Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Stop insulting other people, please. Everyone can have their own opinion, no need to call others names.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

notcrattey made the thread tho, it's not our job to supply numbers and schematics for how everything we want should work.

We can can and should provide wishes for what we want, running around smacking people around because they want something different from you is stupid.
    The spears look great, and overhaul of them would be great for diversity.

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Removal need for Mongo Rage

no comments
    Wondering how... it help at too many situations
    VV

Of all the changes put forth for the shade profession, its a spear that turns into a flame war.

New weapons skins or older better ones improved would be great yes, I think that is about unanimous among the shade community. Though personally I'd prefer some wicked looking daggers to a rapier or spear.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

I'm very happy atm with the upgrade but just like the others not looking forward to the new token boards because of the farming it takes :/ but heh beggers cant be choosers.. About the spear I think it be really good idea to get an improvement to it so is useable looks great and so should be :P

About the leaches are they just going to be made for pvp or will this help us also in pvm? I would love fact if shades could solo bit more with out splating when more agro comes

about the keeps getting new special would be a nice idea for shades to get one aswell since both shades and keepers come from same family sorta

I'm pretty stoked that Shades are getting access to the token boards now. About damn time .

Interested in what FC is going to do about the AR thing.

Better drains sounds good.

Very interested in these "unique healing items"

All in all, I have to say that the shades' rebalancing info is pretty good
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Would love new visual designs on weapons, we got a janitor-tool and fondue-knife thing going on atm. Spear looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    I'm pretty stoked that Shades are getting access to the token boards now. About damn time
    Yeah it's good, but it's also dull and OOC developement.

Why shouldn't shade get a diferent neck-item than everyone else, or difrent wear-window?

Random thought out of my ar...: Could our stun procs work on bosses just like crats stuns did? In current state in pvm they are worthless as they simply dont work on anything thats worth stunning. With same durations as they have now they wouldnt be as OP as crats were anyway. I did always enjoyed those visual stun effcts that init debuffs lack, plus we are not docs after all.

Having a BIG taunt on those procs (or even beter a separate nano - proc line with taunts) wouldnt also hurt us and at last could give an impression that we still od some support classes, that simply isnt true anymore

BTW NTs are said to be getting "spell weaving" option, maybe we could get "perk weaving" one? Its a bit difficult to fire all those perks all the time, maybe there should be some programmed options to fire X line with one button so we could concentrate on ninjalooting a bit more
    It would be nice to have some different configurable "macros" with perk setups that could allow an auto execution. I imagine myself having something like; "debuff" (SP line), "heal" (TR), "i wanna OD this crat ... oh wait ... awww, at last ive tried " (donno yet, PM for sure)

Anyway, i hope that shades will be a bit more interesting after all this balancing crap and we will regain our top DD status again. Reworking our nano procs seems to be essential for me.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jan 18th, 2010 at 09:54:52.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    maybe there should be some programmed options to fire X line with one button so we could concentrate on ninjalooting a bit more
    hehe. how true.

main problem i have on my shade is that everybody, including doctors and soldiers and what not, can outrun me

like mentioned earlier, a "pulling" special would be great, but having a snare/root would also be great

like the idea of a SOFC....i think it'd be alot more viable if it was 1/1 instead of 3/3
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Better drains sounds good.
    15s drains on target is NOT better drains. 15s drains will significantly hurt shades 1v1 ability in a non gank situation. Not only this, but our current drains give an extra 368 AR to us, with the changes they will give us 327 AR. Either that or they stuffed up the off/def boost on the Capture Spirit perk in their little document. Being FC, it would not suprise me.

Disorientate is being changed from 4s to 3s making it basically impossible to gank any good player.

Yay we get a token board that only helps to 'equalize' shades AR/DEF and is something we should have had when SL was released (or at least a board that was equivalently powerful as a token board).

So all I see here is nerfed 1v1 ability and nerfed gank ability. Seems like a major shade nerf to me. We also haven't seen any mention of changes to one of shades biggest problems...defense against roots. Oh and lets not mention the "target out of range" when the enemy is right in front of u.
    Last edited by Shiekah; Jan 19th, 2010 at 09:26:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekah View Post
    15s drains on target is NOT better drains. 15s drains will significantly hurt shades 1v1 ability in a non gank situation. Not only this, but our current drains give an extra 368 AR to us, with the changes they will give us 327 AR. Either that or they stuffed up the off/def boost on the Capture Spirit perk in their little document. Being FC, it would not suprise me.

Disorientate is being changed from 4s to 3s making it basically impossible to gank any good player.

Yay we get a token board that only helps to 'equalize' shades AR/DEF and is something we should have had when SL was released (or at least a board that was equivalently powerful as a token board).

So all I see here is nerfed 1v1 ability and nerfed gank ability. Seems like a major shade nerf to me. We also haven't seen any mention of changes to one of shades biggest problems...defense against roots. Oh and lets not mention the "target out of range" when the enemy is right in front of u.
    Well lets break it down by prof...

I'm not a trox shade so..

MA/Fixer/Advie/some shield mp's and good crats are out of reach, without MR I can't perk.

Trader/Nt/Engie/doc/agents in fp doc:These profs were my bread and butter, docs insane hp has made ganking a bit harder these days but doable unless I screw up. Increase hecatomb cast time to 2 sec, lower stun to 3 second and they will just run away or root/kill me.

Sold/enfo: Drain nerf is gonna make these guys a problem now. They will also land perks here and there on us with evade change. They both have good ar so they will probly land enough to easily kill us now.

So as it stands I guess I'm going to be chasing around every keeper I see and spamming Defeat righteousness and killing the occasional crossbow mp?

Whats that we get better heals? Ok, IF the fact we can now be perked once in awhile by even doctors is an improvement over aimshot online, we will be able to survive longer. But other then root what was our problem with survival before? Sneak/gank/run away or run till we get rooted and die. In order to get those heals from a standard pvp setup we'll have to unperk a line. Do we loose the passive bonus from drains or loose the stun and aad from CiB?

Unless i'm missing some changes (entirely possible since so many are goin in and each prof is changing a little) we just got told to buzz off. The only two bright sides is the ganking nerf brings atrox shades more inline with other breeds since...well we can't gank anyway so perking wont matter. And second, heals will be good in pvp and our old pvp setup wont so I guess I can perk back into a pvm setup and not have to choose one or the other.

this more ar thing is what interest me the most

will it be added threw nanos? and if so, will it be in form of passive ar buff, or active def debuff? (would rather keep shade as a non caster) Or possibly in procs (vamp acts like trader drains+lifedrain perhaps?)

will this be connected with retimization? like the new stims (that will replace need for FA) that add to ar? or a back item perhaps?

also, why do shades not need FA? i understand treatment, but not FA.

I've seen it mentioned on other prof boards that parry/riposte will be made usefull. That extends to shades or is it prof specific and we're not invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Hematuria View Post
    I've seen it mentioned on other prof boards that parry/riposte will be made usefull. That extends to shades or is it prof specific and we're not invited?
    Keepers, shades and MAs will get the most benefit from parry/riposte changes.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

I agree with Shiekah about our drains. 15s duration on the negative drain portion (in pvp) is just upsetting. It's defensive aspect is essentially being halved, and it's offensive use remains unchanged and very limited (largely depends on their being a mech/pet around and then being able to find a target before 1 minute is up).

I just think it would be so freakin simple to fix our AR problem--by lowering the check on drains (significantly not just 95% or w/e). Evades would still count for something on evaders in the sense that their would be no insta gank since we would need to spend time draining up for damage perks. Honestly, can you get a response or something about FC's take on what is supposed to be happening with this perk line? It's severely blunted offensively and now they want to halve its effect defensively?

If negative stuff post rebalancing patch MUST be characterized by short durations, then maybe we could just get the positive effect for us buffed to match the net gain we can make now. That would make us about equal with fixers after draining in the def rating department. Whether that's op'd would be open to discussion.

And then add 50 SL perks for keepers/shades so we can both perk spatial (But seriously, could you get devs to think of the positives/negatives/rp reasons for and against giving shades and keepers 50 SL perks?)
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jan 25th, 2010 at 08:34:40.

a suggestion for spirits: lower lv shades are at a dissadvantage in twinkability because of the lv locks and lack of implants, if level lock were removed as a whole then people would wine about "spirits aren't lv locked, why are my symbs still lv locked?" so my solution is remove lv lock on all spirits below ql 200, so that shades can have the same stats as some one with lv 200 imps, but will deter the wines.

also, what about trueseeing eye spirits? or have those already been added? haven't played the shade on over a year, gonna be my next project though, soon as i get my enfo up to 220

At lower lvls shades are so nub that i dont think that anyone would complain about spirit qls.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Tokenboards+no lvl locked spirits would unnub them quite a bit, tho...
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

empowering line idea

Hmm, ive just had an idea about our empowering line.

Today we have those lines:
    DD (with max dd proc of 800 dmg or so)
    init debuff (-850)
    dot
    stun (15% max)

Lets introduce two (or even 3) more lines:
    heal (max heal same as max dmg from dd proc) + eventually taunt of 5-10k
    aao/aad debuff (-850 aao/aad debuff working like -init)
    taunt line (id like to keep it with heal line)

And now the fun part: allow us to use TWO lines at same time. So there could be many interesting empowering setups, f.e.:
    tank setup: heal + aao/aad debuff or heal + deinit,
    dd setup: dd + dot
    pvp gank: stun + aao/aad debuff
    pvp outlast vs docs: dot+stun
    pvm team friendly: stun+init debuff

Plus: allow stuns to work on boss mobs.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast