Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    What is this "no worry we use def spirits/gear when DDing so we can tank" response when i want more damage. Thats like the opposite of what i want.

but if you say DD shade needs to use def spirits/gear instead of offesive ones, dont look at me when people cry on forums that shade damage is not as good as it should be. Every other classes can go full pvm-dd setup without problem of overagroing and shades cant.

and you dont get majorly od'd.. means that you do get od'd by others that shades.. by a support class?

so ye, so far i dont see anything on the current list that makes shades damage go up and/or removes the need to hold back or tank.
    Well for one, i've od'd dd setup shades even in my pvm setup, and yes i've od'd shen/piercing shades too. Happens quite frequently really. I've od'd crats even since last patch, engis too. Only crats that tend to od me is full on dd crats. But i do hear your point, by majorly od'd i ment that it doesn't happen really all that often at all =)

About overagroing if you meen that you want to be able to do tons of dmg without getting agg that seems well a bit weird, with more dmg comes more aggro simple as that. I wouldn't mind if shades got more dmg on their perks (seeing as drastic perk changes are incomming so why not fix shade perks for more dd?)

And i never ever hold back, a proper doc should be able to keep a full team healed without problems since doc heals are the nerfiest =P (everything's just a cakewalk nowadays....)

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Runspeed/Conceal/Health Drain: Possible extension for nano lines across all level ranges.

will help lowbie shades
    Very nice

btw, improved SoFC plx, we need viable spears to look sexy and have range.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

*snip Ringy Text*

You're one of the only shades i knew that could reliably od me on my Crat Hell, one of the only Profs at the time
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

thumbs up for this, not bad, could be better ofc.
    Jick- teh cursed one
    Demonictus- da shade
    Frogy - shield gimp
    Kamehame - KUNGfriikingFU
    and many others....

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Spirits: We *want* to do something with spirits, but we're still researching possibilities within our current technology on how to reach a viable solution.
    Any chance one change could be so eye and leg essence spirits don't have the same name? Both are "___ Spirit of Essence" although I don't think there are any cases where both show up at the same QL other than for the Xan ones. Even for QL 1 and 300 ones where all the types would be present (if QL 300 dropped) both don't show up, perhaps as they share the same name.

One of my big fears in this re-balancing is shades being more of a 1234 profession like soldiers or nt's. Has there been any consideration to improving the way shades sneak and hide? For instance the ability to hide while fighting as a mode of escape? or faster sneaking?
    Last edited by Hematuria; Jan 12th, 2010 at 01:34:48.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Very nice

btw, improved SoFC plx, we need viable spears to look sexy and have range.

Bump, up the dmg on SoFC so it becomes a viable leveling weapon!
    Sith Lord of The Empire

Krypto 2nd account

Gief improved SoFC!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

"Bump, up the dmg on SoFC so it becomes a viable leveling weapon! "

i did some numbers and compared ql260 SoFC to 2xql 220 992-rapiers(about the same requirements)
    1.5k AR, 300+dmg 10%crit vs. Heckler of 15kAC

dual rapiers: 2x23.8k, fast 12.6k backstab 16k = 76k dpm (does minimum dmg to 3k AC)
    spear 260 : 34.5k, fast 3k, backstab 16k = 54k dpm (does minimum dmg to 22k AC)

and the difference is 22k damage per minute

i played with the damage ranges of SoFC to see what numbers would match closely to rapiers
    (for the leveling, crit component is rather meaningless because only endgame items buffs it.)
    and the results was:
    300-660 (100) (minD +200 ) ≃75k dpm
    100-900(100) (maxD +240) ≃75k dpm
    220-780(100) (both +120) ≃75k dpm

and then making spear a bit faster.. 2/2
    200-750 (100) again ≃75k dpm

damage scaling? rapiers will scale a lot better with +dmg because of faster hits and SoFC will cap sneak/Backstab and the damage goes wasted

and compared to my current setup, ql300 SoFC should be about 500-1200(500) 2/2 weapon 2800 MBS
    i just dont see that happening..
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jan 12th, 2010 at 20:32:00. Reason: fixed numbars
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

/snip

Impressive numbers and all, but viable and identical dmg is not the same now is it?
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Token board...I hope they make farming tokens at 220 easier at least, for the non-neutral shades that will be scrambling around the gun farming spots

Any word on making the Improved Hacked Omni-Med Blade more attractive in the balancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Impressive numbers and all, but viable and identical dmg is not the same now is it?
    identical? no.. but who the hell would use it if its not within few % of the damage, when you have to sacrifice from agg-def bar from 0% to something, and nerf the scalability of rapiers?
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

identical? no.. but who the hell would use it if its not within few % of the damage, when you have to sacrifice from agg-def bar from 0% to something, and nerf the scalability of rapiers?
    I would for the share looks, not -everyone- and their inbreed sister is head over heels for dmg, I've played this game for so long I just want to have fun.

identical? no.. but who the hell would use it if its not within few % of the damage
    A lot of people actually, it gives you a viable choice. It may not be top of the line, but it isn't as boring as a set in stone way to play.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Jan 14th, 2010 at 04:53:05.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

here you go

i proudly present to you the improved version of wwapon that has the look, but no dmg increased, to make it viable.. wtf?

its not as good as rapiers, but i think lot of shades would like/use it.

kk
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

i proudly present to you the improved version of wwapon that has the look, but no dmg increased, to make it viable.. wtf?

its not as good as rapiers, but i think lot of shades would like/use it.

kk

Ain't you just full of constructive feedback? Might as well not post if you don't have anything usefull to say.

Ain't you just full of constructive feedback? Might as well not post if you don't have anything usefull to say.
    care to read my post again?

i gave constructive feedback with numbers and analysing how that would affect gameplay.
    you (in plural) only want item buffed and dont even bother to tell how.

notcrattey is only gimp and whines about everything "i want item buffed but i dont know enough about my class to tell how it would be better item" .... improved bloodsoaked, improved rapiers, improved spear, improved slippers... all just whines and no suggestion other than name, improved <insert old item-name here>

how you want spear buffed? "i just want it buffed!" is not an suggestion, its a whine.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

care to read my post again?

i gave constructive feedback with numbers and analysing how that would affect gameplay.
    you (in plural) only want item buffed and dont even bother to tell how.

notcrattey is only gimp and whines about everything "i want item buffed but i dont know enough about my class to tell how it would be better item" .... improved bloodsoaked, improved rapiers, improved spear, improved slippers... all just whines and no suggestion other than name, improved <insert old item-name here>

how you want spear buffed? "i just want it buffed!" is not an suggestion, its a whine.

No it's a wish by a player to get the weapon looked at, so it becomes viable to use. No need for it to be Über just viable.

You coming here posting crap, calling names and idiot calculations taht has nothing to do with what was requested, leaves me to think you are an idiot and rightfully so.

out of every suggestion i gave, Spear fall behind in damage compared to "weapons of choises"

it will not become über at any level. and you have to sacrifice soloability to get "close to rapiers" damage, but you wont surpass them..

i have been reasonable enough with this.

"idiot calculations taht has nothing to do with what was requested.."
    and just few posts above weapon damage was requested to get buffed..
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Excuse me? spear is the ONLY item i've ever wanted to be improved. (besides combined MA)

Buffed to viable damage. it's not MY JOB, THE PLAYER to figure out how FC could implement improvements, it's simply something I would like to see happen. A suggestion on the other hand.

Go crawl back in your hole.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Jan 14th, 2010 at 18:43:22.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast