the nano attack skill (not ability to cast nanos, just the chance of landing) and boosted NR of the shade.
    hmmm, forgot about that...

something needs to be done to balance this, unless parry works with perks to shades will have little to no means to counter NR perks, combined with low hp, this might end bad...

looks like shade pvp will have a sold VS nt kinda thing, as in "hope you can kill them fast enough to not ker-splat you"

i don't like defending shades, makes me want to play mine
    every time i get a hankering i look at sold AMS or enfo hp or keeper... tier i guess.

but fear not, i havea solution: first, we all need to get behind means... I'm sure you can see where im going with this.
    Last edited by lostlife; Feb 8th, 2010 at 23:23:53.

hmmm, forgot about that...

something needs to be done to balance this, unless parry works with perks to shades will have little to no means to counter NR perks, combined with low hp, this might end bad...

looks like shade pvp will have a sold VS nt kinda thing, as in "hope you can kill them fast enough to not ker-splat you"

i don't like defending shades, makes me want to play mine
    every time i get a hankering i look at sold AMS or enfo hp or keeper... tier i guess.

but fear not, i havea solution: first, we all need to get behind means... I'm sure you can see where im going with this.
    NR 2/3 was looking like an option... but then kintaii said they would be adding more nanos for shades... as a carrot to not perk nr2/3.

dont worry, maybe the carrot wont be as tastey as every one thinks

we could homogenize (i mean balance) the class even more if we get access to artillery symbiants and root/snare nanos.. to be ranged is really most viable option in tower fights..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I officialy demand an AS pistol with FA and 30% perk checks!

damn i'm not an adv or NT!oh SNAP!

NR 2/3 was looking like an option... but then kintaii said they would be adding more nanos for shades... as a carrot to not perk nr2/3.
    Yeah having some important perks nerfed and adding nanos...O.o

I like shades, I like pvping on a shade, I even like being at a disadvantage to alot of other profs. Killing an op prof is major epeen, killing somebody on an nt, trader or advie is *shrug* meh, big deal. But i'm not thrilled with what I see so far. Not so much because of nerfs or not getting enough improvement, but the way we are being nerfed and the form of the improvements.

It kinda seems like we are going from a perk based, sneaky, ganking backstabbing prof to a non ganking, low hp, low evade, martial artist.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

and I thought shades couldn't get any worse.

meh, I havent started farming endgame gear for my shade yet, and the way it's looking I most likely wont bother

kintaiis post "now != after re-balance" the !-mark means negation so anything can still happen on this case.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    kintaiis post "now != after re-balance" the !-mark means negation so anything can still happen on this case.
    true. but it is an indication of intent.

means in FWM 5:2 Shade (and Keeper?) token boards are pretty much guaranteed.

in responce to

if shades are allegedly getting token boards (unless they changed their minds), how about adding Shade (and Keeper) tags to some of the HI 1750 boards?

I posted shade new shade info before the prof, does the mean i win?

if shades are allegedly getting token boards (unless they changed their minds), how about adding Shade (and Keeper) tags to some of the HI 1750 boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Shade (and Keeper?) token boards are pretty much guaranteed.
    He answered

About new shade/rebalancing info: devs are silent for the last month

Shades won't become "new traders"/nano casting class.

There will most likely be no absolutely new abilities for shades (like new nanocasting for NTs), because they feel that the way shades are currently being played is the way they should be played. I guess there will be lots of number rebalancing (spirits, nanos, OFAB), but again, devs been silent for a month.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    There will most likely be no absolutely new abilities for shades (like new nanocasting for NTs), because they feel that the way shades are currently being played is the way they should be played. I guess there will be lots of number rebalancing (spirits, nanos, OFAB), but again, devs been silent for a month.
    I'm perfectly happy with the basics mechanics of the shade profession as it is now.

Can we get a bump for a boss mob somewhere(A la TNH) that drops high ql spirits?

Maybe at last TNH could have a 100% chance to drop a high ql (27) to be exact) spirit if siphon is used on him? Do we have such siphons btw?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Maybe at last TNH could have a 100% chance to drop a high ql (27) to be exact) spirit if siphon is used on him? Do we have such siphons btw?
    I'd settle for TNH dropping ql270+ siphons on a regular basis.

or at least some mobs in pande that do!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    I'd settle for TNH dropping ql270+ siphons on a regular basis.

or at least some mobs in pande that do!
    or make the spirit pb's lvl 250 instead of 220.

still chasing right arm essence x 2... not looking very hard at the moment though.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast