Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Farming spirits can actually be fun, especially when you get a good one lol.

Anyways, while killing borgs today and having seas of time while killing those huge hp borb bosses I got an idea.
    I hit the dimach button, since it's take a while anyway before that boss would die and I could use dimach a few times.

In the first post I read they want to make Shades better at what they're about, like draining health. Our dimach does that.
    Now as I hit dimach killing a borg thinking about this, everything came together. Borgs drop special implants with max health in all of them.
    Why not just put dimach in all our spirits when the rebalancing. So we get a really nice dimach instead of the tiny one we have now, and with a better recharge. It'd be totally in line with what Shade is about right. Drain their souls
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Nesja View Post
    Farming spirits can actually be fun
    farming? fun? are you high?

you want to farm spirits for me??

LoL, I'm actually pretty crazy.
    But it gives a sense of accomplishment when you manage to get a good spirit yourself. Or just a high ql siphon.
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

Well there always aspects of this game people think are "boring" or "stupid", etc...
    But there are people who genuinely enjoy them, sometimes for no good reason; like how I absolutely love doing HI.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

WILL the token boards soon be aviable for shades? Have soon farmed 1500 tokens and going ape**** if they desided to scrap it.

They will be available. Although how soon is anyone's guess. Keep grinding those tokens, son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    farming? fun? are you high?
    Farming patterns and killing pocketbosses ("wanna help me kill some pocketbosses" ) was not fun.. Getting über 270's from siphons was indeed very fun, it almost felt like you were looting a burden.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

AO is wonderfull for giving individual players tons of choices how to gear up and perk and play. and im rather worried this will homogenize shades if all defensive spirits will get huge offensive buff and off-spirits huge def bonus.

naturally its hard for devs to maintain some kind of balance with multiple setups, but in my opinnion its ridicolous to have "tanks" dealing similar dd as fully dd-oriented toons.
    i couldnt care less if my evades gets buffed. im not planning to take any hits with my 12k hp gear as long as there is enfo around.. i dont need evades. if i want to pvp or tank/solo, i put other gear naturally.

ps: this is just random thoughts/stating the obvious and not reply to anything and not a forum-mongo.
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jul 2nd, 2010 at 09:54:12.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Do we have any news about lower level shades that lack pretty much everything?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Do we have any news about lower level shades that lack pretty much everything?
    I would expect to see a lot of it in the nano changes, although spirits are another big concern.

We want moar info pls for low levelz
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

I think the tokenboards will help a lot with many low to mid level problems. That, plus the nano changed documentation is what I'm looking forward too.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I certainly hope that they don't try to "fix" us by giving up combat nanos to compensate for our deficiences. 4 hour buffs, sure, but combat nanos, no. SHD is a decent nano, and I supposed it makes sense, but shades should not be nano casters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I think the tokenboards will help a lot with many low to mid level problems. That, plus the nano changed documentation is what I'm looking forward too.
    So what are the neut shades going to do?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Pick sides? Don't really know. That's not a neut problem exclusive to shades though.
    I wouldn't mind neuts using token boards but so far fc has been unconvinced of that.
    Guess you'll have to try try try.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

I think the tokenboards will help a lot with many low to mid level problems.
    show me 1 shade who has combined lvl150 level spirits in totw..
    token board will make all the difference!
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I think the tokenboards will help a lot with many low to mid level problems.
    The only thing I can see it patch fixing is some stats in pvp at the TL4-5 range and help with CL.

Gosh.. I didn't say it's the one and only fix needed for shade and the remedy of all our problems.
    I said it will help with a lot with many problems that come up at lower levels.

Not having enough conceal to use sneak attack in pvm.
    Runspeed issues.
    Comp lit problems at low levels and at high level helps building and keeping bracers out of OE.
    Quite a lot more hitpoints with more balanced aad/aao at lower levels.

...Obviously it's not helping with our combined spirits at lower levels, or our defense vs offense balancing problems or a bunch of other issues. There we hopefully see some light with the nano changed documents.

As I said in the left out part of the quote, the tokenboards and the nano document changes is what I am looking forward to.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Targeted Towards TL7 Shades (Mostly PvP)

Serious concepts:

- TR life tap lines must ALWAYS heal the Shade regardless of the amount of damage done to the target. The amount healed should be a % of the Shade's HP + a % of the damage done to the target. Anything more than 40% of Shade's health restored (Before damage) from Devour Vitality alone would be a bit overpowered.

- TR must be broken into groups similarly to the way Piercing Mastery was. Currently it takes upwards of 6 - 7 seconds to fire off all of the TR perk lines to get an effective heal. The trade-off for quickly firing the last couple perks without the ones before should be a reduced effective healing, eg Devour Vitality healing for no more than 30% of the Shade's HP or so + a smaller % of damage done to the target.

- Defeat Righteousness in the form it exists today MUST be removed. It is nasty and game breaking for Keepers when landing on them. Nemesis Nanos in general were a bad idea.

- Backstab should always land: You have to be positioned behind a target AND the target has to be attacking something else. Currently it misses far more often than it should.

- Stun procs should be removed. Same goes for all of the LE procs (At least the way they exist now). They only represent an element of chance which is completely unwelcome in a game of thought, numbers, and time spent twinking. The SR 6 perk Disorientate is completely fine the way it is now, requiring 6 perks to use makes it a worthwhile sacrifice and it is removable with free movement stims, which prevents it from being a win button.

- Spirit Phylactery debuffs shouldn't be any longer than like 30 seconds. The buff to the Shade that uses them, however, should be about 2 minutes long.

- All other procs should be of a 30% or higher chance to proc on regular hits and specials only. Another fix would be having procs guaranteed to fire off after a certain amount of time in combat on a specific target, no more than 10 seconds.

- This one goes for a lot of professions: players in mechs or APTs MUST not be able to proc targets. Shades are still able to stun kill people while piloting an APT, which is absurd.

- Hitting a moving target must be possible within 10 meters of the target. Hitting a static target must be possible within 2 meters of the target.

- Cocoon tattoo's on use ability must be removed. It is only functioning as a bandaid to the hole in Shade's survivability toolset because our life taps do not work well. With evades popped and cocoon up, Shades can tank small groups of players too easily.

- Sneaking must be faster, and Shades must have slightly more concealment skill than they currently have. An extra 300 points or so at 220 would be appreciated.

Radical ideas:

- Shades could have an AoE version of SHD that has a slightly lower recharge time with much less damage, and a 5 meter or so range. Maximum heal possibility should be less than 1200 hp, with this nano functioning primarily as a damage dealing ability in PvM

- Shades could have a vanish ability that temporarily boosts concealment by a significant amount and allows the Shade to immediately sneak, regardless of whether it is under attack, rooted or not. Sneaking would also break any agg from mobs or players alike. Within 10 seconds or so, the Shade should suffer a concealment draining affect that lowers their concealment by upwards of a thousand points. The purpose of such a nano would be to get out of danger at least long enough for heal delta or SHD to heal the Shade a bit, and so the Shade can attempt to get out of the line of sight of their target.

Shades do not need more attack rating of evades. (At least not at 220) Our primary concerns in this department should be addressed with other professions; pistol wielders should have 100% checks on the Pistol Mastery line. Enforcer 2hb/1hb perks should all have 100% checks. Any well geared Shade (Even Opifex) can easily get 2700~ AR and 3300 - 3500~ defense/evade/dodge/duck compounded in a defense oriented setup without a set of alien armor. SP drains allow them to get over 3k AR and a significant amount of defense, allowing Shades to perk all non-evaders (Agents, Doctors, Enforcers, Engineers, Soldiers, NTs).

An entirely offensive setup (Or one that uses Mongo Rage) can gift a Shade without alien armor around 3500+ AR, which is more than enough to perk Traders, Adventurers/Bureaucrats/Other Shades with evades down, and even Shield MPs or Keepers who have less than phenomenal gear. Fixers in the same category as aforementioned MPs and Keepers can be defeated with regular hits, specials, and SHD. Even marginally well equipped MAs will always be a hassle, but that is not a game breaking problem at the moment since they are easy to escape.

Naysayers will claim that it is very difficult to gear a Shade. This is true in one area: spirits. Currently, farming alphas is very difficult and/or time consuming for even a 220 Shade. Right now only the top two QLs of Shadowlands spirits can be used in the alpha creation process. The trade skill process should be extended to encompass the top 4 QLs of spirits, allowing even the rare and prized slots to be farm-able without the currently mandatory pocket boss killing.

Many nanos available to 220 Shades should be extended to lower levels to help out the babies that are leveling. The concept of alpha spirits (as well as the CL brain) as no drop loot or quest rewards could possibly be extended to lower level spirits as well, at certain title levels.

Super radical idea:

- TR line could have a minor reflect piercing ability (After all, Shades use piercing weapons) that could temporarily decrease the amount of reflects a target has by no more than 15-20% or so. This would only occur on attacks where the Shade does all TR perks in order.

- Either the above or Shade DoTs of all types could ignore reflects or absorbs. This would primarily affect Soldiers, and effectively negate their heal delta ability. Would also be somewhat useful against Engineers and/or their pets which have significant amounts of survivability.
    Last edited by Veebliez; Sep 16th, 2010 at 09:51:08.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast